MV1FZS Sound and Color issues

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Hey guys, I'm trying to repair this MV1FZS I got awhile back.

85% of the time when I power the board up, the screen will have a turquoise color tint or I'll get scratchy/popping noises coming out of the speakers. Or a lot of times both.

This happens even when no cart is inserted. Whats odd is sometimes the board boots up fine with no color or sound issues.

Im using a supergun setup and I have another MV1FZS that works. So I know its not my screen or supergun.

Any Ideas?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Could just be failing parts on the mobo. The FZ, FZS, 1A are more prone to failure than any other Neo mobo. Well, from my experience. I'm assuming it's from the SNK custom that only exists on these boards iirc.

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
I have a similar problem with my MV-1C...sometimes there's a turquoise tint when I first turn it on but then seems to go away. I wonder if this is a known issue as its funny its the same colour? my board looks to be in fairly good condition, maybe its my supergun or a faulty RGB cable.

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
Hey guys, I'm trying to repair this MV1FZS I got awhile back.

85% of the time when I power the board up, the screen will have a turquoise color tint or I'll get scratchy/popping noises coming out of the speakers. Or a lot of times both.

This happens even when no cart is inserted. Whats odd is sometimes the board boots up fine with no color or sound issues.

Im using a supergun setup and I have another MV1FZS that works. So I know its not my screen or supergun.

Any Ideas?

hi mate, did you ever work out what this issue was? basically mine always starts up with the blue signal too strong (so pic looks turquoise) but then corrects itself after 10 mins or so...really strange, just trying to work out what might be causing this to happen.

thanks

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
hi mate, did you ever work out what this issue was? basically mine always starts up with the blue signal too strong (so pic looks turquoise) but then corrects itself after 10 mins or so...really strange, just trying to work out what might be causing this to happen.

thanks

I hadnt, I was planning to recap the board first and see what happens. Someone else mentioned it might be video DAC which is an array of resistors on the bottom of the board.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You both have the same issue and both have a supergun, what superguns are you both using?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
You both have the same issue and both have a supergun, what superguns are you both using?

I'm using a HAS v3.1

I'm pretty sure I tested it in my cab aswell, but I'll double check.

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
my supergun is an unnamed one i bought from a guy in Ireland (seems decent quality)... but i have tried other MV1C boards and they seem fine, I'm pretty sure its the MVS.

what i have to do now its turn down the blue pot on my supergun when i first start it up, then when it randomly corrects itself i turn it back.

the fact that it seems to sort itself out after 10 mins is making me thing there's a dry joint somewhere, as when it heats up a little it fixes...? but i have no idea with this stuff

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
Just to update, a friend of mine came round earlier who has the same supergun and his started playing up but now with the green colour...so having checked everything the only consistent is the neosd I recently bought. Would the neosd have any impact on something like this, maybe it's not getting enough power or there's another fault with the flashcard? I'd have thought the mvs board would control the rgb levels and the flashcard would just send the video information to the mvs? Strange