Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Neo-Geo Forums Discord Server

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

Lightbulb Unofficial Neo-Geo Forums Discord Server

I've set up a Discord server for us to use: https://discord.gg/tzDDAgJ

Once you've joined, message the admin (me) via Discord with a link to your Neo-Geo forums profile. Everyone will have their nickname set to the name on their Neo-Geo forums profile by an admin so we'll all know who we are on there.

The server was just created, as we need more channels we'll create them. Get in there and start chatting!

BTW if any forum mods want admin rights on the Discord server, please message me.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    I'm not hip to Social Media stuff. What is this?

Baseball Star Hitter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I have no idea what a Discord is. I must be getting old.

Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    It's like tinder, but for superfagz.

World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar
    it's like grindr except people already have dicks up their asses.

Reichsf?rer-Finnland
    Quote Originally Posted by MattBlah View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I have no idea what a Discord is. I must be getting old.
    IRC for dummies.

FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!
    chat warz ii: the butthurt strikes back

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof
    Discord is similar to IRC, with a few enhancements. It supports full chat history with search, you can directly put photos in it (instead of upload it to imgur, copy link, paste to chat, wait for people to click and see) as well as other attachments, you can @mention people to ping them, etc. Plus there's voice chat capability in case certain mods want to serenade us with drunken karaoke.

The Neo-Geo forums IRC channel is still around actually but nearly no one uses it (shout outs to Nesagwa, Poison-Sama and KagerouSama tho). Actually most of the IRC channels I used to lurk now have an active Discord server.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    Discord is basically irc2018, works well with browsers and phones. It's awesome.

Calvin & Hobbes

Heh... another chat room.. lulz...

What next? A new facebook page for Neo geo peeps? They could call it...

NGFL... NeoGeoForLosers...

xROTx

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.
    I've been playing around with Discord this week. I'll check it out.

War Room Troll
    Maybe I like getting kicked out every 30 minutes and not being able to post images.

Astra Superstar
    I don't really see the point for Discord when the forum already has a new-and-fresh-smelling integrated chat service.

Calvin & Hobbes

I've learnt from experience... that chat rooms are built on the people in it...

...I've seen my fair share of chat wars... and I'm tired of them...

I'll just focus on our forum in the main... so, i don't really mind what others do...

xROTx

PS. This doesn't mean I won't occassionally log back into pcefx, schmups, sega16... or some folks discord channels...etc etc... but it's home here...

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.
    Yes we need more fragmentation.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by ChuChu Flamingo View Post
    Yes we need more fragmentation.
    What does Neosd say... err... goes like "Bigger, badder, load faster..."...

I can respect some peoples view that our forums can be "scary"... and they might need a more placid place to play...

But a lot of our memberbase have found their own niches here... so creating new NG chat rooms.... NG social media groups seems somewhat... insular...

xROTx

War Room Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    What does Neosd say... err... goes like "Bigger, badder, load faster..."...

I can respect some peoples view that our forums can be "scary"... and they might need a more placid place to play...

But a lot of our memberbase have found their own niches here... so creating new NG chat rooms.... NG social media groups seems somewhat... insular...

xROTx
    Come on man. Using Discord has absolutely nothing to do with hiding out and being "scared" and everything to do with the new integrated chat being a product of 2008. I like my consoles retro, but not my computers.

I'm in both at the same time and will continue to use both, but there's only one that ends my session every 30 minutes and doesn't support images, chat history (wtf?), @mentions, a desktop app, etc. I appreciate that you paid for it and it integrates with the forum, but it's pretty bad.

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by thirdkind View Post
    Come on man. Using Discord has absolutely nothing to do with hiding out and being "scared" and everything to do with the new integrated chat being a product of 2008. I like my consoles retro, but not my computers.

I'm in both at the same time and will continue to use both, but there's only one that ends my session every 30 minutes and doesn't support images, chat history (wtf?), @mentions, a desktop app, etc. I appreciate that you paid for it and it integrates with the forum, but it's pretty bad.
    You misunderstand... I am sayin' I don't care what the fook you do...

The issue with other chat rooms is there are already PLENTY of chat channels around... I occassionally go in a few of them... but same old faces same old people... a fragmentation and secularization of the scene...

I'm not interested with it because my main concern is here... so NO matter how good your chat room is.... I do not feel that me going to another forum/chat is in keeping with what I want for this forum...

You wanna go there... fine.. I don't care ... as no one member is bigger than this forum... so whether you use our services here or not... it rarely creates a blip...

THATS WHAT I'M SAYING!

xROTx

War Room Troll
    I'm not misunderstanding at all. You proposed that the need for a separate chat is cultural because the "scary" crowd in the official chat is a bit too much for some who need a more "placid" environment. I'm telling you it's because the client sucks. That simple.

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by thirdkind View Post
    I'm not misunderstanding at all. You proposed that the need for a separate chat is cultural because the "scary" crowd in the official chat is a bit too much for some who need a more "placid" environment. I'm telling you it's because the client sucks. That simple.
    You aint been in chat with me much have you?

I was referring to the fuckin' forum in terms of "scary"... You should ask the regular chat members how I deal with drama in the chat room...

Simply put... I don't want drama in the chat room... and like it or not... what I say in chat goes... I've earnt that...

The main forums are a COMPLETELY different animal... I know what can happen on our main forums... and I have a function to perform BUT make no bones about it...

IF you're gonna make a sweeping statement... get your facts straight...

xROTx

War Room Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    You aint been in chat with me much have you?

I was referring to the fuckin' forum in terms of "scary"... You should ask the regular chat members how I deal with drama in the chat room...

Simply put... I don't want drama in the chat room... and like it or not... what I say in chat goes... I've earnt that...

The main forums are a COMPLETELY different animal... I know what can happen on our main forums... and I have a function to perform BUT make no bones about it...

IF you're gonna make a sweeping statement... get your facts straight...

xROTx
    You're right. I don't know what the hell you're talking about half the time.

World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Chat Wars II: Return of the Dongs

Athena's Bodyguard
    I've already seen this one. I hate repeats.

Calvin & Hobbes

Pfft... dumbasses... not interested...

You gays wanna chat war?... have it without me... thx mofo's...

xROTx

PS. Not many people survived the last chat war... just sayin'...

War Room Troll
    This place really is teh drama.

"Chat war."

Jesus.

Thread Information