Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NIB Japanese AES listed on eBay

Crazed MVS Addict

NIB Japanese AES listed on eBay

Browsing around this morning and came across this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SNK-Neo...MAAOSwrslaVsqC

According to the listing, it's new and never used. If I had the money...

Dogg-Father

1 picture? come on...
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    1 picture? come on...
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, too. The seller does say if you buy it they can send more pictures. WHY NOT JUST POST THEM ONTO THE LISTING NOW?

Red flags and alarm bells.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Never used ? We can see a lot of dust on the AES console.

Orochi's Acolyte

That seller is sketch as fuck.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Yea, I smell bullshit. That price is ridiculous as well.

Bunker Buster

There was one on YAJ that sold back in January or February of 2017. It actually ended at $1800 if i recall correctly. I wouldnt be surprised if it was the same one being sold.

赤裸裸的汽車人

They also have this Metal Gear on FC listed as "$2575 off"
    http://ebay.com/itm/162835099409

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.
    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Playa' From
    Around The Way.

The Japanese sell with honor. I vote legit

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    There was one on YAJ that sold back in January or February of 2017. It actually ended at $1800 if i recall correctly. I wouldnt be surprised if it was the same one being sold.
    Really? Damn, times done changed.

Orochi's Acolyte

Quote Originally Posted by Lukejaywalker23 View Post
    The Japanese sell with honor. I vote legit
    Nah... It's probably some Euro weeb or Luke Morse type that moved to Japan to flip games.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

Crazed MVS Addict

I want to contact the seller to see more pictures. If it's legit, I may jump on it... but I have serious doubts. I've been emulating the Neo for years now and always wanted a console (and a Neo SD)... but even if this console is NIB, it is unmodded. I want the Universal BIOS, stereo sound, HDMI, etc.

And, also, no matter what, you can't take a console online to FightCade (would be pretty cool if you could). You're limited playing against AI or someone else who likely has never played any KOF or anything.

Would still be cool to have, though.

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    They also have this Metal Gear on FC listed as "$2575 off"
    http://ebay.com/itm/162835099409
    WTF? I'm confused asf.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGeo64 View Post
    I want to contact the seller to see more pictures. If it's legit, I may jump on it... but I have serious doubts. I've been emulating the Neo for years now and always wanted a console (and a Neo SD)... but even if this console is NIB, it is unmodded. I want the Universal BIOS, stereo sound, HDMI, etc.

And, also, no matter what, you can't take a console online to FightCade (would be pretty cool if you could). You're limited playing against AI or someone else who likely has never played any KOF or anything.

Would still be cool to have, though.
    Why not just buy a used one for much cheaper? It just makes more sense if you plan on installing a Uni-Bios, modding, and playing it. I'm thinking like my old collectard self here but if in fact this console is brand new never used, you lose like 75% of the value once you open it and use it. This is probably more for collectors who just want to say I own a brand new console, bag it up, and throw it on a shelf.

I purchased a Brand New Gold System back in 08 for $585. Sold it to some Italian Guy here on the Forums a few years later. I think paying that much for a console you might find in great condition boxed for probably $400-500 makes no sense. I'm just trying to kick some sense into you but you spend your money how you want. God knows I've spent some nice change on similar stuff.
    Last edited by RAZO; 01-11-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Crazed MVS Addict

Yeah, I agree. NIB stuff scares me and really isn't practical for playing.

One of these days I'm gonna get a CMVS or modded AES (in good shape, I don't want a beater), but I really never intend on collecting individual games, save for a handful (maybe 3 or 4) of games I really want copies of. Everything else will be on the Neo SD.

MAME works well enough for now until that day comes.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGeo64 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. NIB stuff scares me and really isn't practical for playing.

One of these days I'm gonna get a CMVS or modded AES (in good shape, I don't want a beater), but I really never intend on collecting individual games, save for a handful (maybe 3 or 4) of games I really want copies of. Everything else will be on the Neo SD.

MAME works well enough for now until that day comes.
    Exactly.

SouthTown StreetSweeper

+1 to f that listing. A NeoSD, CMVS, and extra money you'd save would bring you much more joy.

Hardened Shock Trooper

Couldn't a brand new AES be DOA in box? I always worry about leaking capacitors eating through traces when I see a new in box console like this.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Couldn't a brand new AES be DOA in box? I always worry about leaking capacitors eating through traces when I see a new in box console like this.
    There is always a possibility. Another reason why I would prefer purchasing something I know works and has been tested.

Crazed MVS Addict

Four days later and this guy hasn't added more pictures to his listing. Why would you list a NIB Neo Geo AES and NOT have more than one picture?

Is this fuck boy a scammer or what? Jesus.

Crazed MVS Addict

Oh and you GOTTA love this! When you try to contact the seller you get this:

We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

From the listing: "If you get this item, we can send more pictures of the box before shipping. This is the only one we have at the moment (just got our hands on it from an old retro shop). Serial number 185***"

So you can't ask the seller ANY questions and can't see more than one picture unless the cash is in his account first. Wow. Why the fuck would anyone buy from such a shady bitch? If this faggot tried to list something like that on the market here, with no way to contact him and only one picture, how would the community take that?
    Last edited by NeoGeo64; 01-14-2018 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Added the serial number

Art of Typing Wiz

icon25.gif

This guy is just not worth the time. You have something called Holy Grail Rare and you only post one fucking picture? I smell scam a mile away.

Street Hoop Star

This seller is just selling a listing that was purchased or is currently on Yahoo Japan. All their auctions on ebay just act as a proxy for Yahoo Japan items.
    [Rot] 1:39 pm: Twonk is a SAVIOR!

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Tw3ek View Post
    This seller is just selling a listing that was purchased or is currently on Yahoo Japan. All their auctions on ebay just act as a proxy for Yahoo Japan items.
    I can't find that item on Yahoo Japan auctions. Can you provide a link?

Street Hoop Star

Quote Originally Posted by Tw3ek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    This is what this and a few other sellers do. Purchase the items on Yahoo Japan then resell it using the exact same info from the auction. It is why some items have way more pictures than others of why they sell multiples of the same items at different prices.
    [Rot] 1:39 pm: Twonk is a SAVIOR!

Thread Information