Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 161in1 understanding its logic.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

Thanks, your is defo different, it has an extra opcode and port used to set up the games. In your video you were looking at a region of menory that is not correctly mapped on all NeoGeo systems.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

c0nn0r, does you 161in1 save softdips settings onto the card if you follow the procedure I mentioned on the previous page?
    Last edited by Razoola; 01-19-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Also, does your cart have metal slug x on it (should be game number 58)?

Toptier

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    c0nn0r, does you 161in1 save softdips settings onto the card if you follow the procedure I mentioned on the previous page?
    161-in-1 Softdip settings are saved across boots using this method:

• Turn on neo geo, choose game X - confirm level settings (level 2), soft reboot holding BCD to get dip settings, set level to 4 and exit sofdip.
    • Game starts with updated softdip settings.
    • Hold P1 Start until break out to 161-in-1 menu
    • turn off console
    • Turn on neo geo and choose game X. Updated level settings (level 4) remain intact.

161-in-1 softdip settings are not saved across boots with this method:

• Turn on neo geo, choose game X - confirm level settings (level 2), soft reboot holding BCD to get dip settings, set level to 4 and exit sofdip.
    • Turn off console.
    • Turn on neo geo and choose game X. Updated settings did not save. Game boots with previous softdip settings.

I followed the working method for the first 12 games on the 161-in-1 to see if we could exceed the MVS internal 8 game softdip memory limit (from what I understand).

It worked. The 161 seems to be saving it's own softdip settings. My entire first page of games is now set to level 4, and these settings persist across boots.

I have a MV-1C CMVS that does not have a card slot. UNIBIOS set to USA/ARCADE.

Toptier

Also, does your cart have metal slug x on it (should be game number 58)?
    Yes, I have Metal Slug X as game number 58.

Quote Originally Posted by c0nn0r View Post
    161-in-1 Softdip settings are saved across boots using this method:

• Hold P1 Start until break out to 161-in-1 menu
    • turn off console
    • Turn on neo geo and choose game X. Updated level settings (level 4) remain intact.

161-in-1 softdip settings are not saved across boots with this method:

• Turn off console.
    • Turn on neo geo and choose game X. Updated settings did not save. Game boots with previous softdip settings.

I followed the working method for the first 12 games on the 161-in-1 to see if we could exceed the MVS internal 8 game softdip memory limit (from what I understand).

It worked. The 161 seems to be saving it's own softdip settings. My entire first page of games is now set to level 4, and these settings persist across boots.

I have a MV-1C CMVS that does not have a card slot. UNIBIOS set to USA/ARCADE.

Yup so that works in the same way, its just a case of if the code to do it is different or not.... Can you take a few more screenshots for me from the following addresses....

0x0FF000
    0x0FF146
    0x0E03C8
    0x0E2760
    0x0E0400

Thanks.

Toptier

Yup so that works in the same way, its just a case of if the code to do it is different or not.... Can you take a few more screenshots for me from the following addresses....

Thanks.

0x0FF000
    IMG_3486.JPG

0x0FF146 (issue with this one. I do not have that address on my cart. I gave you the address around it. Please advise.)
    IMG_3487.JPG

0x0E03C8
    IMG_3488.JPG

0x0E2760
    IMG_3489.JPG

0x0E0400
    IMG_3490.JPG

AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!

Just awaiting for Raz to find some very interesting stuff about these banana carts and then they turn into $150 collectors' prizes :P

BTW: I'll power on mine and see if the addresses are the same as c0nn0r's or not...just for curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by aha2940 View Post
    Just awaiting for Raz to find some very interesting stuff about these banana carts and then they turn into $150 collectors' prizes :P

BTW: I'll power on mine and see if the addresses are the same as c0nn0r's or not...just for curiosity.
    I think the next unibios release might just raise the interest in these carts a little.

Many thanks for the pics c0nn0r, this has helped me alot and I won't be needing any more pics from you (I hope)

Toptier

Many thanks for the pics c0nn0r, this has helped me alot and I won't be needing any more pics from you (I hope)
    It was a pleasure. Glad I could contribute to such a great project. Keep up the great work!

I guess I should give you a picture back in return

20180121_195626.jpg

Maxima's Barber

I did a double take there and had to confirm each game was already on the 161-in-1 list. So awesome that no hacks are listed.

Menu looks great, looking forward to Unibios v4!

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

20180121_195626.jpg
    NICE!

Krizalid's Fashion Designer

20180121_195626.jpg
    Your very generous.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Toptier

raz_delight.jpg

A Joala is for Life.
    Not Just Christmas.

Raz - will the different cart revisions affect everyone's experience? Are the unibios changes only working with your revision?
    Last edited by joala; 01-21-2018 at 10:44 PM.
    Spice god of Borneo...my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart

Quote Originally Posted by joala View Post

Raz - will the different cart revisions affect everyone's experience? Are the unibios changes only working with your revision?
    Yes, its very possible there are revisions out there that it will not work on, then again, maybe there isn't either.

Benimaru's Hairdresser

Raz - can you please post pics of your 161 PCBs so we know which rev you're using?
    Sony PVM Club, Blast City Club, Egret II Club, Neo Candy Club
    WTB: Neo Geo MVS-U4 or MVS-U4/29

Toptier

Quote Originally Posted by daskrabs View Post
    Raz - can you please post pics of your 161 PCBs so we know which rev you're using?
    Another thing you could do is to take a look at the data on your cart at the addresses Raz asked for. Compare them to the pics I supplied to see if we're on the same rev.

simply posting pictures of the PCB may not be helpfull when you consider identical pcbs could be used but with different data on. We really need to find a wat from looking the data. When c0nner suggests is a good idea and if your cart is different numbers then place post the pictures.

Benimaru's Hairdresser

simply posting pictures of the PCB may not be helpfull when you consider identical pcbs could be used but with different data on. We really need to find a wat from looking the data. When c0nner suggests is a good idea and if your cart is different numbers then place post the pictures.
    Fair enough, but why not both? I don't have pics to post right now as I don't have the cart in hand, but when I do, I'll post.
    Sony PVM Club, Blast City Club, Egret II Club, Neo Candy Club
    WTB: Neo Geo MVS-U4 or MVS-U4/29

You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!

Since the release of the NeoSD, I don't understand the logic of a 161-in-1 either.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 | MVS Executive | Razion World Champion
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    Non dilated pupils pic=Challenge. I got a hundred dollar cd.

Quote Originally Posted by daskrabs View Post
    Fair enough, but why not both? I don't have pics to post right now as I don't have the cart in hand, but when I do, I'll post.
    Mainly because a picture does not tell you about the software controlling the board.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    Since the release of the NeoSD, I don't understand the logic of a 161-in-1 either.
    Yea, this is simply a quick hack to turn a MVS into a 98SLOT MVS board on the cheap. If nothing else its really cool just leaving it running in attract mode watching it randomly choosing games as quick as a real MVS multislot.

Thread Information