161in1 understanding its logic.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
If reprogramming of the cart can be worked out then it would be very easy (although the in game popout game select menu on neogeoland might not be possible with nice graphics.

Last edited:

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I just don't have the space to add lots of features like in neogeoland. While the things you suggest are all very easy to do, I really don't have the space. If I add this into the next unibios it will only work one way so I need to try and work out what the best way would be and what games to add or not (so is a SVC hack better than no SVC in the list at all?. You will always be able to play all the games by the standard 161in1 menu if you want.

Yes the SVC hack is definitely better than no SVC at all. I'd say it's the one hack that should be left included IMO.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Yes the SVC hack is definitely better than no SVC at all. I'd say it's the one hack that should be left included IMO.

+1

Would there be any chance of a bios just for the 161 to tailor features?

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I just don't have the space to add lots of features like in neogeoland. While the things you suggest are all very easy to do, I really don't have the space. If I add this into the next unibios it will only work one way so I need to try and work out what the best way would be and what games to add or not (so is a SVC hack better than no SVC in the list at all?. You will always be able to play all the games by the standard 161in1 menu if you want.

With hack. SvC is good no matter what. I thought the hack was just the extra characters?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I did a little more work on it earlier today.... Now instead of simply moving to the next game in the attract mode cycle it will randomly choose a game instead. This makes it a little more intresting when left in attract mode.

While I still don't know enough about where the softdips are physically stored on the cart I have now got this so it loads the softdip settings from the cart. This means if you have stored new softDIP settings with your 161in1, my UI hack will now also use them. The only downside is this means you have to spend some time saving your updated softdips using the standard 161in1 menu.. That means.

1) boot system to the normal 161in1 gamelist menu.
2) choose a game you want to edit dips for.
3) once it boots press testmode and edit dips.
4) exit out of test mode using the menu (do not reboot neogeo)
5) hold start until the 161in1 menu comes back.
6) goto (2) and choose a new game.

The softdips get saved to the cart between step 5 and 6.

If for some reason the carts softdips get messed up and you want to default them, the following will work (you need unibios). On step 3 when in test mode, go into the hardware test and cycle to the backupRAM clear option, then press ABC. Then cycle to the crosshatch screen and press B. Once system reboots you can either hold start and procede to option 6 to save the default softDIPs or goto option 3 and set new softDIPs first.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Another quick question for those with a 161in1. Is it normal to see the unibios exception handling screen when you choose the game puzzle bobble 2? Then once you choose the reset option the game starts normally?

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Another quick question for those with a 161in1. Is it normal to see the unibios exception handling screen when you choose the game puzzle bobble 2? Then once you choose the reset option the game starts normally?

No, this is not normal. I just tried it with my 161-in-1 and it boots directly to the parental advisoly screen.

Last edited:

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
I did a little more work on it earlier today.... Now instead of simply moving to the next game in the attract mode cycle it will randomly choose a game instead. This makes it a little more intresting when left in attract mode.

While I still don't know enough about where the softdips are physically stored on the cart I have now got this so it loads the softdip settings from the cart. This means if you have stored new softDIP settings with your 161in1, my UI hack will now also use them. The only downside is this means you have to spend some time saving your updated softdips using the standard 161in1 menu.. That means.

1) boot system to the normal 161in1 gamelist menu.
2) choose a game you want to edit dips for.
3) once it boots press testmode and edit dips.
4) exit out of test mode using the menu (do not reboot neogeo)
5) hold start until the 161in1 menu comes back.
6) goto (2) and choose a new game.

The softdips get saved to the cart between step 5 and 6.

If for some reason the carts softdips get messed up and you want to default them, the following will work (you need unibios). On step 3 when in test mode, go into the hardware test and cycle to the backupRAM clear option, then press ABC. Then cycle to the crosshatch screen and press B. Once system reboots you can either hold start and procede to option 6 to save the default softDIPs or goto option 3 and set new softDIPs first.

This is a great post, and great news. Just what I wanted to hear. Thank you Razoola.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
No, this is not normal. I just tried it with my 161-in-1 and it boots directly to the parental advisory screen.

What version of the universebios are you using when you test that?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member

Ok, can you please do the followinf for me.... get to the 161in1 game list. hold coint+start or start+abc to bring up the ingame menu (it will be sorrupted but its still usable). not move down and hilight softreboot. then move right and when you see the memory viewer press A. Now scroll untill address 0F0040 is in the top left (you can hold down buttons A, B or D to speed scroll). Once your there can you please take a photo and post it here.

This will be quite helpfull for me.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Ok, can you please do the followinf for me.... get to the 161in1 game list. hold coint+start or start+abc to bring up the ingame menu (it will be sorrupted but its still usable). not move down and hilight softreboot. then move right and when you see the memory viewer press A. Now scroll untill address 0F0040 is in the top left (you can hold down buttons A, B or D to speed scroll). Once your there can you please take a photo and post it here.

Tried it myself, but I'm running a very old version of unibios (2.2) and I can't seem to access the memory viewer by pressing right from the softboot option.

The game works well though, as does the in game menu. The initial unibios splashscreen appears all grabbled up when having the 161 in 1 inserted. Using a 4 slot.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
that unibios version is to old and does not have the needed feature.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member

Sorry for delay. Here's the requested pic:

IMG_3473.JPG

Glad I could help. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Sorry for delay. Here's the requested pic:

View attachment 48450

Glad I could help. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Yes please, I did a type sorry, I should have said address 0ff040, if its not to much trouble, can you take a picture of that address?

Raz

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Here you go:

IMG_3475.JPG

Always happy to help.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
many thanks, just what I needed. Your cart looks to have different workings than the one I have, this could complicate things a little. Can you take another screen grab from FF080?

Raz

Last edited:

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Hey Raz, I had to upload a video instead of a pic. You will see the reason why when you watch it. Single pic would not tell the entire story.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Hey Raz, I had to upload a video instead of a pic. You will see the reason why when you watch it. Single pic would not tell the entire story.

This is because you are at the wrong address, you need FF080 (0FF080) and not FF0800. :)

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
This is because you are at the wrong address, you need FF080 (0FF080) and not FF0800. :)

Here's the correct address:

IMG_3479.JPG

For curiosity sake; could you tell me what the previous video was showing? Why was the data changing in realtime?

Keep up the good work Raz!