Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 161in1 understanding its logic.

Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    I just don't have the space to add lots of features like in neogeoland.
    How feasible is adding the NeoGeoLand menu to the cartridge program itself?

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

If reprogramming of the cart can be worked out then it would be very easy (although the in game popout game select menu on neogeoland might not be possible with nice graphics.
    Last edited by Razoola; 01-16-2018 at 04:10 PM.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Maxima's Barber

I just don't have the space to add lots of features like in neogeoland. While the things you suggest are all very easy to do, I really don't have the space. If I add this into the next unibios it will only work one way so I need to try and work out what the best way would be and what games to add or not (so is a SVC hack better than no SVC in the list at all?. You will always be able to play all the games by the standard 161in1 menu if you want.
    Yes the SVC hack is definitely better than no SVC at all. I'd say it's the one hack that should be left included IMO.

Benimaru's Hairdresser

Quote Originally Posted by kuze View Post
    Yes the SVC hack is definitely better than no SVC at all. I'd say it's the one hack that should be left included IMO.
    +1

Would there be any chance of a bios just for the 161 to tailor features?
    Sony PVM Club, Blast City Club, Egret II Club, Neo Candy Club
    WTB: Neo Geo MVS-U4 or MVS-U4/29

Quote Originally Posted by daskrabs View Post
    +1

Would there be any chance of a bios just for the 161 to tailor features?
    No.
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Krizalid's Fashion Designer

I just don't have the space to add lots of features like in neogeoland. While the things you suggest are all very easy to do, I really don't have the space. If I add this into the next unibios it will only work one way so I need to try and work out what the best way would be and what games to add or not (so is a SVC hack better than no SVC in the list at all?. You will always be able to play all the games by the standard 161in1 menu if you want.
    With hack. SvC is good no matter what. I thought the hack was just the extra characters?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Crossed Swords Squire

Holy shit..badass Raz!!
    Looking forward to this and dusting my 161 off!

I did a little more work on it earlier today.... Now instead of simply moving to the next game in the attract mode cycle it will randomly choose a game instead. This makes it a little more intresting when left in attract mode.

While I still don't know enough about where the softdips are physically stored on the cart I have now got this so it loads the softdip settings from the cart. This means if you have stored new softDIP settings with your 161in1, my UI hack will now also use them. The only downside is this means you have to spend some time saving your updated softdips using the standard 161in1 menu.. That means.

1) boot system to the normal 161in1 gamelist menu.
    2) choose a game you want to edit dips for.
    3) once it boots press testmode and edit dips.
    4) exit out of test mode using the menu (do not reboot neogeo)
    5) hold start until the 161in1 menu comes back.
    6) goto (2) and choose a new game.

The softdips get saved to the cart between step 5 and 6.

If for some reason the carts softdips get messed up and you want to default them, the following will work (you need unibios). On step 3 when in test mode, go into the hardware test and cycle to the backupRAM clear option, then press ABC. Then cycle to the crosshatch screen and press B. Once system reboots you can either hold start and procede to option 6 to save the default softDIPs or goto option 3 and set new softDIPs first.
    Last edited by Razoola; 01-17-2018 at 06:02 AM.

Bashful Neophyte

Nice work. I think I'll pick up a 161 cart.

Another quick question for those with a 161in1. Is it normal to see the unibios exception handling screen when you choose the game puzzle bobble 2? Then once you choose the reset option the game starts normally?

Toptier

Another quick question for those with a 161in1. Is it normal to see the unibios exception handling screen when you choose the game puzzle bobble 2? Then once you choose the reset option the game starts normally?
    No, this is not normal. I just tried it with my 161-in-1 and it boots directly to the parental advisoly screen.
    Last edited by c0nn0r; 01-18-2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: advisoly

Toptier

I did a little more work on it earlier today.... Now instead of simply moving to the next game in the attract mode cycle it will randomly choose a game instead. This makes it a little more intresting when left in attract mode.

While I still don't know enough about where the softdips are physically stored on the cart I have now got this so it loads the softdip settings from the cart. This means if you have stored new softDIP settings with your 161in1, my UI hack will now also use them. The only downside is this means you have to spend some time saving your updated softdips using the standard 161in1 menu.. That means.

1) boot system to the normal 161in1 gamelist menu.
    2) choose a game you want to edit dips for.
    3) once it boots press testmode and edit dips.
    4) exit out of test mode using the menu (do not reboot neogeo)
    5) hold start until the 161in1 menu comes back.
    6) goto (2) and choose a new game.

The softdips get saved to the cart between step 5 and 6.

If for some reason the carts softdips get messed up and you want to default them, the following will work (you need unibios). On step 3 when in test mode, go into the hardware test and cycle to the backupRAM clear option, then press ABC. Then cycle to the crosshatch screen and press B. Once system reboots you can either hold start and procede to option 6 to save the default softDIPs or goto option 3 and set new softDIPs first.
    This is a great post, and great news. Just what I wanted to hear. Thank you Razoola.

Quote Originally Posted by c0nn0r View Post
    No, this is not normal. I just tried it with my 161-in-1 and it boots directly to the parental advisory screen.
    What version of the universebios are you using when you test that?

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser

This is amazing work RAZ! keep it up!
    It's impossible to be a nice guy on the internet.

Toptier

What version of the universebios are you using when you test that?

Ok, can you please do the followinf for me.... get to the 161in1 game list. hold coint+start or start+abc to bring up the ingame menu (it will be sorrupted but its still usable). not move down and hilight softreboot. then move right and when you see the memory viewer press A. Now scroll untill address 0F0040 is in the top left (you can hold down buttons A, B or D to speed scroll). Once your there can you please take a photo and post it here.

This will be quite helpfull for me.

Pm Rot. He'll Give You
    A Great Custom Rank.
    Ok, can you please do the followinf for me.... get to the 161in1 game list. hold coint+start or start+abc to bring up the ingame menu (it will be sorrupted but its still usable). not move down and hilight softreboot. then move right and when you see the memory viewer press A. Now scroll untill address 0F0040 is in the top left (you can hold down buttons A, B or D to speed scroll). Once your there can you please take a photo and post it here.

Tried it myself, but I'm running a very old version of unibios (2.2) and I can't seem to access the memory viewer by pressing right from the softboot option.

The game works well though, as does the in game menu. The initial unibios splashscreen appears all grabbled up when having the 161 in 1 inserted. Using a 4 slot.

that unibios version is to old and does not have the needed feature.

Toptier

Sorry for delay. Here's the requested pic:

IMG_3473.JPG

Glad I could help. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Sorry for delay. Here's the requested pic:

IMG_3473.JPG

Glad I could help. Please let me know if you need anything else.
    Yes please, I did a type sorry, I should have said address 0ff040, if its not to much trouble, can you take a picture of that address?

Raz

Toptier

Here you go:

IMG_3475.JPG

Always happy to help.

many thanks, just what I needed. Your cart looks to have different workings than the one I have, this could complicate things a little. Can you take another screen grab from FF080?

Raz
    Last edited by Razoola; 01-19-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Toptier

Hey Raz, I had to upload a video instead of a pic. You will see the reason why when you watch it. Single pic would not tell the entire story.

Hey Raz, I had to upload a video instead of a pic. You will see the reason why when you watch it. Single pic would not tell the entire story.

This is because you are at the wrong address, you need FF080 (0FF080) and not FF0800.

Toptier

This is because you are at the wrong address, you need FF080 (0FF080) and not FF0800.
    Here's the correct address:

IMG_3479.JPG

For curiosity sake; could you tell me what the previous video was showing? Why was the data changing in realtime?

Keep up the good work Raz!

Thread Information