Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 161in1 understanding its logic.

Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    The problem here is that is not the NeoGeoLand popup menu, that is the main menu (I grant you it looks very simular though).
    Wouldn't it be possible to use the main menu window in the BIOS? Then, you'd have that stripe where the button icons originally were, for all the info you want to put there. An in case you'll ever support more multicarts, it could also display which one is currently running, the 191, 150, 138, or whatever. This would certainly solve the awkward placing of the PICnMIX text, and you could call it PICKnMIX, because PIC sounds weird to me, like a short "picture", not "pick".

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

I don't like that idea because im trying to keep the box as small as possible. There is no chance of supporting other multi carts because there is no space. I'd have to remove the 161in1 cart to add another.

Raz
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

At the Finnish NeoGeo meet last weekend we had a trial run in a MVS cab and all in all it went very well indeed. There was one bug found and a couple of small niggles. I have been working to fix these and hopefully they are now fixed.

I also programmed a quick hack on Friday evening to see if it would work on an AES at the meet (through magickey converter) and it did. It meant the button on the magickey needed to be constantly pressed in but the main thing was it worked.

There will be some limitations on AES compared to MVS and the most visible will be the popup menu. There will be other limitations also but on the whole on AES it would work well enough.

MVS popup list (below)
    kof99h005.png

AES popup list (below)
    kof99h004.png
    Last edited by Razoola; 01-30-2018 at 06:03 AM.
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Rugal's Thug

I also programmed a quick hack on Friday evening to see if it would work on an AES at the meet (through magickey converter) and it did. It meant the button on the magickey needed to be constantly pressed in but the main thing was it worked.

There will be some limitations on AES compared to MVS and the most visible will be the popup menu. There will be other limitations also but on the whole on AES it would work well enough.
    THANKS your awesomeness

Only from RAZOOLA!!

PS: I modded my magickey way back when with a physical switch to short the push button because the 161 menu just won't come up and I have a real unibios in my AES.
    Last edited by phoenixdownita; 02-03-2018 at 11:26 PM.

Pm Rot. He'll Give You
    A Great Custom Rank.
    At the Finnish NeoGeo meet last weekend we had a trial run in a MVS cab and all in all it went very well indeed. There was one bug found and a couple of small niggles. I have been working to fix these and hopefully they are now fixed.

Again, that's looking awesome!

I would like some honest feedback on something.

It is in relation to how buttons A and B game swapping works. I currently have A mapped to jump to next game and B to previous game. This makes sence to me and is also the way I implemented in v3.3 cabinet fixes for multislot owners whos cab does not have game swap button mapped. It has been pointed out to me that it also makes sence to have the buttons mapped the other way around, so A selects previous game and B the next game. Sort of like in a way you turn pages of a book given how the buttons are laid out.

Which way do you think is better?

A Joala is for Life.
    Not Just Christmas.

I would like some honest feedback on something.

It is in relation to how buttons A and B game swapping works. I currently have A mapped to jump to next game and B to previous game. This makes sence to me and is also the way I implemented in v3.3 cabinet fixes for multislot owners whos cab does not have game swap button mapped. It has been pointed out to me that it also makes sence to have the buttons mapped the other way around, so A selects previous game and B the next game. Sort of like in a way you turn pages of a book given how the buttons are laid out.

Which way do you think is better?
    A for previous and B for next imo mate
    Spice god of Borneo...my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart

Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by joala View Post
    A for previous and B for next imo mate
    +1

Goal! Goal! Goal!

Cant wait for this. Im trying to find someone to fix a 161 for me. Or is fixing them going to bork your new picinmix stufff?
    Last edited by 8bitForLife; 02-25-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Pm Rot. He'll Give You
    A Great Custom Rank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    +1
    I agree, A for previous and B for next seems more natural to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitForLife View Post
    Cant wait for this. Im trying to find someone to fix a 161 for me. Or is fixing them going to bork your new picinmix stufff?
    The 161in1 does not need any modding for this, its all in the unibios. The only question mark is if all revisions of the 161in1 will work.

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by [OCEAN] View Post
    I agree, A for previous and B for next seems more natural to me.
    Ohk I will do the buttons this way although it does feel weird to me atm.

As somone else said to me 'A for next game since it's the "primary" button. B for "back" is easy to remember too'

Raz
    Last edited by Razoola; 02-26-2018 at 02:27 AM.

Loyal Neo-Disciple

As somone else said to me 'A for next game since it's the "primary" button. B for "back" is easy to remember too'

Raz
    A forward, B back.
    Sony PVM Club, Blast City Club, Egret II Club, Neo Candy Club
    WTB: Neo Geo MVS-U4 or MVS-U4/29

Duck King's DJ

Quote Originally Posted by daskrabs View Post
    A forward, B back.
    I agree with this.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Another Striker

Both make perfect sense to me, and I'd be ok with either.

If I had to choose, personally I'd probably go for A forward and B back, because A is usually referred as the main button, while B is the secondary one.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by donluca View Post
    Both make perfect sense to me, and I'd be ok with either.

If I had to choose, personally I'd probably go for A forward and B back, because A is usually referred as the main button, while B is the secondary one.
    Exactly, and moreover it really depends if the list is scrolling from top to bottom or from left to right.
    In the current case A for next game and B for previous is more natural.
    Last edited by Jontox; 02-26-2018 at 08:30 AM.

Somewhere in Europe.

For a moment there, it lookes like A - PREVIOUS, B - NEXT was getting more votes, but then the opposite crowd rolled in and spoiled the fun. I feel like this should almost get a poll. You know which ption is getting my vote, though.

Ok, I have made a public poll at http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...iguration-Poll. Its a public poll and remember there is no right or wrong answer here, it all comes down to personal preference.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

@Razoola - did you ever figure out if the soft-dips were being saved to the main flash chips or another chip on the boards?

Just wondered: if they do use the flash chips and the menu can access that saving function, do you think it would ever be possible to override the menu and use the cartridge itself to overwrite the game data, so that you could overwrite hacks and the proto games?

Just a thought I had
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

I don't have the tools to figure that out. The info I do know is in the process of being put up onto the neogeodevwiki, hopefully where people will be able to look more closely at this. It would be great if the flashes could be reprogrammed though, there are a few issues that can be easily fixed with games once that can be done.
    Last edited by Razoola; 02-27-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Somewhere in Europe.

I don't have the tools to figure that out. The info I do know is in the process of being put up onto the neogeodevwiki, hopefully where people will be able to look more closely at this. It would be great if the flashes could be reprogrammed though, there are a few issues that can be easily fixed with games once that can be done.
    I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for this. If this gets figured out, banana multis will have a chance to become the best, cheapest and fastest multi cart out there.

Duck King's DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for this. If this gets figured out, banana multis will have a chance to become the best, cheapest and fastest multi cart out there.
    Agreed. Can't wait Raz.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Cham Cham's Banana

This is great, really looking forward to this being added to the Unibios. Thanks Razoola.

I know it has been mentioned previously, but if there was a way to set the Unibios to boot directly to this instead of the original menu screen, that'd be fantastic.

A Joala is for Life.
    Not Just Christmas.

Is it correct you can currently soft reset the cart to go back to the game selection menu by holding P1 start for 5 seconds?

Doesnt seem to be working for me....
    Spice god of Borneo...my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart

Quote Originally Posted by joala View Post
    Is it correct you can currently soft reset the cart to go back to the game selection menu by holding P1 start for 5 seconds?

Doesnt seem to be working for me....
    You can yes. If you have a memory card inserted however that button code does not work due to poor programming by those that created the 161in1.

Thread Information