Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 161in1 understanding its logic.

SouthTown StreetSweeper

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    The problem here is that is not the NeoGeoLand popup menu, that is the main menu (I grant you it looks very simular though).
    Wouldn't it be possible to use the main menu window in the BIOS? Then, you'd have that stripe where the button icons originally were, for all the info you want to put there. An in case you'll ever support more multicarts, it could also display which one is currently running, the 191, 150, 138, or whatever. This would certainly solve the awkward placing of the PICnMIX text, and you could call it PICKnMIX, because PIC sounds weird to me, like a short "picture", not "pick".

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

I don't like that idea because im trying to keep the box as small as possible. There is no chance of supporting other multi carts because there is no space. I'd have to remove the 161in1 cart to add another.

Raz
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

At the Finnish NeoGeo meet last weekend we had a trial run in a MVS cab and all in all it went very well indeed. There was one bug found and a couple of small niggles. I have been working to fix these and hopefully they are now fixed.

I also programmed a quick hack on Friday evening to see if it would work on an AES at the meet (through magickey converter) and it did. It meant the button on the magickey needed to be constantly pressed in but the main thing was it worked.

There will be some limitations on AES compared to MVS and the most visible will be the popup menu. There will be other limitations also but on the whole on AES it would work well enough.

MVS popup list (below)
    kof99h005.png

AES popup list (below)
    kof99h004.png
    Last edited by Razoola; 01-30-2018 at 07:03 AM.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Lazy SNK Employee

I also programmed a quick hack on Friday evening to see if it would work on an AES at the meet (through magickey converter) and it did. It meant the button on the magickey needed to be constantly pressed in but the main thing was it worked.

There will be some limitations on AES compared to MVS and the most visible will be the popup menu. There will be other limitations also but on the whole on AES it would work well enough.
    THANKS your awesomeness

Only from RAZOOLA!!

PS: I modded my magickey way back when with a physical switch to short the push button because the 161 menu just won't come up and I have a real unibios in my AES.
    Last edited by phoenixdownita; 02-04-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Pm Rot. He'll Give You
    A Great Custom Rank.
    At the Finnish NeoGeo meet last weekend we had a trial run in a MVS cab and all in all it went very well indeed. There was one bug found and a couple of small niggles. I have been working to fix these and hopefully they are now fixed.

Again, that's looking awesome!

Thread Information