PGM issue on MVS U4 candy cab wired for Neo Geo

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Hey all. Thinking my PGM board was busted, I bought another mobo from a forum member and, much to my chagrin, it exhibits the same problems as my other board.

No sound, no video. If I turn the volume dial, I can hear some crackling through the speakers.

This cab is wired up and works perfectly with Neo Geo, Hyper 64 and PGM2.

Weird thing is, my PGM mobo worked great on this set up until about a year ago. Is there some connection or grounding issue (or issue with the PSU) that could prevent PGM from running right while at the same time working with all of my other mobos?

I've been on the fence about selling my PGM collection anyway, so I'm kind of weighing repairing and working on this stuff vs. just selling everything off. :hammer:

Thanks for looking into this y'all!

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Do you have something else besides the MVS U4 that you can test the PGM boards out on, just to make sure that they are in fact working? E.g. a supergun?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
No, I don't unfortunately.

Well in this hobby you're going to find it pretty frustrating dealing with arcade hardware without a backup testing rig.

I'd grab a cheap supergun before you drive yourself crazy. They can be had for <$100.

Edit: That said, it's probably a power related issue. See about measuring 5v at the JAMMA edge on your PGM board.

Last edited: