Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Devil's Crush - Leader Board

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

oliverclaude - 19,973,600 - TurboGrafx

DevilsAdvocate-Oli.jpg

Ball was set to "Fast". BTW, Number 2 was my first attempt. Then came frustration, followed by a thought-out strategy leading to this final score.

Over Top Auto Mechanic

I feel whenever I do well it's 100% pure luck.
    It's reeeeeal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Splitt442 View Post
    I feel whenever I do well it's 100% pure luck.
    Luck will remain a factor, sure, but not an absolute one. If you are really good, you can cut it down to about 20%. Of course, skillful use of your flippers is key, but having and knowing your primary goals is equally important. Playing just for playing's sake will raise the luck factor up to a generic level, close to the one you described.

For me it's like 40%. To bring luck down to this passable degree, I only played further, if I got the tower-stopper with my first ball. Then I simply played the lowest table till I had the 100 x 9 bonus on the playfield, which alone grants you 10 million upon the final billing. That was the first and most important tactic.

Second was to avoid entering any bonus rooms, because they are very difficult to handle, with luck percentages way above 50%, grant you a poor point gros and eliminate all of your your stoppers in return. Third was to destroy the wooden gate and later the knights that keep blocking the orbit up to the top table. There, I played mostly for the special points.

So much about luck: just get the tower-stopper and scores will follow.

oliverclaude - 46,111,900 - TurboGrafx

NoLuckJustSkill-Oli.jpg

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Damn! Time to get to work!
    It's reeeeeal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Splitt442 View Post
    Damn! Time to get to work!
    Yeah, amateurs like us will have to go the hard way to get the goods.

Dogg-Father

Practiced some over the weekend and made a run tonight...

I think my ball control skills have improved, know where to hit it on the flippers. You can rack up a ton of points just in the bottom and middle boards. I found the key was to get your castle guard then keep making the skulls explode on either side of the flippers to increase your multiplier. There was twice I was maxed out on bonus points with a blue ball and then broke the eggs by the dragon so the skull opens his mouth to get 4X the bonus points. I think if you breaks the eggs enough, you'll get a free ball.
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Blast! What a score!!! Congrats, Neodogg. The best part about the skull is, that you keep your multipliers after the billing. Still, it's hard to hit the mouth. As you said: ball control skills.

Mickey's Coach

I've found that keeping the flippers up, and allowing the ball to roll slowly down the flippers gives way more accuracy. Or, keeping flippers up until the ball loses momentum rolling UP the flippers, then hitting it is WAY more precise than just hitting it soon as it gets to a flipper.
    Anyhoo, way to go Dogg!!!

Unsure if You Asked
    For a custom Rank
    But Hell, why not.

I would love to know how long it takes to get a score that big. Just in terms of sitting in front of the tube. A couple of hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    I would love to know how long it takes to get a score that big. Just in terms of sitting in front of the tube. A couple of hours?
    If you play well around 45 mins to an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillzguy View Post
    I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

Dogg-Father

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    If you play well around 45 mins to an hour.
    This...the key is the bonus points and multipliers and as Olli stated when you get the skull bonus you don't loose your bonus points so you can repeat as much as you can get the skull open...

if you keep hitting the "Devil's Coffins" spiders will jump out. Repeat to increase your multiplier (X2, X3, X4...). When you get enough bonus points break the 6 eggs under the dragons mouth to open up the big skull on the right. If you do it right clear a bonus room with a perfect and your ball turns to blue thus 4X everthing. With a blue ball shoot towards the open skull and your bonus is multiplied by 4. That is the easiest way I've found to get big jumps in score.
    Last edited by Neodogg; 01-23-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Over Top Auto Mechanic

17433FD4-4552-4727-9A4B-45EA0C98DB03.jpeg

27,683,200 - Devils Crash MD score
    Last edited by Splitt442; 01-24-2018 at 05:45 AM.
    It's reeeeeal!!

Dogg-Father

updated boards...

this came in over the weekend. Seems pretty legit, the ball seems to be "heavier". The variations of the bonus rooms are pretty cool. Will post some score soon.

People I've delt with:

Unsure if You Asked
    For a custom Rank
    But Hell, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    Will post some score soon.
    How long is this challenge staying open for? I thought it was just a monthly like the shmups but now that I look I don't see a date.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

Dogg-Father

How long is this challenge staying open for? I thought it was just a monthly like the shmups but now that I look I don't see a date.
    Till the thread locks up, then I'll make a new one. A month isn't long enough for me. I only get to play games really for about 2hrs on the weekend if I'm lucky.
    People I've delt with:

Mickey's Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    Till the thread locks up, then I'll make a new one. A month isn't long enough for me. I only get to play games really for about 2hrs on the weekend if I'm lucky.
    Same. Hard to get in the zone, but that's life.

Thread Information