Devil's Crush - Leader Board

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Tl;dr ahead... understanding a flipper is understanding the bumper. Learning the latter is like learning the fingerboard, unfortunately, not the fretted one of a guitar -- a bumper is more like a fretless neck of a violin. Granted, there are also simple rules for hillbillies, like never ever push both bumpers at the same time, but the rest is an unmarked try-and-error area, since each point of the bumper has a different effect on the ball, when pushed.

You won't need to learn any position, but you'll have to figure out, which are the most important ones. A good exercise is to juggle the ball from one bumper on to another or to release the ball from its extreme points, the farthest and the shortest. Anyway, in Devil's Crush, try to release your first ball in such a way, that it remains in the middle part. If you fall down too early, you can just as well start over. Once you feel safer in the upper parts, try the lowest, where the big points are.

With Devil's Crush in particular...it's like olverclaude says it's all about when you hit the bumpers. Like you'll learn that certain parts of the bumpers always toss the ball a very particular direction. There are spots on the table I can hit almost 90% of the time I try by doing this. The bottom flippers for example, I will hit the ball when it is almost halfway down the bumper and it will go through that middle castle portion that gives you the block in between the bumpers, etc. Such a great game.

Alright. Thanks.