6 button and 3 button games

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member

Awesome, nice lists.

I had no idea there were games that used a mouse. Looking at the list I only really recognized lemmings which I had totally forgot about. I played it a lot on PC as a kid and might search out a mouse controller just to try it. I’m sure the nostalgia will wear off but now I’m curious would anyone recommend any other mouse game? If not I’m guessing I’m better suited just playing the original on a pc and not worry about it. Now off to google some of these titles and see what they are all about.

I think Lemmings still holds up today, it's still fun, difficult and replay-able. Over the Holiday Season I was playing Holiday Lemmings off an Amiga and it was still a great game. I kinda wish there was a Spooky or Halloween Lemmings, I think that would be a great theme for the game.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
You're not a big reader are you?

No, I totally missed your post while replying to Famicommander! Thank you - good to know they're compatible with a USA console (with an adapter).

Where did you order your 3-button controller from BTW?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Ebay. It was practically new. Still had the protective cling plastic on the shiny bit of the face plate. Much better condition than I expected.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I can see why he asked, some German guy has crazy prices on eBay.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Prices have gone up since I posted this thread. I paid way less for my Hori 6 Button and Avenue 3 than any of the current eBay listings.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I can see why he asked, some German guy has crazy prices on eBay.

Someone needs to get out a line of new PCE/Turbo Grafx controllers asap. The prices are lol worthy for these used ones. I payed almost as much for a six button controller as I did for my system.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
How's the Blaster?

I think the third button switch is on the bottom right (run/select).

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Thanks. In doing some more research only the 2-button controller was used in the United States, right? And I need an adapter to use those Avenue 3 or 6 button controllers on my USA Turbo Grafx 16? Are those controllers even compatible with USA TG16 games?

Can't even seem to find the 3 button ones anywhere besides shipped from Japan - and with the sheer number of bunk controllers I've ordered off eBay and had to return, I'm definitely not ordering those from Japan (they're also $40-70 for a 3/6 button Avenue - if anyone has a hookup please PM me!).

Yeah I just got a avenue 3 pad off eBay. I think it was 28 plus shipping. Was pretty clean but button 2 was sticking bad. Contacted seller and he immediately apologized and offered to send me a blaster 3 free of charge. I took the controller home dissembled it and cleaned it up with alcohol. Buttons work great now so I messaged the seller and told him I was able to fix it and keep the blaster. While I had it apart I found the rocker pad rubber contacts were compatible with nes rocker pad controller contacts. I could trim the select start if needed but they are not the correct height so I didn’t try to switch those out. The ones on the button pads were completely different as well but would love to find replacements for them just in case. Sellers name was s8c_collection. He mentioned just messaging him if you looking for anything at all and he could get it.

Neo NooNaN

Quiz Detective
I'd be in on that for a new one, but have a feeling we won't find (19) more.

I just remembered that I have a new one...

20180405_203616.jpg

Doesn't look like it has a way to map select/run though. How was this one used? Was the Avenue the only pad that could do this?

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I think that little switch in the bottom right of the pad is the select/run toggle.

Neo NooNaN

Quiz Detective
I think that little switch in the bottom right of the pad is the select/run toggle.

Didn't even see that! Thanks! Reason to open it now.

EDIT - opened it...the switch has (3) positions. Will have to test it out and see. Super small controller though.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Didn't even see that! Thanks! Reason to open it now.

EDIT - opened it...the switch has (3) positions. Will have to test it out and see. Super small controller though.

The positions should be for off, button I mapping, and button II mapping.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
here to say "four bright buttons and two joysticks"