Shoryuken To Close At End Of Month. N-G Lives On.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Probably a great guy in real life. Online he’s agressive and obnoxious.

He seem completely different over SRK though. I wonder if its just the environment or the he got more Seroquel.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I used to go there for info on fighting sticks and mod info on sticks. It's how I heard about madcatz having good sticks. But that kind of information and people doing stick mods are here now.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Sad to see an old forum go. I only was redirected there from Google when I was looking up fighting sticks and modding info. 10-15 times throughout a decade maybe.

On another note, I believe forums are veeery slowly starting to gain some momentum. They are certainly not in the state they were pre-social media crap, but I've also noticed a decline in Facebook activity in general. I do marketing for a living and organically there seems to be less and less activity. Also groups have basically no archiving system in place, it's a mess. A forum is much better organised in general but the problem is the new generation would probably find it too bothersome or complicated.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The forums at SRK have been dead for years now. The one thing NG has always had over SRK is the attitude of the people involved.

SRK has always been toxic with people shitting on other people because they want to act all superior. NG on the other hand shits on you for the fun of it. Hardly ever to make it personal.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Looks like SRK will live on...

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Looks like SRK will live on...

For now.

It really doesn't solve the issue of people flooding game knowledge to discord/twitter instead of wikis/forums.. Trying to find said information years down the road is going to be a blast!

This really isn't exclusive to fighting but even tech knowledge and other shit. People just can't think 2 steps ahead at the repercussions of social media.

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I have not been there in a few years but the site, in it's old style, was always a great place for info on the obscure fighting games.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
I wonder if it's related to the tournament scene becoming a snorefest. SFV is incredibly boring to watch and the western developed fighting games aren't even worth commenting on. SF4 for all its faults did make for compelling viewing in EVO and the like.

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I wonder if it's related to the tournament scene becoming a snorefest. SFV is incredibly boring to watch and the western developed fighting games aren't even worth commenting on. SF4 for all its faults did make for compelling viewing in EVO and the like.

At least SF4 released as a complete game from launch.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I heard they aren't archiving any content either. Once it's done, it's done. Kind of unfortunate, there was a lot of info there.

Photobucket removing image linking kind of rendered a bunch of their old how-to guides useless (like the Cthulhu wiring cable wiring guide, if I recall). It would be a shame to see them go totally away, but if there was a chance of it happening...it probably could happen again.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
so what happened? they decided not to close shop?

Knowing how $rk has operated after the 09 invasion, i wouldn't be surprise if this was just a ploy to add paid subscription to the forums again.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Knowing how $rk has operated after the 09 invasion, i wouldn't be surprise if this was just a ploy to add paid subscription to the forums again.

Yup. That was my thought when I heard they weren't going down.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Cynical... very cynical...

xROTx

PS. God Bless Shawn....

funkified

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Wait, there’s another forum outside of NG.com that exists to talk about video games? :keke: