Shoryuken To Close At End Of Month. N-G Lives On.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It probably has less to do with SRK themselves and more the fact that the FGC in general is highly toxic and alienating. That combined with the fact that the last two major Capcom fighters have been huge misses isn't helping things. There are tons of people who still love fighting games but want nothing to do with the stupid "pro" bullshit or the antics of the autists in the community. And with no Capcom fighters worth a damn to draw them into the forum, RIP. There are other fighters of course, but the forum has always been centered around Capcom games.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
The FGC is full of manchildren like DSP, no wonder it's so fucking shit.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I really hope it all goes to hell when it comes to fighting games, so that developers have to rethink their strategies. There's a reason why people are still playing old games, and the new ones can not match their popularity. Damn season passes and paid arenas, palette swaps and what have you. Modern fighting games deserve to burn for these reasons, and they can take the communities with them.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
The best thing about that site was the wiki

We should create something like that here with tech and strats for the neo games.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member

We should create something like that here with tech and strats for the neo games.

The wiki will still be there. It's just the forums (which are hosted on another server) that are disappearing.

Mentioned it on another thread but the SRK forums have been irrelevant for over a decade. The things it was good for (building local communities, announcing and promoting tournaments and Tech Talk) have mostly been replaced by social media. I'll miss the blow ups and the theory fighter shenanigans but the people that made that place fun and interesting have been gone since the mid-2000s.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

Yeah. We could have a wiki, reviews, a flash arcade, an up to date price guide... wait...

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
I really hope it all goes to hell when it comes to fighting games, so that developers have to rethink their strategies. There's a reason why people are still playing old games, and the new ones can not match their popularity. Damn season passes and paid arenas, palette swaps and what have you. Modern fighting games deserve to burn for these reasons, and they can take the communities with them.

+at least 9000

100proof

10 Year Member
The FGC is full of manchildren like DSP, no wonder it's so fucking shit.

DSP was laughed out of the FGC like 15 years ago. He was a joke on SRK long before he was a joke on Twitch. For largely the same reasons.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
SRK GD was never the same after 2009...It became $RK & catered to all the noobs wanting to play sfiv. Was regular there & i still post. Makes me wonder why they didn't even offer the community to at least try to save it.

Made a lot of friends & was able to start my own FGC in my area. SRKGD was great for the drama pre09, lots of flaming & funny threads to shit talk... SRK Tech had all the info you needed to mod/build sticks....The SRK FGD each game had their own sub forums to discuss strats & get games. It truly was the place to be if you're into capcom fighters.

Just recently i saw emotionalgrave post there...I got a feeling he will be coming back here soon from his "vacation".

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
DSP was laughed out of the FGC like 15 years ago. He was a joke on SRK long before he was a joke on Twitch. For largely the same reasons.

But he still mentions how he got fourth place at EVO at the broken Playstation port of Super Turbo every once in a while. :lolz:

100proof

10 Year Member
But he still mentions how he got fourth place at EVO at the broken Playstation port of Super Turbo every once in a while. :lolz:

Of course he does. Does he mention the time he got handled in a money match and tried to duck paying the winner and then ended up outside crying because people were threatening to beat his ass?

Mmm... probably not.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
never went there my self, but it's never good to see a like minded website closing its doors. was a little bummed out when i heard arcade gear was closing its doors to.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Of course he does. Does he mention the time he got handled in a money match and tried to duck paying the winner and then ended up outside crying because people were threatening to beat his ass?

Mmm... probably not.

He didn't, but other people did.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Our very own electricgrave...He seems different maybe new meds.

Chris.... is my friend... I like him a lot...

But sometimes... he is fuckin' hard work...

xROTx

PS. He knows where I am.... and how to get in contact....

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Haven't really thought about social media replacing forums, but I do see many more groups forming all the time.

Certain forums are doing it to themselves with the amount of ads and useless features they keep adding. i don't think i could ever go to a car forum again without several layers of adblocking.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I think this place will survive because we’re all masochists.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Chris.... is my friend... I like him a lot...

But sometimes... he is fuckin' hard work...

xROTx

PS. He knows where I am.... and how to get in contact....

Probably a great guy in real life. Online he’s agressive and obnoxious.