Shoryuken To Close At End Of Month. N-G Lives On.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
They don't rep an arcade home console.
BB

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I told them Marvel vs Capcom 3 sucked but they wouldn't believe me.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I heard they aren't archiving any content either. Once it's done, it's done. Kind of unfortunate, there was a lot of info there.

I guess people would rather post their pickups and ask the same stupid questions on Facebook instead.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It's a shame really...

Not that I'm saying I ever went there but it shows that forums are under pressure from social media sites...

Unsure how NG.com has managed to maintain a healthy footfall tbh... as other forums I occasionally visit seem to be having slow down issues...

Meh... I envisage a day when there will only be a handful of such gaming forums around... and memberbases get melded like some weird Vulcan ritual...

xROTx

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Unsure how NG.com has managed to maintain a healthy footfall tbh... as other forums I occasionally visit seem to be having slow down issues...

God bless Shawn.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
God bless Shawn.

You're still not mad about the merging thingy are ya'?

...Man... that rollback was awesome... My ass still hurts from being slapped that hard I think the palm prints are perma embedded:keke:

xROTx

PS. Back on topic... I am trying my best here to maintain our footfall as best we can... hence, some less pain in the ass mods maybe considered in the long run...

.../looks in mirror....

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
There must be something about this place, I mean hell I can't stay away from it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You're still not mad about the merging thingy are ya'?

...Man... that rollback was awesome... My ass still hurts from being slapped that hard I think the palm prints are perma embedded:keke:

xROTx

PS. Back on topic... I am trying my best here to maintain our footfall as best we can... hence, some less pain in the ass mods maybe considered in the long run...

.../looks in mirror....

Nah we're good duder. I mean God bless Shawn as in thanking him for paying the bills for running this forum. It's really kind of him to do so even though he doesn't post here.

CIB

n00b
This is really sad...
As said, many forums are getting almost no activity because of social media which kind of sucks as the information on social media disappears as fast as it is posted whereas it's easily searchable for on forums (I know I almost never post here ^^ but it's more because I have not much interesting stuff to say about neo geo, but the forum is a huge source of knowledge for me)
I hope people will realise how forums are superior to all the social media crap before they all disappear :(

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Tech talk was cool but the rest of that forum was trash...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, I joined there a long time ago just to find someone who would sell me a nice custom arcade stick. Never really cared much for it.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member

Don't forget it had a lot of information on advanced techniques/combos for obscure and retro fighting games that was almost impossible to find elsewhere.

but yeah other than that and what you pointed out it was pretty eh.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I joined SRK 18 years ago after Gouki’s Page of Whatever shut down.
I spent a lot of time on those forums at first, but I haven’t been there much at all in the past 5-6 years, mostly because I’m not into the competitive aspect of fighters anymore.

Still, it sucks to see a pillar like SRK go down. As someone said, it’s a huge trove of knowledge for just about any fighting game you can imagine, and the tech forums have lots of info & tutorials on stick building/modding. It will suck big time if they don’t do a backup before killing it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Could it be that the competitive fighting game scene is starting to die off. I don't follow it much anymore but it seems to me that the last Fighting game that sparked things up in the competitive scene was Street Fighter IV. I'm not sure, just asking.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Capcom is certainly doing their best to kill the scene.

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
I feel sad reading any news about an old forum goin' to close. Is like when a favourite artist from your childhood passes away.
Melancholic feelings grow up inside me.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
It is bad so many forums are dying out. I expect many others will fall the same way in the next few years. Such a shame too as so much useful information is lost.

Maybe it is just me, but I’ve noticed people posting things on the internet is way down compared to what it used to be across the board. Even social media like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram seem way down. I dunno, maybe everyone my age is so busy working and with their families they don’t have time anymore, but I’ve noticed a downswing.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,

The few times I went to SRK was when I searched for info on sticks or parts. I checked out game talk, but found it to be mostly garbage. Anyway, they don't seem to be doing too good in general. They have little to no comments under their news posts, just under 10K subs on YouTube, with weak numbers in recent videos ... I'm actually surprised they get such low numbers after being around for as long as they have. If the community is there, they could always do an annual donation drive to cover the costs. Then again, if VFDC can have forums, so should SRK. I guess people doing the work behind scenes don't see the point.