Thread: Squeaking Black Sanwa OBSF Buttons

Soccer Brawl

Question Squeaking Black Sanwa OBSF Buttons

Alright, so I ordered in new Sanwa buttons for Christmas to replace the stock ones in my fightstick but most of them are pretty squeaky (Here's a video for reference on exactly how squeaky they are. I chose those four buttons in particular because they are the primary offenders. The squeak occurs when pressed on the lower half of the buttons in the wrong way or when alternating presses between two different ones regardless of where they are pressed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vB7...ature=youtu.be). I have already contacted Focus Attack and they have given me the option of either a refund or a new shipment of buttons, but I'm still not sure if this is either a common issue or it's something that will work itself out over time. I wanted to ask you guys before I made the decision to have more buttons shipped in because I don't want to rip them off if there was no real problem all along. Can anyone tell me if this kind of squeaking will go away with more use? I have only had them for about week and a half, but I really do use this fightstick a lot so the buttons aren't exactly brand new.

Were those hard to push in at all? sounds like the outer part may have gotten squished and is a tad bit smaller than the plunger or have been slightly made oblong.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Soccer Brawl

Whenever they squeak I feel a bit of resistance along with it. I would like to specify that they don't always squeak with every press, just about half of them, give or take some presses. Now that I think of it, they may have been warped in the heat when they got to Arizona. Not sure when or how that may have happened, but it's a possibility I guess. That may also help to explain why all of them have problems with squeaking instead of just one bad apple that I was unlucky enough to get. I also forgot to mention this: there are scrapes on the sides of the buttons where you can feel the squeaks are coming from. Here are some pictures of what I mean20171229_225041.jpg 20171229_225213.jpg
    Last edited by CandyIsDandy; 01-05-2018 at 09:30 PM.

I get scuffs as well, but it's just from normal use.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Soccer Brawl

One last question, is any amount of squeaking whatsoever normal? I know that as of right now if I were to get more and there is some noise I'll think there is something wrong with it.
    Last edited by CandyIsDandy; 01-05-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Give an Azn
    A Break Here!

Quote Originally Posted by CandyIsDandy View Post
    One last question, is any amount of squeaking whatsoever normal? I know that as of right now if I were to get more and there is some noise I'll think there is something wrong with it.
    Probably unrelated , but there is some shitty knock off sanwa buttons. Where did you buy yours? Probably unlikely that original buttons would melt in a package, they are made out of pretty tough plastic.
    Too answer your question though I have had dozens and dozens of sanwa buttons and never heard any squeaking, just clicking of course until I got silent pads for some of them.

Soccer Brawl

Quote Originally Posted by Westcb View Post
    Probably unrelated , but there is some shitty knock off sanwa buttons. Where did you buy yours? Probably unlikely that original buttons would melt in a package, they are made out of pretty tough plastic.
    Too answer your question though I have had dozens and dozens of sanwa buttons and never heard any squeaking, just clicking of course until I got silent pads for some of them.
    Thank you, that's a lot of help to know that this definitely is a bad batch and I'm not just crazy. I bought mine from https://www.focusattack.com/. They seem to be a reputable website. Also, I don't know for sure that they melted, it's just a theory of mine since I live in Arizona. I doubt that I would get another bad set of buttons if I decided to have them send replacements instead of getting a refund and buying them elsewhere... right? I mean, I know that some people on these forums buy from them.

Give an Azn
    A Break Here!

Quote Originally Posted by CandyIsDandy View Post
    Thank you, that's a lot of help to know that this definitely is a bad batch and I'm not just crazy. I bought mine from https://www.focusattack.com/. They seem to be a reputable website. Also, I don't know for sure that they melted, it's just a theory of mine since I live in Arizona. I doubt that I would get another bad set of buttons if I decided to have them send replacements instead of getting a refund and buying them elsewhere... right? I mean, I know that some people on these forums buy from them.
    I have purchased from several different sites and yeah they are reputable. Iím sure they will help you out if they agree the buttons are defective.

Soccer Brawl

Thanks guys, they're sending out new buttons so fingers crossed that these new ones aren't crap lol

Soccer Brawl

So I got my buttons yesterday and thought there were no problems, but I really started to use the stick today and I noticed that two of them are still squeaking... I guess it's not too big of a deal since I can replace those with the two that worked well from the last batch. I guess I'm just unlucky and very picky. Still not quite sure how this happened, but it'll be fine. Thanks for the help guys.
    Last edited by CandyIsDandy; 01-16-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Sieger's Squire

Weird, I have had hundreds of these buttons and never known one sqeek, just bought a fight stick with 8 grey, black buttons and not a squeaker among them.
    Fight war not wars.

Armored Scrum Object

Yeah message focus attack about it they are good people, probably just a bad batch, maybe the molds were off a bit so they rub more

Kula's Candy

warlock/brightwarrior class heavy destroyer upgrade, E.A.S. Styx.

Exclamation

had this issue in reverse.
    squeaks over time, dreamcast joystick.
    as kid mentioned, scuffs are normal.
    got some lithium grease on the buttons at the points where they contact the tubes. (at the lower interior.)
    not squeaked since two years ago.
    is due a check and redo soon, likely have dust buildup in the gaps.
    that's the downside of grease, shit magnet unless in a perfectly sealed area free from the outside air.

can't account for the buttons op got being new.
    possibly down to the mouldings at the factory?
    [edit]
    shit!

Neo*Geomancer

I have a few buttons from my latest order that squeek. I had a few in my last order as well. The squeek goes away over time as you play on them.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Same thing happened to me. I bought 12 buttons last Nov, and around December they started to squeak. Around Jan. of this year, and several Metal Slug sessions, the squeaking is gone.

Lazy SNK Employee

I have some Sanwa buttons that were a tad squeaky.

A couple drops of TriFlow made them smooth and quiet as can be.
    Last edited by TobyPC; 04-17-2018 at 02:33 AM.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

I wonder if they've always squeaked but y'know in arcades full of noise who's to know?

!!

Thread Information