Savage Reign MVS repair

Monolith

Pleasure Goal
A friend has a Savage Reign that has a bad ProgTOP pcb. Basically a lot of the cart pins are badly eaten away. Its at that point that trying to salvage the pins by trying to sand then rebuild them back up with solder or something is not going to happen.

Question is, would the maskroms transfer over ok to a spare ProgBK1 from a NeoCup 98 successfully? If so, does anyone know what the correct jumper settings would be? I know I could always yank another Top from like a WH 2 or something to fix this game, but that wouldn't be cost effective for him, and he does have a spare NeoCup laying around...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Has he tried Dexoit or Brasso on the pins yet? I'd rather not kill a Neo Cup 98 for a game to be honest.

Monolith

Pleasure Goal
Yeah he already tried Deoxit. After doing that is when he said he saw the extent of the damage, because most of what used to be the pins on a few points simply came off in sections. I have not seen the damage myself, but I'll take his word for it. He said it looked like coke was spilled on the cart at one point and whoever cleaned the cart up only cleaned off the exterior. My understanding is his Neocup 98 is already parted out. All he has left is the BK1 from it. it was in a bin of parts he had bought and he already had someone else use the 512Y to repair a Blazing Star.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
It will transfer over fine.
On the PROGBK1 the settings should be:
JV5, JV4,JV1,JV9,JB3,J13,JV9,JV8,JV7
BB