New member from France

snk06

n00b
Hi everyone, I'm 40 and I live in the South of France. At the beggining of the 90's, I remember many magazines talked about the black goddess, I was only able to buy a Megadrive. There was a huge gap between the two consoles :D
I eventually bought an AES one year ago and I'm so proud and happy to own it. I prefer US version games and i have around a dozen of them.
I came here at first to buy a NeoSaveMasta ! But this forum seems cool and really instructive, I'm happy to be a member.
By the way, I wish you an happy new year :multi_co:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Thank you for the New Year salutations and congratulation on your purchase!

Your Mega Drive and Neo-Geo comparison is interesting, but in my opinion a gap is a two-way street and there's more than one between those consoles. The MD is inferior, sure, but on the other hand, the variety of games its library has, lets the Neo bite the dust instantly.

An arcade machine won't have action-adventures (Landstalker, Story of Thor, Light Crusader etc.), no RPGs (Phantasy Star), no strategy (Herzog Zwei). It's tougher to pay for a license (think of all the Disney games you'd miss), you can't have as many ports of other arcade games, as you have on a commercial console. And does the Neo have a brawler like Streets of Rage including a masterful Yuzo Koshiro OST? You know the answer...

So, if there's an audio-visual gap between the MD and the Neo, then there's undoubtful another gap between their libraries and don't forget that the former gap was not as much between both consoles, but between the carts. All those expensive custom work wasn't just for show, although Neo carts really look awesome ;).

That said, welcome!!!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I want to know more about this 'black goddess' you speak of.

As a rite of passage here you must appease our Lord Rot and in this case I think you have a good chance to pass the 1st test if you can elaborate on that first part about the black goddess.

snk06

n00b
Thank you for the New Year salutations and congratulation on your purchase!

Your Mega Drive and Neo-Geo comparison is interesting, but in my opinion a gap is a two-way street and there's more than one between those consoles. The MD is inferior, sure, but on the other hand, the variety of games its library has, lets the Neo bite the dust instantly.

An arcade machine won't have action-adventures (Landstalker, Story of Thor, Light Crusader etc.), no RPGs (Phantasy Star), no strategy (Herzog Zwei). It's tougher to pay for a license (think of all the Disney games you'd miss), you can't have as many ports of other arcade games, as you have on a commercial console. And does the Neo have a brawler like Streets of Rage including a masterful Yuzo Koshiro OST? You know the answer...

So, if there's an audio-visual gap between the MD and the Neo, then there's undoubtful another gap between their libraries and don't forget that the former gap was not as much between both consoles, but between the carts. All those expensive custom work wasn't just for show, although Neo carts really look awesome ;).

That said, welcome!!!

Your point of view is right too. the crazy thing during that period of time was the "bring the arcade to your home " thing, when I started playing arcade machines I had a Sega Master System. I was about 10, it was so impressive for a children who owned an SMS ! When I heard about SNK Neo Geo AES development I turned mad ... and soon after I saw the price :very_ang:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Welcome... to the forum...

xROTx

PS. On a side note.. we just had a large influx of members wishing to register on the forums today alone... out of 10 accounts... 7 were from France...

EDIT. Meh... I am TRYING to keep the Xenophobia to a minimum... as we're an international forum...

EXTRA EDIT. Now back to baby sitting... Thursday is currently my "Must change nappies and entertain the Grand kiddies day..."...

snk06

n00b
I want to know more about this 'black goddess' you speak of.

As a rite of passage here you must appease our Lord Rot and in this case I think you have a good chance to pass the 1st test if you can elaborate on that first part about the black goddess.

The black goddess expression speaks by itself : beauty, power and upsetting ( graphics and game size ).

snk06

n00b
Welcome... to the forum...

xROTx

PS. On a side note.. we just had a large influx of members wishing to register on the forums today alone... out of 10 accounts... 7 were from France...

EDIT. Meh... I am TRYING to keep the Xenophobia to a minimum... as we're an international forum...

EXTRA EDIT. Now back to baby sitting... Thursday is currently my "Must change nappies and entertain the Grand kiddies day..."...

Hi Rot, we talked about Neo-Geo.com on our french Forum called Neo Geo System, planning on buying a NeoSaveMasta. I think that's why you received so many French new member requests.
I wish you good luck for Baby Sitting :)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi Rot, we talked about Neo-Geo.com on our french Forum called Neo Geo System, planning on buying a NeoSaveMasta. I think that's why you received so many French new member requests.
I wish you good luck for Baby Sitting :)

Just tell them not to register behind a firewall that hides the IP....

I'll delete any account with an IP I can't trace... that's FYI..

xROTx

PS. Have fun on the forums...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The black goddess expression speaks by itself : beauty, power and upsetting ( graphics and game size ).

We'll just leave it at lost in translation then, anyway welcome.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
A wild frogot appears! Bienvenue parmis nous! :D