Ninja Gaiden (1CC)

NES:

Heavy Barrel (1CC)

SNES/ SFC:

Sengoku Densho SFC (1CC)
Majyuuou SFC (1LC)

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
What I can remember at the moment, I'm sure there's other some retro stuff missing on here.

SNES classic mini:

Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Castlevania IV

Switch:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (golds on all cups, if that counts)

Xbox:

Resident Evil 7
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Diablo III
Assassin's Creed Origins (amazing game, and I haven't liked any of the previous games that much)

3DS:

Metroid Samus Returns
Dragon Quest VII

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Dragon Quest VII

How was VII? Was it too dragged out? I picked it up to support the fact they finally released it, but I'm hesitant to actually jump into it.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
It's definitely about 10 hours too long and drags near the end, but I think that's mitigated by the way the story is structured. While there's an overarching plot, much of the story is episodic so you can play it in chunks without being too lost next time you pick the game up. I basically played the game while I watched football over the course of a season, so I didn't try to marathon through it or anything.

That said, it's one of my favorite 3DS games and the pros outweigh the cons. The art and enemy design is incredibly charming, and the enemies in particular have really great animations. The music is also excellent--particularly the battle theme--which is good since you'll be hearing it a lot. The overarching story is pretty standard, but the stories for each individual area can be quite interesting. Some are tragic, some are funny, some have neat twists...The battle system is very straightforward, which can be good or bad depending on what you want out of an RPG. The one knock I have against the battle system is that it took too long for the game to open up the class system (about 20 hours before you can pick classes for characters).

fake

15 Year Member
It's definitely about 10 hours too long and drags near the end, but I think that's mitigated by the way the story is structured. While there's an overarching plot, much of the story is episodic so you can play it in chunks without being too lost next time you pick the game up. I basically played the game while I watched football over the course of a season, so I didn't try to marathon through it or anything.

That said, it's one of my favorite 3DS games and the pros outweigh the cons. The art and enemy design is incredibly charming, and the enemies in particular have really great animations. The music is also excellent--particularly the battle theme--which is good since you'll be hearing it a lot. The overarching story is pretty standard, but the stories for each individual area can be quite interesting. Some are tragic, some are funny, some have neat twists...The battle system is very straightforward, which can be good or bad depending on what you want out of an RPG. The one knock I have against the battle system is that it took too long for the game to open up the class system (about 20 hours before you can pick classes for characters).

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
From what I heard, the 3DS remake is more streamlined and contains less fillers than the PS1 version.

fake

15 Year Member
From what I heard, the 3DS remake is more streamlined and contains less fillers than the PS1 version.

Yeah, I actually sold my PS1 copy and got enough to buy the remake :lolz:. The PS1 version seemed so painful.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I never played the original, but I guess they shortened up the beginning of the game a bit. I think it used to take about 4 hours or so before your first battle, but now it only takes 1 hour (which is still kinda crazy). There's definitely stuff throughout the game, however, where I wish they would've tightened the game up--like one part where you have to go up and down a mountain several times. The biggest time saving is probably the fact there isn't really any loading into battles like there was in the psx days, and all enemies appear on the field (no random battles) so you can dodge fights if you're in a hurry.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

...good God! I haven't played much all year last year.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Haha. I need to play the PSP and wonderswan iteration too. And the Master System one with it's shops and upgrades

PSP is great and I played the Master System version, too. Once you accept the bizarre technical shortcomings (I put it extremely mildly), it's an interesting experience. All in all, I find the SuperGrafx version to be the least enjoyable, because it tries too hard to be a carbon copy but ultimately fails, resulting in a larger disappointment then other ports.