Games Beaten in 2017

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'd like to see what everyone is playing this past year. "Bearen" can mean basically completing a game slain campaign or 1CC an arcade game, it's really up to you. I have my stuff backed up on backloggary, which is the only way I would remember I beat these games for the first time or not. This year was nearly portables for me.

Metal Slug 1st Mission (NGPC)
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Apollo Justice Ace Attorney (DS)
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (DS)
Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX (GBA)
Super Mario Land (GB)
Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS)
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia (DS)
Metal Slug 4 (Neo via Mame)
Blazing Star (Neo via Mame)
Okamiden (DS)
Metroid Samus Returns (3DS)
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS)
Golden Sun Dark Dawn (DS)

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
A King's Tale: FFXV (XB1)
Agents of Mayhem (PS4)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
Assassin's Creed: Origins (XB1)
Attack on Titan (PS4)
Bayonetta (XB360)
Ben 10 (PS4)
Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back (PS4)
Call of Duty: WWII (XB1)
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (PS4)
Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
For Honor (PS4)
FORZA Horizon 3 (XB1)
Just Cause 3 (PS4)
Knee Deep (PS4)
Life is Strange: Before the Storm (XB1)
Madden 18 (Longshot, PS4)
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (story mode, PS4 and XB1 both)
Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4)
Middle Earth: Shadow of War (PS4)
Nex Machina (PS4)
Nier Automata (PS4)
Persona 5 (PS4)
Resogun (PS4)
Sine Mora EX (PS4)
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 (PS4)
Sonic Forces (XB1)
Super Lucky's Tale (XB1)
Star Wars Battlefront II (XB1)
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Tekken 7 (story mode, PS4 and XB1 both)
The Evil Within 2 (PS4)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Watch Dogs 2

Way more than I would have thought.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
doom 2016
halo 5
fallout 4
resident evil 7

order of ecclesia
portrait of ruin

this is all i can think of that i played all the way through and beat in 2017.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Hmm, crazy year for me.
Only games I can specifically remember finishing were Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I had a goal to beat 50 games this year, as my wife was away at school, and i figured I would have more time. But just wasn't feeling to motivated this year that much. But heres what i completed.

Cave Story
Wild Guns Reloaded
Comix Zone
Nioh
Valis 2
Cursed Castilla
Castlevania 3 (Sypha)
Ys IV
Raiden V
Battle Garegga (1cc non rank mode)
cuphead
Batsugun Special (1cc 1 all)
Super Mario Odyssey
deathsmiles (1cc Rosa)

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Earthbound
Fallout 3 and new vegas (on novice, cause i suck)
Forza horizon 3
Forza 6 (above average, at)

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Arcade (all 1cc)
Progear
Gekirindan
Dodonpachi
Sky Shark
19xx

NES
Gun Nac (1cc)

That list seems small but probably about right. I hardly played any console stuff this year, mostly just arcade shmups. Hope to do at least that or more this year.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
All of these are 1cc

ARCADE

Sengoku Blade 1-All [SAT]
Sonic Wings 2 1-All [AES]
Sonic Wings 3 1-All [AES]
Shienryu 1-All [SAT]
Alien Vs. Predator [PCB]

SNES

Knights of the Round
Psycho Dream
The King of Dragons
Mega Man 7
Musya : The Classic Japanese Tale of Horror (one life clear)
Earth Defense Force

NES

Daiku no Gensan 1-All
Double Dragon
Jackal 1-All

GEN

Golden Axe II

PC-E

Final Soldier

I might be forgetting something

Last edited:

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
PS3:

Binary Domain
Dark Souls
Nier
Odin Sphere
Vanquish

X360:

Doom 3

Wii U:

LoZ: BotW

PS4:

Berserk
Dark Souls 3
Resident Evil 4,5, and 7

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
PS4
Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6
Resident Evil revelations 1 & 2

That's it..............:(

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Hmm, crazy year for me.
Only games I can specifically remember finishing were Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey.

Same here. There are probably more, but the only ones I remember distinctly are RE7 and Sonic Mania. And those weren't complete either; I haven't gone back to Sonic Mania to beat it with Knuckles or Tails and I haven't gone back to RE7 to get the other ending or play the not a hero expansion.

RE7 was challenging for me, but very fun.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Same here. There are probably more, but the only ones I remember distinctly are RE7 and Sonic Mania. And those weren't complete either; I haven't gone back to Sonic Mania to beat it with Knuckles or Tails and I haven't gone back to RE7 to get the other ending or play the not a hero expansion.

RE7 was challenging for me, but very fun.

I JUST started RE7, didn't get very far, and like many other games recently, got distracted by real world issues. It's quite possible '18 is gonna be a repeat for me...

Oh shit, I forgot about Fire Emblem Awakening. So good.

Last edited:

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
* = 1cc

Gradius (PCE)*
Gradius II (FC)*
SSF2T (CPS2 USA) (Blanka)
Dracula II (FDS) (medium ending)
Metal Storm (FC)
Gimmick! (FC)* (my first "public" 1cc, at NG meetup)

Ip Man

15 Year Member
PS4
Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6
Resident Evil revelations 1 & 2

That's it..............:(

that's a lot of resident evil. sometimes i do a castlevania marathon where i play one castlevania after another.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Defenders of the Crown (NES)
Ultra Street fighter 2 (Switch)
Sport Shooting USA (atomiswave)
Fighting Layers (mame)
Madden 18

I dont recall any other games i beat. Didn't really play much the past few years.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Man the years really bleed together on some of this stuff but...

SNES:
SUPER METROID
SUPER PUNCHOUT

WII:
PUNCHOUT
DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS

GENESIS:
MONSTER WORLD 4
CASTLEVANIA BLOODLINES

SATURN:
POLICENAUTS
SHINING FORCE 3 SCENARIO 1

PS1:
SPYRO 2
APE ESCAPE
VALKYRIE PROFILE
SHIN GOEMON
GOEMON 3D

PS2:
MEGAMAN X8
SHADOW HEARTS COVENANT

PC:
DOOM 2
RESIDENT EVIL 7
BAYONETTA
THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 3

DAMN I finished a lot of games this year. Some of these are games started a while ago and simply finishing this year but still. Also pretty sure im missing a few. Also didnt list stuff that ive beaten tons of times like OG RE1, REmake RE2, RE3, and RE4 which collectively i usually beat several times a year and arcade games which are short and easy to finish.....although i would definitely post a finished arcade game if I 1cc it which I have never done.

Last edited:

Ip Man

15 Year Member
DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS

:buttrock:

what did you think of Valkyrie profile?. it's one of my favourite rpg's on the system. the game looks amazing even today and the gameplay was great. but i never beat it even though i played it many times.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I got into a bad habit of waking up late and working late, so I didn't get to play too many games in 2017. Then again, the two RPGs on my list took a long time.

Poochy & Yoshi's Wooly World (All flowers and yarn)
BoxBoy
Silent Hill
Parappa The Rapper
NiGHTS HD
Dragon Quest VI
Demon's Soul
Forza Horizon
Halo Colon Reach

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I finished the new Hitman game on PC but apart from that I got about 20% into Yakuza 0 and quit because its just a bullshit time sink of a game. All I bloody play is PUBG and BF1 at this point, quick easy games that require zero long term commitment.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Xbox 360

Burnout Revenge
Burnout Paradise
Driver: San Francisco

PCE+CD

Galaga '88 (1cc)
Gunhed (1cc)
W-Ring (1st loop/1cc)
Spriggan (1cc)
Terra Forming (1cc)
Lords of Thunder (1cc)

Mega Drive

Aero Blasters (1cc)

Neo Geo

Neo Turf Masters another couple of times on 1 credit

Saturn

Oshaberi Parodius (1cc)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Zelda: Spirits Track (DS): more of the same of Phantom Hourglass (which I enjoyed more).

FFXV: great game minus the story. Always hated the playable party prior to play, but by the end of the game, I was mostly content with them. If you enjoyed Witcher 3, don't miss out on it, but wait until they iron out the story, which is currently not a bad one but feels to have major missing parts. Also, make sure to watch Kingsglaiv prior to playing the game.

Hyper Light Drifter: better than I expected. Short game with excellent presentation throughout the game.

New Super Mario Bross (Wii): hated the fact that it's only playable by the wiimote, but otherwise very close to be as good as SMB3 / SMW.

The Last Guardian: very frustrating gameplay (shitty controls, annoying camera sometimes, and getting the beast to heed your commands may randomly take forever). Ico had puzzles, SotC had an open world and epic fights, TLG consists of only platforming and clearing the path for the beast. The only things to enjoy in the game (for me at least) were some visual designs (especially how the beast is animated, the structures you traverse, and few scripted parts similar to Uncharted) and game's lore that is explained in mere 2 cutscenes in the last parts of the game, leaving potential links that may or may not tie to the previous 2 games for your interpretation.

Axiom Verge: great game design and perfect pacing makes this one of the best Metroidvania's I've played. Must-play if you are a fan of the genre.

Guacamelee: Another must-play metroidvania / open-world platformer. Lots of fun to be had with platforming and exploration.

Other games:

Yakuza 0
Shantae: Genie's Curse
Tales of Berseria
New Strider (had game design issues and indoor maps were underwhelming, otherwise had potential to be much better)
Odin Sphere
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us
Grand Kingdom
Rise of the Tomb Raider
I'm Setsuna
Until Dawn

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
:buttrock:

what did you think of Valkyrie profile?. it's one of my favourite rpg's on the system. the game looks amazing even today and the gameplay was great. but i never beat it even though i played it many times.

I LOVED it. It was one of those games started and had to quit many times since it came out so finally finishing it was satisfying. Its funny... I and all my friends had a copy of this game on PS1....but for some reason, every damn one of them would let you get to certain points and would just freeze. I was so engrossed in the story I even tried swapping around discs just to get through but just couldnt play like that.

I even had the PSP version but couldnt stick to it since i really wanted to play on bigger screen. Finally said fuck it and burned copy

My opinion on the game? Its fun. The story is really engaging and interesting. The battle system is exciting. The characters are interesting and they are part of the reason i would like to play the game again just to give the other characters a proper shot.

The only knock i'd give the game is that you have to follow a guide to get the most of the game. Luckily its not so rigid that you cant just play the way you want for the most part. As long as you follow certain rules and you keep an eye on those special god levels, Odin's requests and the phase counter. Feels like once you have a grasp on what the game wants its not too bad

Shit! talking about it makes me want to play it again lol Maybe in a few years after i finish VP2 and knock out a few more RPGs i always wanted to play first.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Erm.. if where to say I beat 10 games (not including fighters) in my whole life, I'd be exaggerating.
None