What should I get on MVS?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I like to underline that. NTM instantly gives you absolute control over your shots and the camera always lets you stay on top of things, while in TPG you don't really know how your shot ends up to be -- it's not anywhere near pick-up and play.

You do know there's multiple camera options in TPG, right? It's not that hard to get the ball where you want it.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You do know there's multiple camera options in TPG, right? It's not that hard to get the ball where you want it.

Yeah, you just can't knock TPG.I enjoy it just as much as NTM. ANother title I've enjoyed recently is Ninja Commando.It really holds up well.
BB

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
KOF 98
Neo Turf Masters
Puzzle Bobble
Last Blade 2
Shock Troopers
Sengoku 3
Street Hoop
Breakers Revenge
Ultimate 11 - Super Sidekicks 4
Metal Slug
Samurai Shodown 2

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
You do know there's multiple camera options in TPG, right?

Of course, but you see, that is what I meant with nowhere near pick-up and play. Instead of making it simple but effective, TPG makes it complicated, thus confusing. There is charm in that cart, but with such a demanding and ingenious competitor like NTM on the same system, there's no real necessity to uncover it, except for those, who feel the urge to be different -- because they aren't. I, for my part, like my ordinariness.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I picked up a copy of KOF 2000 for $30 shipped, hard to say no at that price. I'm thinking of grabbing Metal Slug 1, 2 and Puzzle Bobble in the near future. After that it comes down to watching for deals I guess. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Kabuki Klash and Double Dragon are two more great fighters you should pick up sometime.

neomeo

New Challenger
I am also saving my money to buy a neo sd or a darksfot (is this name allowed to be mention in this forum?).

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
Easy answer, get a multicart.

Personally I'd be looking to bank Shock Troopers, Zupapa, a solid shooter like Blazing Star, Pulstar or Strikers 1945 and a another solid sports title like Windjammers or Baseball Stars 2.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Just curious what the common opinion is on something like this.

I have the following games on MVS:

King of Fighters 95, 96, 99, 2003
Metal Slug X, 3, 4
Art of Fighting 3
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Last Blade 1
King of the Monsters 2
Top Player's Golf

What else should I get? I like most genres except shooters, just not very good at them.

I would recommend the following MVS games:

Metal Slug 1, 2
Shock Troopers
Samurai Showdown 1, 2
Last Blade 2
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
King of Fighters 94, 98, 2002

Last edited: