SSSSOO... Just re-watching Fist Of The North Star Anime...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
7 episodes in... he rips his shirt about a ZILLION times...

WTF... where the fook does he get his replacement shirts in the next scene?

... then again... The Hulk has this issue as well..

xROTx

PS. Anyone come up with how these guys are dressing themselves?... geez

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Your Already Dead.

DeficientLeftHind-max-1mb.gif

xROTx

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
every time that happens, a wizard did it.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Silliest part of the anime imo. You just have to get over it like I did because it did but me at first but the anime was to good to miss.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
movie holds up so well. i wonder how many all-nighters the animators pulled to get that slick animation down.

I still prefer watching the dub with new music that aired on Showtime Beyond back in 2000/2001. gives the anime a really different kind of feel from the original.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

After the 4th or 5th episode I was saying that shit out loud every time Kenshiro did his work on one of Raoh's minions. Got'Em!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
After the 4th or 5th episode I was saying that shit out loud every time Kenshiro did his work on one of Raoh's minions. Got'Em!

Another thing... is it seems Ken had a weird sense of Black Humour in determining how teh minions died...

...the touch of regret... where you have 30 seconds to think about your life before you die... seems almost cruel...

My fav is prob when he made that guy saw his own neck off...

Ken is a SUPERSTAR!

xROTx

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
You ever seen the live action movie? It awesomely bad. Plus Nice Guy Eddie from Pulp Fiction is in it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Another thing... is it seems Ken had a weird sense of Black Humour in determining how teh minions died...

...the touch of regret... where you have 30 seconds to think about your life before you die... seems almost cruel...

My fav is prob when he made that guy saw his own neck off...

Ken is a SUPERSTAR!

xROTx

Yea, it's twisted but to be fair he or someone else always gives the dumb minions fair warning but they never listen. If someone told me that I was fighting Kenshiro the true heir of the The North Star, I would be like fuck that, apologize and take off at full speed. I don't want my body to explode.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Awesome anime. Never forget that Hokuto Shinken is muteki daaaah!!!

geise

Mickey's Coach
Nice! I just repurchased the Streamline DVD and watched it over the holidays. Always fun to re-watch after a long time away.

"All you gotta do is decapitate your friend there."

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Not sure how Kenshiro does it, but I believe Marvel's go to answer for how garments survive such abuse is that they're made out of "unstable particles", courtesy of the genius of Mr. Fantastic. It's funny how ripped clothes on superheroes/heroines always manage to cover the person's naughty bits too, even when they're shredded everywhere else.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I think there's a pressure point technique that explodes cows into new leather jackets. Free clothes for everyone!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Here's a side by side of the TV OP and the PSX game OP.

Whenever they show the people in the desert and the woman starts singing, I feel the power of Hokuto Shinken surge through me.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Not sure how Kenshiro does it, but I believe Marvel's go to answer for how garments survive such abuse is that they're made out of "unstable particles", courtesy of the genius of Mr. Fantastic. It's funny how ripped clothes on superheroes/heroines always manage to cover the person's naughty bits too, even when they're shredded everywhere else.

Maybe that's why Hulk is so mad, I'd be pretty ragey if my junk was getting crushed.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Here's a side by side of the TV OP and the PSX game OP.

Whenever they show the people in the desert and the woman starts singing, I feel the power of Hokuto Shinken surge through me.

Yea, the theme song is so awesome. I get pumped everytime I hear it. This is also one of my favorite tracks from the show.

https://youtu.be/MZvqBnEXNaY

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
What i have found as well.. is the obvious use of old frames in some episodes so far...

Not that I'm not enjoying the show again... BUT...

1. Fast forward 2min 30 seconds for intro...
2. Skip 5-10 minutes per episode for useless chatter...
3. 5-10 minutes for innocent victim death...

...this leaves me about 5-10 minutes of Ken doing his medieval killing thing...

xROTx