Switching output between 2 PVM monitors

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I set up my second monitor for TATE and i'd like to be able to use it with out unplugging and re plugging too much stuff

Does anybody have a quick and decent solution to outputting to RGB and Component

I figure any component switch should do the trick for component but they dont seem to make them in the 2-output type. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good 2 way switch out there.

RGB is even more of a problem since SCART and BNC can complicate things. I'd like the same thing for that. A simple 2 way switch.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
A solution to think about.

I have two PVMs setup, one tate and one yoko. All of my RGB consoles/SG are fed into the yoko PVM via a switch or alternate input (A + B) and if I have a need to play a game in tate, I have BNC passthrough going to the tate PVM. I simply turn that monitor on, turn off the yoko PVM, and let the monitor passthrough do the work. It is a simple setup but it works.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
A solution to think about.

I have two PVMs setup, one tate and one yoko. All of my RGB consoles/SG are fed into the yoko PVM via a switch or alternate input (A + B) and if I have a need to play a game in tate, I have BNC passthrough going to the tate PVM. I simply turn that monitor on, turn off the yoko PVM, and let the monitor passthrough do the work. It is a simple setup but it works.

This.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Yeah thats the thing. I ordered a set of BNC RGBs cables that I was planning to do exactly that with but I was thinking that both monitors needed to be on for that to work.

So thats not the case?

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Yeah thats the thing. I ordered a set of BNC RGBs cables that I was planning to do exactly that with but I was thinking that both monitors needed to be on for that to work.

So thats not the case?

That is not the case. The yoko monitor does not need to be on.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
That is the setup I have and it works for me. I will take some pics later.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I have the same setup for my Saturn. Works great.

If your PVM has switch(es) on the BNC inputs to choose from 75 ohms or OPEN, set them to OPEN when using this setup.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
None of my monitors have those switches thankfully

well damn I guess i should have waited until monoprice sent my cables and i would have figured this out on my own lol

thanks guys.