SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy Announced for Switch and PS4

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I agree with the point on the lore. Unless I'm mistaken, every possible 2-person team seems to have unique dialogs between the members at the start and end of the story mode which draw heavily on the character lore.

Edit: I'm not quite sure if SNK pulled this off or not yet. Leona and Shermie are clearly talking to each other in the pre-boss-fight dialog, while Athena and Terry seem to be shouting things at the boss which don't reference their teammate in any way and could be interchanged with other characters.

Not sure if this is the case with the Switch, but the PS4 lets you play while installing the game and doesn't tell you it's installing. Once the install finishes on the PS4, the performance glitches go away.
Nah it's installed all the updates already....it just runs like ass on Switch.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Nah it's installed all the updates already....it just runs like ass on Switch.
Yikes, here's hoping the Switch gets patched.

Overall impression: This is a nice, fun departure from the norm for SNK, but shouldn't have been treated as a major release. I think if it had been released as a $20 indy-like game it would get a decent reception for what it is, but for $50 it should have had a ton of modes a la Smash. This thread was mostly about the roster leading up to the release, but it is really the gameplay variety and not the roster that is going to be the problem.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Now that I've played the Switch version, a few thoughts...

The controls for this game are a complete mystery to me. I've got moves coming out all over the place, and just hoping they are timed correctly for a combo. It's weird to have all these KOF moves coming out without doing any of the motions for them.

You're supposed to press R or something to end the matches when the opponent is in the red, right? But that doesn't really seem to be working for me so far. I've been able to end some of the matches by mashing all the shoulder buttons and tagging like crazy in the process until finally a finishing move comes out. I gave up and quit after only winning 3-4 matches. A little help here please?

So Kukri, the villain, made all the characters dress in the pervy clothes? Wouldn't that make the villain an ally of the hentai player's wishes? So really the bad guy is the good guy to the target audience.

There's no way the Switch version is running in 1080p when docked, it's way too shimmery. It must be 720p, or at least lack any anti-aliasing. Looks pretty poor by today's standards.

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Alec, you have to end the match with a finisher using R on Switch, R1 on PS4. You need magic meter to do this though, which builds over time and as you take damage. If you press A (or Square) you do a special move, which uses magic meter, so if you keep pressing this you won't have enough meter to do your finish.

At least that's what I understand so far. I hope it helps.

I'm enjoying the game for what it is. It's not going to end up main eventing at Evo, but it's a fun little distraction.

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
One more thing is that the character who is tagged out automatically builds meter. So if your R1 finisher isn't working, use R2 (not sure what Switch control is) to tag in your other character and then try it. If it whiffs, then wait a little while for the tagged out character's meter to rebuild and then repeat. Also note that a lot (all?) of characters have more than 1 finisher, the command list will show the additional ones. (down+R1, etc)

On the topic of Kukri, this game may ruin him for everyone. I used to run him in one of my main KOFXIV teams, but it's hard to justify spending several hours perfecting combos for pervy-boy.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Didn't realize the face buttons straight up do specials. Thanks guys.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The face buttons are punch, kick, throw, and special. The special button has 5 special moves tied to it. Either press it by itself or press a U,D,L or R direction with it for a different special. When your magic meter is full, you can use a super. You can use a super by pressing the R button. When your life bar is blinking and you have full meter you can press down and R for a stronger special.

I returned mine this morning. I'll grab it when it's $20 on PS4.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm grateful for all of your input, i'm glad i cancelled my preorder. If i see it for cheap, I may pick it up as a novelty or distraction.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
This game sounds like complete shit. Shame they couldn't do a sequel to Gal's Fighter instead.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I saw an ad for this at gamestop, looked interesting. I downloaded it last night but haven't played it yet.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'm grateful for all of your input, i'm glad i cancelled my preorder. If i see it for cheap, I may pick it up as a novelty or distraction.

That is exactly what this is. a novelty or a distraction.

i completely forgot i preordered this and after the update downloaded i'm super underwhelmed. It has some moments, but its basically an excuse for scantily clad fighting girls. its a less good doa with one button combo/ specials/ finishes.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
From looking over this thread, it's disheartening to see the Switch version have those issues. Having a game like this on the run would be fun. Any word on a patch or fix?

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
i bought the collectors edition months ago, and while its a nice set, i kept everything sealed and sold it to a friend for retail price. Just doesn't seem fun enough to play, and i got tons of other games im playing at the moment

incrediblehark

New Challenger
Wish I had read reviews of this game and cancelled my preorder... Overall I am completely disappointed with this game. I was thinking it would have the gameplay of KOF XIV but only have female characters. Instead we get a watered down button masher with no depth to the gameplay along with lame special effects with every attack and a storyline that makes no sense. I figured the game would be a little over the top and cheesy coming from NISA but I didn't think it would be this bad. Worst money I've spent on a game in a long time.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Nice in depth description of your experience there good job well done.
It's literally the best I could do. It made no sense, and while I don't object to a female Terry, the game just makes no sense.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I may still buy this game IF SNK releases some nice fappable DLC costumes.

However, at this point I haven’t really felt compelled to rub one out yet, especially not when I have DOA 5 LR.

SNK could learn a thing or two from Team Ninja.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Skullomania has been announced as the second crossover character. Bold choice, I dig it.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
SNK-Heroines-DLC-Chara-Init_10-25-18.jpg

:lolz: The return of Miss X

Gameplay:

Last edited:

Yoshi

20 Year Member
It seems to drop almost literally every day, so continue to be patient.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
So there are three versions of this character? OG Miss-X, post-op Miss X and... Kyo fan-girl... ?

I am guessing these are merely costumes?