SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy Announced for Switch and PS4

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
One button combos, required one button super finishers, button blocking, cheap fanservice, and a trap? This game was made so you could play it with one hand for a purpose...

-SD-

Camel Slug
Cancelled my pre-order for the Diamond Dream Edition... no messing or faff, NISA Europe credited the money back onto my card this morning. This is not the sequel to Gal’s Fighters I was looking for.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I wonder if Demetri used Midnight Bliss on Terry and never changed him back.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
I wonder if Demetri used Midnight Bliss on Terry and never changed him back.

From a vampire's perspective, it wouldn't make sense to change them back. gameplay wise, they change back due to gameplay balance, but lore wise, Demitri doesn't change back women he seduced. they either are killed if he chooses to completely drain them, or keep them as servants.
SVC is its own reality, so it doesn't interfere with the Garou and KOF lore/timeline. Demitri wouldnt throw away a women he likes, whether they were born female or changed to female.

http://darkstalkers.wikia.com/wiki/Midnight_Bliss

http://darkstalkers.wikia.com/wiki/Demitri_Maximoff

In SVC dimension, would think someone as charismatic as Terry would be kept as a wife/servant. and Darkstalkers characters are tiered higher than SNK and Capcom characters. There's really no one canonically that can defeat Demitri in SVC except perhaps Goddess Athena.
Demitri currently has about 40 servants in his castle, there's no said cap on how many servants/concubines he would allow.

and anyways especially with an open ended genre like fighting games, any realities and outcomes are possible and branch out to their own reality timeline.
and something like CVS Chaos is even more open ended than KOF stories, so anything is possible.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
i'd buy that for a dollar! :D
as for the terry female ripoff, could have been a ryu to sakura effort from streetfighter series.
enough textures and graphic effects to be different, though the moves are based on ryu's scheme.
she didn't look anything like ryu....:p
this game looking good.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
4S2gM6s.jpg

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
New character announced yesterday and badly needed... SNK added a character who is not only not in KOF XIV but who is actually a crossover from a Square-Enix franchise I've never heard of:

The new character is DLC, though... not sure if that means that SNK will be asking for more cash 1 week after the game comes out.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I would hope the new characters would just be included, but with the way loot boxes are pretty commonplace nowadays it wouldn't surprise me if it was an additional fee.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
New character announced yesterday and badly needed... SNK added a character who is not only not in KOF XIV but who is actually a crossover from a Square-Enix franchise I've never heard of:

The new character is DLC, though... not sure if that means that SNK will be asking for more cash 1 week after the game comes out.

Ah, now it makes sense. Both companies are giving a nod back to one another:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Ah, now it makes sense. Both companies are giving a nod back to one another:
You would think SNK could have gotten more for Iori. Not Tifa or Terra, but maybe a Quistis or Lulu. For an even trade, it should have at least been Thief Arthur plus a player to be named later.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
You would think SNK could have gotten more for Iori. Not Tifa or Terra, but maybe a Quistis or Lulu. For an even trade, it should have at least been Thief Arthur plus a player to be named later.

Agreed. Perhaps there are other guest characters incoming from other franchises/companies. Characters from DOA or Senran Kagura would be appropriate considering the direction snk took with this game.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Anyone got this yet? I'm hoping my Switch copy will have been posted when I get home. From the reviews I've read it seems like it'll be a fun time, even if it doesn't have much longevity.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I forgot I had it preordered, so I didn't cancel it. I'll have it today.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Quick comments:
- Love the Neo Geo jingle during bootup
- These characters seem large to me, game looks more like AOF than KOF
- This game plays like Smash Melee, though

I may have missed this in the previews, but there are no qcf/charge motions (so far) and everything is based on button and direction with buttons for throw, guard, tag, etc. This game seems to play like a 1v1 version of Smash Bros with a tag mechanic. I started out playing with a stick and had to switch to pad, this game seems built for pad play. The good news is that game has a clear identity and it is nothing like KOF. The bad news is that anyone who is really into KOF will probably hate on this game. I think SNK is shooting for a completely different demographic than the KOF heads with this release.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Game runs like hot garbage on the Switch. When. The particle effects hit (which is like almost every move because of a shadow, sparkle, hearts, pcbs) the game drops to like 15 fps. Makes juggles hard to achieve. I'd be interested in how this plays on PS4. I do kinda enjoy the system, as it feels like Evil Zone for PSone.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Oldschool fans aren't the target audience for this game but oldschoolers that enjoy the lore will find enough to amuse them. For oldschoolers looking for a super technical fighter, you aren't going to find it here. It's a budget title, and I don't think it's meant to be anything other than a fun distraction.

I don't think it's very good on a technical or mechanical level, but there is stuff to unlock.

I think the game looks pretty fucking ugly, though. Even the cutscenes are drawn poorly. Still, decent fanservice moments (and I don't just mean the sexy stuff, although there is more than a little of that) abound. Yuri's ending is especially amusing.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I agree with the point on the lore. Unless I'm mistaken, every possible 2-person team seems to have unique dialogs between the members at the start and end of the story mode which draw heavily on the character lore.

Edit: I'm not quite sure if SNK pulled this off or not yet. Leona and Shermie are clearly talking to each other in the pre-boss-fight dialog, while Athena and Terry seem to be shouting things at the boss which don't reference their teammate in any way and could be interchanged with other characters.

the game drops to like 15 fps. Makes juggles hard to achieve. I'd be interested in how this plays on PS4.

Not sure if this is the case with the Switch, but the PS4 lets you play while installing the game and doesn't tell you it's installing. Once the install finishes on the PS4, the performance glitches go away.

Last edited: