SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy Announced for Switch and PS4

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Honestly, if it plays as well as gals fighters and runs smoothly, I'll pick it up.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'll pick this up and give it a go. It looks like fun from the trailer.

I just need to decide if I want to go ahead and get that Hori stick for the Switch, or get the PS4 version.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
I'm pretty disappointed. I don't know who this is supposed to appeal to. Is there really any crossover between waifu fans and hardcore fighting game fans?

Probably a fair segment. Probably also hoping to rope in others who aren't.

That costume dress up and darkstalkers felicia cosplay kind of thing won't be by accident, and is probably like catnip [sorry] to some people. I always thought xiv looked a bit too much like cosplaying real dolls, rather than the very characterful xiii.

This seems to take it a bit further in the exploitative direction than cute or characterful. If nothing else I might have hoped they would take the opportunity to develop a more toony art style in game to match the ui and character approach. Instead the assessment of xiv, but less, but now with more dress up, might just be the basic direction here.

Not what I want. But might be a smart move, given where they seemed to be heading with their mascot etc.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I will probably get this as the ACA ports on the Switch have been very good. I just need to either figure out my Magic-NS or get an arcade stick finally for the Switch.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
For anyone concerned about possible censorship by NIS America, they released this statement on their twitter account:

“The content released globally will contain the same costumes and content. Nothing will be removed or replaced in the Western release. As for controls, it is more accessible for all players, and not just the hardcore fighting gamers :) You will use your entire controller.”

source: https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/951595144087613440

Last edited:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Their trailer says otherwise. Listen to people's actions & track record, not their PR statements. If any of you are Y's Fans you know what I'm referring to. NISA is not to be trusted with any game, japanese or otherwise. Odds are they're going to censor a bunch of things, or at the very least accidentally break the game with their shoddy coding.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Their trailer says otherwise. Listen to people's actions & track record, not their PR statements. If any of you are Y's Fans you know what I'm referring to. NISA is not to be trusted with any game, japanese or otherwise. Odds are they're going to censor a bunch of things, or at the very least accidentally break the game with their shoddy coding.

Ys VIII is perfectly playable in Japanese with subtitles.

Great game, by the way. Platinumed it. You may think I'm crazy but, it was my personal game of the year.

Jon

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
That's possibly Love Heart:

DTRXUiKX4AIhWd1.jpg

Top center. Is that Fio? I sure hope that's Fio!

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Great game, by the way. Platinumed it. You may think I'm crazy but, it was my personal game of the year.
I played until platinum as well, and the controversy just mystifies me. There are some strangely-worded translations here or there, but it barely even qualifies as Engrish. I know some classic NES games that'd make these Ys localization protesters' heads explode.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
This looks fun. I hear you can only get a physical copy on ps4 if you get the collectors edition

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Looks good. Would be a bummer if there is no physical copy on ps4. Will probably gran it for switch although I will need a switch first. Hopefully the costumes are more than variations of bikinis. With only what looks like 10 or so characters available, hopefully SNK doesn't rape us with DLC.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Looks like Fio to me. Also Sylvie on the bottom left. Probably King or Shiki in the center left. Leona on top. No clue on the others. The one holding the cross with a heart on it is probably new.

Hopefully the roster ends up being bigger than this.

Last edited:

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Yeah, it'd be really disappointing if that was it. Especially since KoFXIV had 50 characters in it. Dropping down to this few in a tag-team style game would be pretty sad, even if there was a decent amount of customization for each character.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'm just glad the Japanese clip is there proving what has come out that the US version of the video was a puritanical pile of crap thanks to NOA being censor happy over offending anyone during a direct.

I really do like SNK Gals Fighters on my NGPC so this game is a definite pick up as is that Ys game too as I've enjoyed the franchise since the original TG CD in the 90s.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
I'm just glad the Japanese clip is there proving what has come out that the US version of the video was a puritanical pile of crap thanks to NOA being censor happy over offending anyone during a direct.

I really do like SNK Gals Fighters on my NGPC so this game is a definite pick up as is that Ys game too as I've enjoyed the franchise since the original TG CD in the 90s.

Supposedly reporting they aren't actually going to sensor it. Really hoping they are being honest, but we'll find out soon enough.

I could see them toning it down for the direct for the US, which while still crap, shouldn't be a surprise.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Like SD said, they decide to be spineless assholes I'll import it. I did the same with the physical release of I Am Setsuna as I wasn't going to pay the same price for a download.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
if they decide to censor the western release: you can always create a japanese account on your ps4 or switch and download that version instead.

btw: lower right cham cham maybe?

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I also suspect the one on the left is that girl with the bow from SSV. If both cases are correct, we may see a new SS game soon.

Fett

Camel Slug
if they decide to censor the western release: you can always create a japanese account on your ps4 or switch and download that version instead.

Switch is region free if you want a physical copy. :smirk:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
By far the best item in the collector's edition is the Fatal Cutie baseball cap.