SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy Announced for Switch and PS4

Snakealpha

n00b
The ACA series seems to be selling quite well on Switch.

So it would be smart to create a new game for Switch (new Metal Slug, new Samurai Shodown ). Considering how well eertyhing is working on Switch, you can have profit and maybe resurrect an old franchise...

For exmaple, there are no fighting games (apart from the ACA series) on Switch...(Arms and Smash Bros are not "fighting games" for me) so a new Samurai Shodown would be awesome and a great market opportunity

-SD-

Camel Slug
vWVzYi4.jpg

Skip to 7:45 for the game.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
An SNK Gal's Fighters spiritual successor is certainly better than a simple port of one of SNK's mobile based titles such as "You are the Hero" or "Metal Slug Defense" as some were expecting.

Looks interesting. The item customization certainly opens the door for some cool modes like the "Making" mode from kof R-2. The use of special and unique items in that game's character building mode made for some hilarious matches (Being able to have your character use a gun mid-match to shoot your opponent was just priceless lol).

Off topic: Since this new title appears to use assets from kof14, I wonder if a project like Garou 2 would be done in a similar fashion should SNK choose to revive that title.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
With graphics being 3D across the board, a big part of what made SNK special to me has disappeared. If Garou came out looking like this or KOF I would be cool with it, but hardly overjoyed.
Just meh

mistahsnart

New Challenger
Starting to think that any future SNK fighters will just be KOF14 with different title screens and smaller rosters.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I'm pretty disappointed. I don't know who this is supposed to appeal to. Is there really any crossover between waifu fans and hardcore fighting game fans?

I would have really liked a super deformed, sprite-based, simplified fighter like an NGPC game. Maybe even something like KoF14 Mini or something like that with the roster and move sets of 14 but with the graphics of a high res NGPC.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The waifu is strong with this one.

Personally, while I'm not into the whole "waifu" thing, if the core game is fun to play, I'm down. Been a while since there's been a quality "silly fighter" as I call them. The world needs more Gals' Fighters, Matrimelees, and Waku Waku 7s. That and it'll hopefully be a great opportunity to play as some female characters we haven't seen in a while. Hoping Xiangfei, Shiki, Akari, Charlotte, and Cham Cham get some love.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
lol fucking waifu fighter.
Heh... they should've called the game "Wai-Fu!"

I like seeing that SNK can actually create something original again, but definitely not what I was hoping for. Still suffering from 2D SamSho withdrawal. ;_;

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
... it'll hopefully be a great opportunity to play as some female characters we haven't seen in a while. Hoping Xiangfei, Shiki, Akari, Charlotte, and Cham Cham get some love.

Hoping that Shermie, Blue Mary, B. Jenet, and Iroha make a comeback too.

The cover to the artbook has some silhouettes of the cast. I think I see King and Sylvie Paula Paula, but with the characters not appearing in their standard/classic costumes in the art it's a little tough to identify them at a glance. Also, since the character pin set included with the special edition comes with 14 pins, perhaps we can assume that not all of the female fighters will make it in from kof14?

snk_ab_whitebkgd.jpg

Is the world ready for the possible return of "Miss X"? :lolz:

miss-x-yikes.gif

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Good ol' SNK, it's been too long since they've animated some boobie bounce in a game. If you look at this game and think it isn't classic SNK, then I have this to share:

latest
latest

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Unless this has "Mai Pantsu" as a pre-order bonus, I will be outraged.:upf:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Leave it to NIS America to censor the Trailer. Can't show THAT on a Christian Game Video.

censored.png

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Hopefully this plays decent as it looks pretty funny.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Gal Fighters 2?

I'll go with JPN version if NIS censors game.................

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I'm wondering whether the fan character design contest winner will show up in this game. It'd make a lot of sense because a fan-designed character could be a risk for a flagship release, but would be a neat PR plug for a game like this. However, I'm pretty sure that the fan design contest allowed both male and female entries, so it'd be kind of a raw deal if only a female entry had a chance to win.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Hoping that Shermie, Blue Mary, B. Jenet, and Iroha make a comeback too.

The cover to the artbook has some silhouettes of the cast. I think I see King and Sylvie Paula Paula, but with the characters not appearing in their standard/classic costumes in the art it's a little tough to identify them at a glance. Also, since the character pin set included with the special edition comes with 14 pins, perhaps we can assume that not all of the female fighters will make it in from kof14?

View attachment 48301

Is the world ready for the possible return of "Miss X"? :lolz:

View attachment 48302

Fio is in there too, holding the gun. Curious about the one holding a cross with the heart on top. Potential new character?

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Gal Fighters 2?

I'll go with JPN version if NIS censors game.................

Dude its crazy but i've been wanting a Gal Fighter 2 from SNK for forever. I cant believe they are actually doing it

Xiangfei and this is perfect!

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Something about this makes me feel like KOF XIV is possibly going to come to the Switch someday in the future. Like they were maybe fiddling with the same engine and assets to see how well it'd run on there, and this is a test? Then again, it's coming out on the PS4 too, so who knows. I'll pick it up since it looks decent, plus any way to support SNK and motivate them to make new games is fine by me.