SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy Announced for Switch and PS4

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Awesome! So then there’s only 2 more character reveals to go, huh? Hopefully we get another surprise addition outside of the kofxiv roster like they did with Shermie.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
The game looks kind of simple and fun... but the aesthetic is painfully cheesy.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I'm still pre-ordered, but the roster is turning out to be disappointingly like a riff on KOF XIV. Probably makes sense from a development point of view so they can re-use assets while building cash for a major release, but this game needed a few more characters to create its own identity. Rosa, Kisarah, Fio, and others would have worked. Well, maybe we'll get 1 more outsider.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Terry is best waifu. Sugoi.

DLC characters are a given, and I get a feeling they're purposefully holding some popular choices back in order to snag some of that sweet, sweet DLC moolah.

The lack of King and Eri or Fio is pretty alarming to me. King is technically the OG SNK fighting game woman since AOF came out before FF2. What gives? Sure, she's guaranteed to be a DLC character, but she deserves an original roster spot.

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Well it is Japan... maybe it is time to get **weird**

Spoiler:
46fd9eaf9ce28dbc20f6e25b3c17a2dd.jpg

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'm still pre-ordered, but the roster is turning out to be disappointingly like a riff on KOF XIV. Probably makes sense from a development point of view so they can re-use assets while building cash for a major release, but this game needed a few more characters to create its own identity. Rosa, Kisarah, Fio, and others would have worked. Well, maybe we'll get 1 more outsider.
I'd love to see Fio! I missed out on KOF XIV, maybe this wouldn’t be a bad purchase for me.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Who the hell is Dragon Gal Mui Mui!? fuckin hell why can't they pick characters people actually know.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
.....and a bit over dressed, what’s next Amish Paradise Pookie Pie? C’mon.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Who the hell is Dragon Gal Mui Mui!? fuckin hell why can't they pick characters people actually know.

I guess we cannot blame SNK Playmore for trying to make original characters, even though I never really played pachislot/pachinko games.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Mui Mui is a new character from KOF 14. I know a lot of the old school SNK fans want older characters. But when you aren't supporting their new stuff, why would they try to appeal to you

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Mui Mui is a new character from KOF 14. I know a lot of the old school SNK fans want older characters. But when you aren't supporting their new stuff, why would they try to appeal to you

As a business, they should be appealing to their customer base. If we don't care about a throwaway pachislo character who got included in their mixed result attempt at a new KOF, why are we held accountable for "not supporting SNK?" That is the whole point, vote with your wallet and maybe they will try a little harder.

We definitely don't have to support their new stuff just to keep them alive; Ledo is already doing that. But this game seems to be directly aimed at an Asian audience so I don't think they have crazy sale expectations for the west.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
But this game seems to be directly aimed at an Asian audience so I don't think they have crazy sale expectations for the west.

Exactly and you don't have to visit Japan to know that the cuter something is the better it will sell.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member

I thought I read she originally came from pachislot games back in 2004.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
I miss Shiki. How dare they not put a character in this game from their failed Neo Geo 64 arcade board. Seriously though, I do miss shiki. Would probably have been too much work to make her from scratch since they're basing this on/using their 3D KOF models.

Last edited:

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Game looks like shit and is goofy as fuck. Anybody who supports this crap must be a gormless plonker.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
After Guilty Gear Xrd and Dragon Ball Fighter Z I kind of wish everyone just let Arc Systems make their 3D re-imagining of old 2D fighter games. The 3D in this just looks wrong, as it has in all the 3D KOF games too.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
After Guilty Gear Xrd and Dragon Ball Fighter Z I kind of wish everyone just let Arc Systems make their 3D re-imagining of old 2D fighter games. The 3D in this just looks wrong, as it has in all the 3D KOF games too.

Cause thats what we really need, a KoF that plays like Guilty Gear.

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I think it's great that they are trying something new. It's been a while since a new SNK franchise has come out. Maybe there will be a demo closer to release that we'll be able to try out and see for ourselves how cool and good or how brutal it is.