Hamster ACA Neo Geo Series on Windows 10

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Hamster's Arcade Archives Neo Geo series has relatively quietly made its way onto PC through the Windows 10 store. I generally avoid that storefront like the plague, as I will always support the X64 version of a game over the UWP one (search the web for "UWP Tim Sweeney" to learn more about why), but these almost have to be better than the DotEmu ports on Steam. More have already been added to the original crop, with Neo Turfmasters being the latest. Here is the full list:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-nf/store/search/games?devicetype=all&q=aca neogeo

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I've played a few of these ACA Neo Geo titles on Nintendo Switch and I can say the ports there are quite decent. I've have no plans to try the Windows versions of these, but can vouch for the developers not being big dummies. Of course if I'm at home with my PC I will just go into the other room and play the real Neo Geo.

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
I have played these on Xbox One as well. They are better than nothing but do run into slowdown issues in games that didn't have slowdowns at those points. For $8 a piece though, it's not terrible.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I have played these on Xbox One as well. They are better than nothing but do run into slowdown issues in games that didn't have slowdowns at those points. For $8 a piece though, it's not terrible.

ehhhh.... thats debatable. If it doesn't run any better than whats freely available, then whats the point?

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Sorry, I didnt mean to say "PC", since now days MAME and or FBA run on just about anything.

I'm not one of those "emulation master race" guys, I just have a hard time supporting something when the devs didnt even put the effort in to make it run correctly.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I've played a few of these Neo Geo .
I'm at home with my PC I will just go into the other room and play the real Neo Geo.

Are you having trouble quoting my reply?