Whats the first arcade machine or game you ever got?

HB_Gamer

n00b
I am there with you. Got mine for 250 sold it for 500. It didn't even have the flight stick. It was repetitive but a cool game. cab was painted all black. Jealous yours had the art.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
A Neo Big Red and an Egret II. I bought both of them about a month apart 5-6 years ago. Still the only 2 cabs I own.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Final fight pcb, still love that game to this day.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
First cab was an Astro City in 2001 when we bought out Arcade Infinity of their old stock. Think we got 3 Astros and 9 Pony IV's. My interested waned for a bit after the initial obsession, but there were 2 more orders from them. First PCB I bought was a Double Dragon for $30. Still remember getting home and it took the board 20 minutes to sync on the monitor, haha. Shortly thereafter I turned 21 and went bonkers buying PCB's with birthday money. There's been many along the way really, so I could write pages, but I'll stop and just list what I own/used to own:

Currently own:

Astro City
2 x NAC's
MVS-U4 25"
Super Neo Candy II
Dynamo HS-1 cabinet that had Bermuda Triangle in it
Atari Gauntlet cabinet that came with Sunset Riders in it
Neo Geo Big Red 4 slot Version 3
Touchdown Fever cocktail cabinet dedicated

Used to own:

Egret II - Murdercab Provenance
2 x Astro City
1 x NAC
Dead cab that I bought only for the Special Project Y board in it

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
Area 51 site 4, my first dedicated cab, and least favorite game I currently own. (No reloading oddly ruins this game for me)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
A Big Red with NTM. Bought it from ArcadeTV, when he dissolved his arcade dungeons.

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Final Fight inside of a Quantum, paid $100 bucks to a kid who got it in trade for mowing lawns. My profile pic is of me playing that game, man it was sweet having that first cab!

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
I grabbed a neo geo one slot kinda miss it.. It had bust a move, swapped to a 161 in 1... Had to sell my cabs recently lack of space =(

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
First cab was an Astro City in 2001 when we bought out Arcade Infinity of their old stock. Think we got 3 Astros and 9 Pony IV's. My interested waned for a bit after the initial obsession, but there were 2 more orders from them. First PCB I bought was a Double Dragon for $30. Still remember getting home and it took the board 20 minutes to sync on the monitor, haha. Shortly thereafter I turned 21 and went bonkers buying PCB's with birthday money. There's been many along the way really, so I could write pages, but I'll stop and just list what I own/used to own:

Currently own:

Astro City
2 x NAC's
MVS-U4 25"
Super Neo Candy II
Dynamo HS-1 cabinet that had Bermuda Triangle in it
Atari Gauntlet cabinet that came with Sunset Riders in it
Neo Geo Big Red 4 slot Version 3
Touchdown Fever cocktail cabinet dedicated

Used to own:

Egret II - Murdercab Provenance
2 x Astro City
1 x NAC
Dead cab that I bought only for the Special Project Y board in it

Aww dude thats great ahah, I thought the Pony IV cabs were pretty ugly compared to the pretty agressive looking design of the MK III cabs. I would love to own a MK III Pony some day and maybe an Egret II or Egret I

SNK416
Thats always sad to hear but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do

Last edited:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
neo geo 25 candy cab i got around a year and a half ago for 400 bucks off an offer up listing.

Came with king of fighters 97, world heroes 2, real bout special, samurai shodown 2 and magical drop 2.

So stoked with the purhcase. Thought it was too good to be true but thankfully everything came out good with the transaction

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The cabinet style is just really cool to me idk

I mean I get it, but to get one nowadays is lol money and parts are even more lol. Illumination panel for one went for 700 bucks last year. If I could trade mine for two Astros I would do it in a heartbeat.

Speed3

Marked Wolf
Its a Big Red 2 slot, came with a puzzle bobble marquee, puzzle bobble and metal slug. I think I snagged it for less than $300.00 but I don't really remember.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
My first cab was a project Neo Geo conversion for $100 with mv1f and Neo Turf Masters. 95% fixed, new plexiglass needed really.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
My first arcade board was the Hyper 64. Got me one of those package deals from the UK about 8 years ago when they were cheap. Had a supergun which was in hindsight luckily wired for MVS. Man, I didn't even know the difference between JAMMA and MVS pinout back then :lolz:

technohat

n00b
My first arcade machine I got was an Empire Strikes Back vector arcade game. It was a stand up model, not the sit-down cab. I paid $75 for it at a thrift store then had to buy the replacement flyback transformer to get it back up and running. I had a lot of fun playing it but was forced to sell it about 12 years ago when I moved.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
My first arcade cab was this DDR 3rd Mix Korean v2 back in 2001. I think in total I paid around $1100. It was shipped from Korea to Texas.

MIJY6wp.png

shiryu7

Quiz Detective
Had an old school supergun and a one slot mobo, I think my first game was metal slug.

MrRoboto19XX

Rugal's Thug
My first arcade boards were Tekken 2 and 3 from a friend who was getting rid of most of his collection. It's been a while since I've set them up and used them, I should get around to that soon.

mglass14

n00b
My first (and only!) arcade cab was my 4 Slot Big Red, first game was Samurai Shodown II. My wife still kicks my ass with Cham Cham about once a week and I just can’t force myself to take it out of the rotation. The engrish throughout is a huge plus too!