DARK (Netflix series)

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Typing from phone so I’ll elaborate later.

Visually it’s amazing. I love how gloomy it looks without being in your face about it. The characters are decent. Where I have issues are the convoluted story, scraps of narrative that don’t really go anywhere and aren’t followed up, and the treatment of science. For something so somber you’d expect them to use some somewhat realistic science. But a hole in a cave that leads to two temporal paths is way to “fairy tale” for my liking and doesn’t mesh with the esthetic.

That said, there was a certain amount of good stuff to make me want to watch the next episode as well as stuff that kept me thinking or wondering throughout the following day before actually watching another episode.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I liked it a lot until the final episode turned everything goofball cheesy. I was hoping it would be a 10-episode self-contained story. But instead, they added some cliche soap opera sequel bait in the final episode and a dumb final twist for a cliffhanger. Still, I'd watch a second season if they do it. Not a third, though.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
most of the way through it.
Dubbing is a little rough at times, but the show keeps it interesting.

you can see it start to come together, but it's still confusing as hell.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I liked it a lot until the final episode turned everything goofball cheesy. I was hoping it would be a 10-episode self-contained story. But instead, they added some cliche soap opera sequel bait in the final episode and a dumb final twist for a cliffhanger. Still, I'd watch a second season if they do it. Not a third, though.

Co.signed

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Pretentious bump.

I finished watching this the other day.

Kinda ridiculous in a lot of ways, a shit ton of characters that were almost uniformly terrible, and yet somehow still compelling and decent entertainment. IMO, anyway.

Second season has been confirmed.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I enjoyed it. Waiting for season two now. They can take their time doing it, I suspect it will not be on the same level as season 1 otherwise.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I enjoyed it. Waiting for season two now. They can take their time doing it, I suspect it will not be on the same level as season 1 otherwise.

I watched the first episode and I did not like it at all. I like the concept and everything but it just didn't impress me at all.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I remember watching the trailer and thinking, "That could be interesting." And then I completely forgot it existed until just now. My initial thoughts remain unchanged, and I doubt the outcome will change either.