DarkSoft MVS Multi Cart update - hmmmm. Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neosd

Neosd Developer
I was upset at the fact that someone screencapped the livestream + comments as well as used Mitsu's thumbnail as their own and claimed my live stream was a review instead of a beta test which was the initial purpose of the live stream to begin with as theirs. He could have easily messaged me to collab on a separate video to provide constructive criticism on said product instead of giving false information

I understand you are upset by someone else using Mitsu's logo on a video, but do you think Mitsu's asked for persmision to use NEOSD logo on this video ?

Also, based in your own experience, as you got both NEOSD and Darksofts flashcart, do you think the comparsion in this same video at 31m30s is real ?

Thanks

Last edited:

beast1x5

n00b
I understand you are upset by someone else using Mitsu's logo on a video, but do you think Mitsu's asked for persmision to use NEOSD logo on this video ?

Also, based in your own experience, as you got both NEOSD and Darksofts flashcart, do you think the comparsion in this same video at 31m30s is real ?

Thanks

Just an FYI that video was posted before the most recent neo SD firmware update which cuts load time to yeah it is real... but it takes place before the update for SD

neosd

Neosd Developer
Just an FYI that video was posted before the most recent neo SD firmware update which cuts load time to yeah it is real... but it takes place before the update for SD

So you are saying that KOF2k3 can be flashed in 20 secconds on Darksoft flashcart ? is that correct ?

BTW i haven´t seen KOF2k3 in your stream, i wonder if the game actually works at all, would be nice to heard that from you.

Also, you are not answering the copyright questions, i guess this is not that important for you as it seemed some minutes ago.

Thanks

beast1x5

n00b
So you are saying that KOF2k3 can be flashed in 20 secconds on Darksoft flashcart ? is that correct ?

BTW i haven´t seen KOF2k3 in your stream, i wonder if the game actually works at all, would be nice to heard that from you.

Also, you are not answering the copyright questions, i guess this is not that important for you as it seemed some minutes ago.

Thanks

it would be considered fair use since I'm not making money off the song and the entire song isn't being played... then again I hope they have an option to change the song completely or delete it.. also I had my friend test KOF2k3 after the stream (i actually don't like KOF2k3 for personal reasons) and the neo SD is currently faster in loading it..

also the reason DS has the OS and multiple slot loading is because of the feedback he received from his forum members... I'm not a fan of it... I prefer the SD2SNES/Everdrive method for game loading

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
The biggest issue with that video part for me is he stops the counter at 21:00 when it should be at 49:00. It also does not really show cold boot times of his device against the neosd either.

The livestreaming does show that better for all now. Its become very clear which would win in a cold boot situation once the game is flashed onto each if flash time is a factor.

Last edited:

beast1x5

n00b
The biggest issue with that video part for me is he stops the counter at 21:00 when it should be at 49:00. It also does not really show cold boot times of his device well against the neosd either.

The livestreaming does show that better for all now. Its become very clear which would win in a cold boot situation once the game is flashed onto each if flash time is a factor.

if i had another OSSC I would've done something similar tbh since i have a dual HDMI in cap card to make it happen

neosd

Neosd Developer
it would be considered fair use since I'm not making money off the song and the entire song isn't being played... then again I hope they have an option to change the song completely or delete it.. also I had my friend test KOF2k3 after the stream (i actually don't like KOF2k3 for personal reasons) and the neo SD is currently faster in loading it..

also the reason DS has the OS and multiple slot loading is because of the feedback he received from his forum members... I'm not a fan of it... I prefer the SD2SNES/Everdrive method for game loading

Just a picture to ilustrate the previous question that i still don´t have answers for

darsof_load_times.png

Could you consider this real ? or a fair comparsion ?

Do you think they asked for persmision to user our logo there ?

Do you think this is legal at all ? In our country you can get sued by doing fake comparsions of your product with the competors and for use theyr brands while doing that.

Honestly, i think one has to look inside before come here with copyright claims and so. Tell Mitsu t come here, i may decide to study how legal this Youtube video he did is in USA

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
What I like about this thread... is that at least... someone is answering questions...

I would register on Darksofts forum... but I aint their favourite individual...:keke:

xROTx

PS. On Topic... you gonna order one mister Beastie?... oh... and I heard mention of a MVS shell... are they sac'cing carts here?

I did show off my setup during the stream (I literally forgot when I did) but the shell was a world heroes cart. and i didn't wanna open it in case I got any heat from DS or Mitsu-W.

beast1x5

n00b
Just a picture to ilustrate the previous question that i still don´t have answers for

darsof_load_times.png

Could you consider this real ? or a fair comparsion ?

Do you think they asked for persmision to user our logo there ?

Do you think this is legal at all ? In our country you can get sued by doing fake comparsions of your product with the competors and for use theyr brands while doing that.

Honestly, i think one has to look inside before come here with copyright claims and so. Tell Mitsu t come here, i may decide to study how legal this Youtube video he did is in USA

1. It was fair during the time of the video since you hadn't updated the firmware that cuts massive time on the load time

2. It was a comparison video between the products since people were asking about the comparisons on his product vs neo SD

3. Compare and contrast im not familiar with tbh in regards to legal issues.

in my opinion I think an updated comparison load time video should've been posted tbh

beast1x5

n00b
What I like about this thread... is that at least... someone is answering questions...

I would register on Darksofts forum... but I aint their favourite individual...:keke:

xROTx

PS. On Topic... you gonna order one mister Beastie?... oh... and I heard mention of a MVS shell... are they sac'cing carts here?

I preordered one... I believe the shell was from a dead WH... but i also hear they're gonna have 3D printed shells for the multi

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I preordered one... I believe the shell was from a dead WH... but i also hear they're gonna have 3D printed shells for the multi

OOOHH... so exciting...

You wanna come back and do a full review?

xROTx

PS. I'll expect it in like 2019... but hey... I have a LONG memory...

neosd

Neosd Developer
1. It was fair during the time of the video since you hadn't updated the firmware that cuts massive time on the load time

2. It was a comparison video between the products since people were asking about the comparisons on his product vs neo SD

3. Compare and contrast im not familiar with tbh in regards to legal issues.

in my opinion I think an updated comparison load time video should've been posted tbh

The fast loding firmware was released (its even said by Mitsu on this video "it has the fast loading firmware", but this dosen´t affects to the 21 secconds loading times on theyr side.

I would like to get a clear answer from your side on this subject please : Can darksofts flashcart as today, with the cart you have flash KOF2k3 in 21 secconds ? does the game works at all without sound issues or other issues ?

About the comparsion : i tell you again, being fair or not, cause its pretty clear that is not. Its not legal to :

1 - Use our logo
2 - Compare your product with the competor in a video that you are broadcasting

I bet this is not legal in USA cause its not in Spain and our copyright laws are softer than USA ones for sure.

Last edited:

beast1x5

n00b
I don't have enough resources to be able to do a comparison for Kof2k3 which is a game i don't really like and I also just sent the prototype out via usps to be sent to the next tester. Also you have to constantly clear the backup data to avoid sound and video issues which is one issue the DS has whereas the neosd doesn't have that issue

neosd

Neosd Developer
I don't have enough resources to be able to do a comparison for Kof2k3 which is a game i don't really like and I also just sent the prototype out via usps to be sent to the next tester. Also you have to constantly clear the backup data to avoid sound and video issues which is one issue the DS has whereas the neosd doesn't have that issue

Yes, you haven´t flashed other games such as svc that have similar size, neither you have a chronograph or a brain to do some simple maths.

You are just a guy playing with a flashcart on a twich stream comming here doing copyright claims. I bet you own all the games you are broadcasting on this video, stored in this furniture behind you.

Poor Mitsu, someone stolen his logo in a youtube video.

Grow up guy, you don´t want to answer, don´t do it. But don´t came here giving us copyright lessons

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hey... BEASTIE...

You've been lurking here for a while... so you know how it goes man...

Here's some uber facts for you pal:

...You've just logged back into NG.com after a while... trying to answer questions about a product that doesn't fully work with...

A) NO board pictures...
B) NO idea if ALL the games will work... without glitches across all the board revisions...
C) NO idea if they can get the product working...
D) NO idea if they're sac'cing carts...

...infact... you REALLY don't know much about anything that concerns the product... except for... you've played it for a bit..

Can I suggest the term "Sacrificial Lamb to the fuckin' slaughterhouse that is NG.com"... is relevant here...

We aint children here man... we have some of the best tech heads on the internet with a knowledge base that is as deep as any gaming website...

I aint sayin' that I don't respect you... I am implying that the people you REALLY should be looking at is... Darksoft for making a product with so many flaws in ALL aspects of production, information, tech... etc etc...

We have been here for close to 2 decades Beast... we're not a memberbase that consider bullshit a viable business plan...

xROTx

leonk

Marked Wolf

GOD .. I hope it's not 3D printed. I've never seen a 3D printed shell that I liked. Making new shells is an expensive process, requiring to create molds that cost as much as a car to do extruded shells. Wonder if DS is investing that kind of $$$ just into shell production. Probably not ..

neodev

Neosd Tech
GOD .. I hope it's not 3D printed. I've never seen a 3D printed shell that I liked. Making new shells is an expensive process, requiring to create molds that cost as much as a car to do extruded shells. Wonder if DS is investing that kind of $$$ just into shell production. Probably not ..

The last thing I heard was that they were going to use refurbished original neogeo carts, at least for MVS.

neosd

Neosd Developer

The main issue about doing a mold is :

If you manufacture it in europe you have to pay VAT, depending on where you are, this is 20% extra atleast (basic VAT rate in europa, we in Spain have 21% BTW)

Our neosd mould was 9.000 euros plus VAT, this forces you to open a company if you want to get VAT back (you compensate this with sales)

So those guys have theyr own job and all this is just some extra black money on theyr pockets at the end of the month.

If they sell 15 carts, its 4k euros in the pocket. So selling more or less, they always win cause they don´t have to pay taxes and so.

I don´t think theyr forum way of proceed is compatible with investment, they just do zero investments and get high money return.

Paying no taxes, getting a little bit from some bootleg System C2 roms they sell, from some cart they sell ... Its all good, 0 investment, good return, no taxes.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I really don't think Beast has the info/ability to really comment on what those guys did, he's simply a tester for them. You'd really have to get either Darksoft or Mitsu to to answer those questions. Pretty sure he's under NDA for pics of the boards as well. We can just wait and see how all of this pans out guys.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I really don't think Beast has the info/ability to really comment on what those guys did, he's simply a tester for them. You'd really have to get either Darksoft or Mitsu to to answer those questions. Pretty sure he's under NDA for pics of the boards as well. We can just wait and see how all of this pans out guys.

OH.. I know that man...

I just found it strange he would come on and attempt it:D

...All I know is the next few months are gonna be fun... my loins are ready...

xROTx

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Just an FYI guys this is actually my video which was stolen.. the live stream was actually a prototype test and not a review (which people seem to also have mixed up). I was literally trying to play every rom as quickly as possible and keeping tabs on video and audio issues on my setup which is a supergun + BVM 20G1U + OSSC 1.6. Yes there are a bunch of bugs which need to be fixed up which is why i was taking requests on games during the stream to see if i can find any issues to report back to DS and mitsu. Keep in mine I do own a neoSD for my aes and love it as a consumer so im completely unbiased when it comes to these products and support the developers that make em. I just don't like seeing my work tampered with especially without any permission from me since I actually was given permission from DS to do a live stream with the prototype cart

90% of the stuff I watch on youtube is a video with commentary of another video. Doesn't this fall under fair use or something?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
About the comparsion : i tell you again, being fair or not, cause its pretty clear that is not. Its not legal to :

1 - Use our logo
2 - Compare your product with the competor in a video that you are broadcasting

I bet this is not legal in USA cause its not in Spain and our copyright laws are softer than USA ones for sure.

The laws are totally different in America when it comes to comparative advertising. Remember Pepsi vs. Coke, Sega vs. Nintendo, Samsung vs. Apple, Apple vs. Microsoft, etc... I don't think you guys in Europe got any of those commercials.

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
The laws are totally different in America when it comes to comparative advertising. Remember Pepsi vs. Coke, Sega vs. Nintendo, Samsung vs. Apple, Apple vs. Microsoft, etc... I don't think you guys in Europe got any of those commercials.

I've never seen them, but that might be because of cultural differences. I'm not sure people would respond positively to one brand dissing the other. If it's comparative, it's always generic brand vs. our brand.

mistahsnart

New Challenger
American advertising thrives on it. Best known recent example would be the "I'm a Mac" commercials.

But we're capitalist assholes. It's what we do. :glee:

Status
Not open for further replies.