Do you like Trump as President?

Marek

Banned
He has veto power and the power to appoint and direct administrative heads. A clear example of the potency of the POTUS for good or evil is the appointment of Nikki Haley to U.N. ambassador, and his directives to her that have isolated the US, rankled our worthwhile allies, and appealed our terrorist allies.

And the power to appoint judges who think the bill of rights is a line item spreadsheet of the national debt is not merely beauty contestant tier.

Monkey with a machine is only great in a vacuum like Metal Slug. Not in real life.

Exactly.

Lithy has always been a bit of a political nihilist masquerading as a libertarian.

The argument that he's good for having "shaken things up" and "opened people's eyes" falls on deaf ears to me.

We're talking damage that, while not irreparable up to this point, is cutting to the core of what democracy even means to our politico class.

The one upside is that the GOP has made a deal with the devil. Once Trump goes down, so does their entire shit castle. I fucking hate every one of them, especially the ones like Susan Collins.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Exactly.

Lithy has always been a bit of a political nihilist masquerading as a libertarian.

The argument that he's good for having "shaken things up" and "opened people's eyes" falls on deaf ears to me.

We're talking damage that, while not irreparable up to this point, is cutting to the core of what democracy even means to our politico class.

The one upside is that the GOP has made a deal with the devil. Once Trump goes down, so does their entire shit castle. I fucking hate every one of them, especially the ones like Susan Collins.

And what exactly has he vetoed? He's failed to get even his most basic campaign banner bills to his desk, he doesn't have to worry about vetoing anything. Until 2019 at least.

Personally I'm fine with rankling all of our allies. Maybe it can bring the federal government's attention back home.

As for the judge appointments, I am still not as appalled by what I read from Gorsich as it seems like you and Poppy are. In fact, I think I was on record already saying I think that appointment was the best thing he's done so far. We'll chalk this one up to differences in ideology rather than accepting incompetency.

I didn't necessarily say that he's 'good', I only said I liked him as president. Clinton gets in and nothing changes on either side. You can't with a straight face tell me that Democrats or Republicans would have done similar soul searching down to their core platforms if Hillary wins. As of now, once Trump is done, there will be some serious realigning of the powers in the GOP. Most of the legislators seem to just be following the banner at the moment, but it is generally clear that they aren't excited, they just can't give in to the Dems. The Dems have somewhat regalvanized their support and it seems like their rallying cry is 'If only we had Hillary". Unfortunate I think, because I do think the Sanders movement had some merit just like Kucinich a couple cycles before, but instead we can look back, brush aside all of the serious concerns that Democrats themselves had about Clinton and say "Oh, what a time it would have been to be alive with Clinton in the Oval Office! If only."

Clinton ran a coronation not a campaign and lost because of it. Trump ran a circus not a campaign and won because of it. Hillary, the 'ultimate politician' got outmaneuvered by a schlub that can't even button his jacket when he is standing and wears his ties down to his fly. This was Bush/Gore round 2, except everything was turned up to 11. Trump makes up words at a rate that makes W jealish. Clinton is a more wooden Gore with no Nobel Prize on the horizon.

Maybe he really is senile and he'll be drooling during public appearances by 2020, but he was still shrewder than Hillary.

Marek

Banned
You're not revealing anything insightful about the campaigns, who won and why.

The dems are fucking retarded to be sure. Hillary was a god awful choice and they knew it.

Gorsuch is an absolute disaster and you should look into him more. Fuck that guy.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
And what exactly has he vetoed? He's failed to get even his most basic campaign banner bills to his desk, he doesn't have to worry about vetoing anything. Until 2019 at least.

Personally I'm fine with rankling all of our allies. Maybe it can bring the federal government's attention back home.

As for the judge appointments, I am still not as appalled by what I read from Gorsich as it seems like you and Poppy are. In fact, I think I was on record already saying I think that appointment was the best thing he's done so far. We'll chalk this one up to differences in ideology rather than accepting incompetency.

I didn't necessarily say that he's 'good', I only said I liked him as president. Clinton gets in and nothing changes on either side. You can't with a straight face tell me that Democrats or Republicans would have done similar soul searching down to their core platforms if Hillary wins. As of now, once Trump is done, there will be some serious realigning of the powers in the GOP. Most of the legislators seem to just be following the banner at the moment, but it is generally clear that they aren't excited, they just can't give in to the Dems. The Dems have somewhat regalvanized their support and it seems like their rallying cry is 'If only we had Hillary". Unfortunate I think, because I do think the Sanders movement had some merit just like Kucinich a couple cycles before, but instead we can look back, brush aside all of the serious concerns that Democrats themselves had about Clinton and say "Oh, what a time it would have been to be alive with Clinton in the Oval Office! If only."

Clinton ran a coronation not a campaign and lost because of it. Trump ran a circus not a campaign and won because of it. Hillary, the 'ultimate politician' got outmaneuvered by a schlub that can't even button his jacket when he is standing and wears his ties down to his fly. This was Bush/Gore round 2, except everything was turned up to 11. Trump makes up words at a rate that makes W jealish. Clinton is a more wooden Gore with no Nobel Prize on the horizon.

Maybe he really is senile and he'll be drooling during public appearances by 2020, but he was still shrewder than Hillary.

Such shrewdness. He must be like, uh, a genius.

I agree that both sides have major problems. I don’t think Trump has improved the situation.

What are you end goals? I mean, what do you hope will happen in order for the system to be corrected?

This can’t be it.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
My view on Trump as an outsider is... he's prob the worst president in living memory...

You can argue that he's shown how devisive the USA is... but now you have a guy in charge who has no real understanding of how the World works...

I view him as a Bible salesman in the 1940's... trying to sell you a story of how you will go to hell if you don't purchase his goods...

xROTx

PS. The USAs "rep and clout" around the World will take decades to build up again after this... i assume China will buy most of the US debts and own it by proxy by then...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The administration is dedicated to the principals of white supremacy. It seeths in nearly everything they do.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Mike Pence?????

Oprah?

In all seriousness, if you are treating this like football, then a Clinton loss is probably way better for Democrats than a victory would have been. Clinton would have been a weak president, opposed by the house for the first half of her term, and almost certainly both chambers for the second half. The 2020 census would have been like amplified feedback of the 2010 census, and Democrats would have been focused on keeping Clinton afloat, further neglecting national and state contests.

That doesn't mean there's going to be any soul searching in either party. Or, if there is soul searching, it doesn't mean that what the parties find there will be any good. We could go back further, but losses in 2006 and 2008 didn't produce a better GOP. 2010 and 2014 didn't teach the Democrats a hell of a lot. (And Democrats are dumb enough to fuck up 2020.)

Like, there's a distinction between liking Trump as president and thinking he's a good president. The opposition party has reason to like him as POTUS. Erik Prince has reason to like Trump as president. People who want a shift toward multipolarity in global politics have reasons to like Trump as president. You have to be driven by maliciousness, boredom, or stupidity to think he's doing a good job, though.

Last edited:

lithy

20 Year Member
Such shrewdness. He must be like, uh, a genius.

I agree that both sides have major problems. I don’t think Trump has improved the situation.

What are you end goals? I mean, what do you hope will happen in order for the system to be corrected?

This can’t be it.

I'm not quite as sure. I definitely agree that Trump has not improved (and has probably deepened) divisiveness between Trump and Democrats, but behind the scenes it seems like the day to day GOP and Democrats are getting along just as they have for at least 20 years. Putting on a big to-do for the media on certain fronts while quietly passing the same shit they do all the time.

So, end goals? I don't know, I guess I'm hopeful that Trump's election woke more people up. I think with all the back-patting for putting a black man in office, the average young voter was complacent this round (again, not helped by the perception/reality that Sanders got torpedoed by Clinton). I guess we'll have to see who runs is the next go though. I wouldn't think Trump and Biden in 2020 would get people excited. Make it Trump and Oprah and then we can just go full on reality television. Kid Rock and Jay-Z can be VP candidates.

lithy

20 Year Member
Soon...

an133388651prototypes-for-u.jpg

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
What if he just keeps soliciting section samples and finally connects them together? It's the ultimate scam on contractors!

Like assembling a bunch of samples from the food court to create a filling, balanced meal.

lithy

20 Year Member
What if he just keeps soliciting section samples and finally connects them together? It's the ultimate scam on contractors!

And since Mexicans do most of the construction work in the southwest, then effectively Mexico built the wall!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Will it be seen from outer space, like that other wall? I hope the supreme people at NADA will answer that before 2020. Guess it's wait and wonder until then.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Exactly.

The one upside is that the GOP has made a deal with the devil. Once Trump goes down, so does their entire shit castle..

no it doesnt. remember- the dems barely beat a pedophile in AL.

congress will remain split as it has been . party lines. urban vs rural. maybe some seats switch in more purple spots, but for the rest- blue stays blue. red stays red.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Trump should sell advertising space on the wall, like the track walls at a NASCAR race. Maybe that would pay for it.

Edit: He could sell ad space on both sides, too. Jimmy Dean Sausage on one side, Rosarita Refried Beans on the other.

Marek

Banned
no it doesnt. remember- the dems barely beat a pedophile in AL.

congress will remain split as it has been . party lines. urban vs rural. maybe some seats switch in more purple spots, but for the rest- blue stays blue. red stays red.

Disagree.

A bunch of these fucks are going to jail.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Disagree.

A bunch of these fucks are going to jail.

That may or may not happen, but you really think Alabama, Mississippi, Kansas, Wyoming .. etc.. will turn blue? You're dreaming.

This was yesterday in kansas:

Last edited: