Thread: Anyone able to soft/hard mod a Japanese (NTSC-J) XBOX?

Crazed MVS Addict

Anyone able to soft/hard mod a Japanese (NTSC-J) XBOX?

I have a board revision 1.6 japanese original XBOX that Id like to softmod but I cannot find the requisite games (Asian versions of Splinter Cell, Mech Assault/ some others) So I was wondering if someone had any experience doing this? Or I suppose they could do it via a hotswap mod or a modchip, Id be fine with any of these methods, but I myself cannot (I dont have a PC to do the hotswap etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Capitalistix; 12-27-2017 at 04:34 AM.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

You don't need a physical switch on the Gamecube. With a Xeno chip installed it will boot any game from any region. it's probably easier to install than an actual region switch.

Dogg-Father

Yeah the Xeno chip is easy fix. I think I have an extra freeloader disc you could have, let me find it. Unless you were wanting to just play back-ups.

Edit: Found my Freeloader, it's for US systems only. I can put a xeno chip in your system if you want...

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...highlight=xeno
    Last edited by Neodogg; 12-26-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Crazed MVS Addict

Thank you guys very much, before checking up on this thread I got to looking into Xeno installs and actually bought a laser assembly of of someone who'd already installed the chip, so Ill just swap that one in my cube. Again, thank you guys for the info! And thank you for looking for the freeloader too Neodogg! I appreciate it!

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

One thing with the Xeno, if you look at the instructions for testing it it tells you that the LED on the chip will flash different colors depending on if it's working or not. On the current chips this is a lie, the LED doesn't change colors. I reinstalled my chip like 5 times before I finally just threw a burned copy of F-Zero GX and found that it worked fine.

Thread Information