KOF '98

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I usually play once in awhile KOF 94, but I'll have to give the rest of the series a shot. Not very good at fighting games, how often do you guys play fighting games?

Atleast a few times a week. I love being able to hop in and play a few rounds when I dont have much time.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I usually play once in awhile KOF 94, but I'll have to give the rest of the series a shot. Not very good at fighting games, how often do you guys play fighting games?

at least three times a week. usually a kof game but i do switch to some capcom fighters from time to time.

was playing marvel vs street fighter a lot the past three weeks. have to play as my favourite street fighter character ken once in a while.

Last edited:

neomeo

New Challenger
I so want to learn how to play kof 98. The animation is awesome. There needs to be a bigger community in so cal. When I was in China in 2014 so many people were playing still kof.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I so want to learn how to play kof 98. The animation is awesome. There needs to be a bigger community in so cal. When I was in China in 2014 so many people were playing still kof.

it's been a dead genre in the west for a long time.

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
Yeah, FPS killed gaming and no other AAA developer wants to take a chance on anything except some faggot clone of a clone of a clone of some popular FPS. Gaming has fucking died long ago, which is why retro has blown up in the last decade.

Nintendo is the exception to the rule. Nintendo is like a modern day SNK and Sega all wrapped into one. At least they take chances. Alot of their ideas suck, but chances nonetheless.

I'm hard pressed to name any other platformer that was made by a AAA company in 2017 other than Mario Odyssey. Capcom needs to seriously quit milking Street Fighter as well. SNK may have their KOF series but at least they take chances with it and it's not the only thing SNK is known for. Capcom? More like Crapcom.

</slightly offtopic>

Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
You have to admit that it's the best fighting game ever made and the best game on the Neo Geo hands down.
The best fighters on the Neo Geo are Last Blade, Last Blade 2, and Mark of the Wolves. Without a shadow of doubt.

I think KOF '98 is one of the best KOF games (but I prefer KOF '96, as its the only one where you can play as the AOF/FF bosses- Mr Big, Krauser, Geese Howard). KOF '98 is a dream match, so it has a lot of characters to play as, and it has Rugal as the final boss. I think that Rugal (especially in '94) is not necessarily as cheap as other KOF bosses. Or at least, it's possible to beat him in '94 (on MVS difficulty) if you play your cards right. The other bosses in KOF games are totally cheap, you can only beat them if you have worked out for yourself, or studied on the net, the right cheap tactics to beat them.

edit: can someone please give me a 10 year badge?

Last edited:

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
I think it’s what you played first, Last Blade and Mark of the wolves to me aren’t even in the same league as 98 but that’s probably because I started playing KOF when it came out and followed the series, 98 being the highlight.

HeyItMe

n00b
I agree 98 is by far the best one. It has so many characters and is the most versatile for 2player gaming. As for single player its a bit easier than 94 95 and 96, the previous all seemed to have snk boss syndrome with every character. I forget which one had you fight Rugal in the underwater base 3 vs 1 . That one was awesome and rough as nails

Ip Man

15 Year Member
98 was where you fight rugal in the underwater base.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
The best there is
the best there was
& the best there ever will be

26067816848_6bebdb9344_b.jpg

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
The best there is
the best there was
& the best there ever will be

26067816848_6bebdb9344_b.jpg

Kid, I like your style ;)

Super Turbo is the only Capcom fighter that is in the league of KOF98.

I've seen legions of KOF players over Street Fighter ones in Europe arcades, in Brazil, in Macau, in Hong Kong, in Thailand, in Japan (there's maybe a tie in here).

Street Fighter II was the fighting game. Until good competition came from late 93 onwards.

Alphas are excellent in my book, but noone plays them in the arcades while people still do with ST. It's a dead debate. The fighting games world isn't just North America.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Kid, I like your style ;)

Super Turbo is the only Capcom fighter that is in the league of KOF98.

I've seen legions of KOF players over Street Fighter ones in Europe arcades, in Brazil, in Macau, in Hong Kong, in Thailand, in Japan (there's maybe a tie in here).

Street Fighter II was the fighting game. Until good competition came from late 93 onwards.

Alphas are excellent in my book, but noone plays them in the arcades while people still do with ST. It's a dead debate. The fighting games world isn't just North America.

to be honest though. astro. in the 90's here in the uk, people always took capcom fighters over snk. only until the 2000's did people lean more towards snk.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
to be honest though. astro. in the 90's here in the uk, people always took capcom fighters over snk. only until the 2000's did people lean more towards snk.

Tell that to Ryan Hart ;)