Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KOF '98

Sho's Rival

Quote Originally Posted by ovalfastlx View Post
    I usually play once in awhile KOF 94, but I'll have to give the rest of the series a shot. Not very good at fighting games, how often do you guys play fighting games?
    Atleast a few times a week. I love being able to hop in and play a few rounds when I dont have much time.

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ovalfastlx View Post
    I usually play once in awhile KOF 94, but I'll have to give the rest of the series a shot. Not very good at fighting games, how often do you guys play fighting games?
    at least three times a week. usually a kof game but i do switch to some capcom fighters from time to time.

was playing marvel vs street fighter a lot the past three weeks. have to play as my favourite street fighter character ken once in a while.
    Last edited by Bogard; 01-17-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Lazy SNK Employee

I so want to learn how to play kof 98. The animation is awesome. There needs to be a bigger community in so cal. When I was in China in 2014 so many people were playing still kof.

Quote Originally Posted by neomeo View Post
    I so want to learn how to play kof 98. The animation is awesome. There needs to be a bigger community in so cal. When I was in China in 2014 so many people were playing still kof.
    it's been a dead genre in the west for a long time.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Yeah, FPS killed gaming and no other AAA developer wants to take a chance on anything except some faggot clone of a clone of a clone of some popular FPS. Gaming has fucking died long ago, which is why retro has blown up in the last decade.

Nintendo is the exception to the rule. Nintendo is like a modern day SNK and Sega all wrapped into one. At least they take chances. Alot of their ideas suck, but chances nonetheless.

I'm hard pressed to name any other platformer that was made by a AAA company in 2017 other than Mario Odyssey. Capcom needs to seriously quit milking Street Fighter as well. SNK may have their KOF series but at least they take chances with it and it's not the only thing SNK is known for. Capcom? More like Crapcom.

</slightly offtopic>
    Last edited by NeoGeo64; 01-19-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Akari's Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGeo64 View Post
    You have to admit that it's the best fighting game ever made and the best game on the Neo Geo hands down.
    The best fighters on the Neo Geo are Last Blade, Last Blade 2, and Mark of the Wolves. Without a shadow of doubt.

I think KOF '98 is one of the best KOF games (but I prefer KOF '96, as its the only one where you can play as the AOF/FF bosses- Mr Big, Krauser, Geese Howard). KOF '98 is a dream match, so it has a lot of characters to play as, and it has Rugal as the final boss. I think that Rugal (especially in '94) is not necessarily as cheap as other KOF bosses. Or at least, it's possible to beat him in '94 (on MVS difficulty) if you play your cards right. The other bosses in KOF games are totally cheap, you can only beat them if you have worked out for yourself, or studied on the net, the right cheap tactics to beat them.

edit: can someone please give me a 10 year badge?
    Last edited by joe8; 01-22-2018 at 01:49 AM.
    Shock Troopers high score- 17,364,600

Sieger's Squire

I think it’s what you played first, Last Blade and Mark of the wolves to me aren’t even in the same league as 98 but that’s probably because I started playing KOF when it came out and followed the series, 98 being the highlight.
    Fight war not wars.

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    it's been a dead genre in the west for a long time.
    There's always fightcade.

I agree 98 is by far the best one. It has so many characters and is the most versatile for 2player gaming. As for single player its a bit easier than 94 95 and 96, the previous all seemed to have snk boss syndrome with every character. I forget which one had you fight Rugal in the underwater base 3 vs 1 . That one was awesome and rough as nails

98 was where you fight rugal in the underwater base.

Tung's Hair Stylist

The best there is
    the best there was
    & the best there ever will be

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerrminator View Post
    The best there is
    the best there was
    & the best there ever will be

Kid, I like your style

Super Turbo is the only Capcom fighter that is in the league of KOF98.

I've seen legions of KOF players over Street Fighter ones in Europe arcades, in Brazil, in Macau, in Hong Kong, in Thailand, in Japan (there's maybe a tie in here).

Street Fighter II was the fighting game. Until good competition came from late 93 onwards.

Alphas are excellent in my book, but noone plays them in the arcades while people still do with ST. It's a dead debate. The fighting games world isn't just North America.

Quote Originally Posted by Atro View Post
    Kid, I like your style

Super Turbo is the only Capcom fighter that is in the league of KOF98.

I've seen legions of KOF players over Street Fighter ones in Europe arcades, in Brazil, in Macau, in Hong Kong, in Thailand, in Japan (there's maybe a tie in here).

Street Fighter II was the fighting game. Until good competition came from late 93 onwards.

Alphas are excellent in my book, but noone plays them in the arcades while people still do with ST. It's a dead debate. The fighting games world isn't just North America.
    to be honest though. astro. in the 90's here in the uk, people always took capcom fighters over snk. only until the 2000's did people lean more towards snk.

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    to be honest though. astro. in the 90's here in the uk, people always took capcom fighters over snk. only until the 2000's did people lean more towards snk.
    Tell that to Ryan Hart

Mickey's Coach

Check out this match Korea's #1 KOF player NL 1P vs China's #1 player 2P in KOF 98 UM.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQrG-QfKZ2o&t=218s
    +

Thread Information