Baseball Stars Pocket cover variant

Jamie

NEST Puppet
I've noticed a copy of Baseball Stars Pocket Color with a cover variant that i've never seen before. The logo is the same as the B&W NEOP0007 version, without the word Color in the title, however it has the Color logo at the bottom indicating this is a colour release.

b5aq4kWl.jpg

The spine logo is also the same as the black and white release, without the word Color in the title, but has the correct number NEOP0025 numbering for the colour release and has the supported by NGP Color logo at the top.

Ra7mDRTl.jpg

The back is completely different to any b&w and colour releases that i've seen before.

oqz4Gfbl.jpg

The manual, cartridge and papers looks to be the same as the standard colour release.

Has anyone seen this variant before? Is it legit?

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Seems it is an European version? CE logo et all

Jamie

NEST Puppet
It is the Euro version of the game, however the cover is different to the usual Euro release cover. The game should be called Baseball Stars Color and as in the pictures it's just Baseball Stars.

Here is the normal Euro cover

pcCdYlPl.jpg

And the spine and back

2TFHvl2l.jpg

Jamie

NEST Puppet
This is the English black and white release, which looks the same as the game in the top post, but without the colour logo in between the link cable and meg count icons. It also says 16 rather than 8Megs.

3s0YbLZl.jpg

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
It is the Euro version of the game, however the cover is different to the usual Euro release cover. The game should be called Baseball Stars Color and as in the pictures it's just Baseball Stars.

Here is the normal Euro cover

pcCdYlPl.jpg

And the spine and back

2TFHvl2l.jpg

How was this packaged? It has no barcode on it. Was it included with a system or did it have an outer package? It also seems strange that there is no ELSPA on it, perhaps there was more games that were re-released with ELSPA ratings.

Jamie

NEST Puppet
Not sure, this is a pic from that i found on the internet, however my copy is exactly the same. Just checked some of my other games and they also have no barcode or ELSPA rating, Samurai Shodown, Metal Slug, KOF R2, all early releases. If i remember correctly there were barcode stickers on the games that i bought when the console was released. Maybe there were some limited re releases with barcodes and ratings on the cover. However i can't find any pics of the top cover anywhere on the internet.

Last edited:

Jamie

NEST Puppet
Couple of shots of my Metal Slug, barcode and ELPA rating on stickers on the front, nothing on the back

TSFHOOal.jpg

I1DUqykl.jpg

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of them out there to begin with, the regular version with the box on EU ebay. The one you have the pics from is on Ebay, and there is one other on some other classifieds type website that was sold some time ago. It is possible it is the same one. I have already once tried to figure out some NGPC games... such as Samurai Shodown 2 which has two covers for some reason. These game releases aren't documented very well, and the volume online is also very low so it is impossible to determine things based on that.

Jamie

NEST Puppet
They are different games, the game in the original post is NEOP0025 which is the color game, and the game in post 4 is of the English black and white release NEOP0007.

Last edited:

Jamie

NEST Puppet
Found another copy like this searching through some completed listings on Ebay, looks like it's official and just a cover variant, probably as above they did a re release of some games at some point and added barcodes and ratings .