Thread: Baseball Stars Pocket cover variant

Cham Cham's Banana

Baseball Stars Pocket cover variant

I've noticed a copy of Baseball Stars Pocket Color with a cover variant that i've never seen before. The logo is the same as the B&W NEOP0007 version, without the word Color in the title, however it has the Color logo at the bottom indicating this is a colour release.

The spine logo is also the same as the black and white release, without the word Color in the title, but has the correct number NEOP0025 numbering for the colour release and has the supported by NGP Color logo at the top.

The back is completely different to any b&w and colour releases that i've seen before.

The manual, cartridge and papers looks to be the same as the standard colour release.

Has anyone seen this variant before? Is it legit?

ネオジオ

Seems it is an European version? CE logo et all
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

Cham Cham's Banana

It is the Euro version of the game, however the cover is different to the usual Euro release cover. The game should be called Baseball Stars Color and as in the pictures it's just Baseball Stars.

Here is the normal Euro cover

And the spine and back

Cham Cham's Banana

This is the English black and white release, which looks the same as the game in the top post, but without the colour logo in between the link cable and meg count icons. It also says 16 rather than 8Megs.

Last edited by Jamie; 12-22-2017 at 08:22 AM.

赤裸裸的汽車人

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    It is the Euro version of the game, however the cover is different to the usual Euro release cover. The game should be called Baseball Stars Color and as in the pictures it's just Baseball Stars.

Here is the normal Euro cover

And the spine and back

How was this packaged? It has no barcode on it. Was it included with a system or did it have an outer package? It also seems strange that there is no ELSPA on it, perhaps there was more games that were re-released with ELSPA ratings.

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.
    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Cham Cham's Banana

Not sure, this is a pic from that i found on the internet, however my copy is exactly the same. Just checked some of my other games and they also have no barcode or ELSPA rating, Samurai Shodown, Metal Slug, KOF R2, all early releases. If i remember correctly there were barcode stickers on the games that i bought when the console was released. Maybe there were some limited re releases with barcodes and ratings on the cover. However i can't find any pics of the top cover anywhere on the internet.
    Last edited by Jamie; 12-22-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Cham Cham's Banana

Couple of shots of my Metal Slug, barcode and ELPA rating on stickers on the front, nothing on the back

赤裸裸的汽車人

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of them out there to begin with, the regular version with the box on EU ebay. The one you have the pics from is on Ebay, and there is one other on some other classifieds type website that was sold some time ago. It is possible it is the same one. I have already once tried to figure out some NGPC games... such as Samurai Shodown 2 which has two covers for some reason. These game releases aren't documented very well, and the volume online is also very low so it is impossible to determine things based on that.

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.
    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Cham Cham's Banana

They are different games, the game in the original post is NEOP0025 which is the color game, and the game in post 4 is of the English black and white release NEOP0007.
    Last edited by Jamie; 12-22-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Cham Cham's Banana

Found another copy like this searching through some completed listings on Ebay, looks like it's official and just a cover variant, probably as above they did a re release of some games at some point and added barcodes and ratings .

Thread Information