Thread: Aero Fighters 2

Bashful Neophyte

Aero Fighters 2

Just wondering what the hell it is. Label is paper, glued over another paper label that looks Japanese. Any ideas what it is? The board matches the scan from http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Aero_Fighters_2 and has the same mod. What is it?

Edit: Sticker says "MH ASSOSIATES" 800-843-5487 TESTED", and has "9-20-96" written on it in red pen, along with "OK" and what looks like "AM".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by afs189; 12-21-2017 at 08:34 PM.

2017 n00b of the
    YEAR WINNER!

Check the board scans for the game. Should be able to tell from that if it's legit.
    Spice god of Borneo...my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart

Ops were well known for printing their own labels for games. But that's also a rental cart so it may have been something else at some point. But rest assured, that's a legit cart. Looking at what you've shown of the label I'm sure that's Areofighters 2 in japanese. Now go play one of the best shooties on the Neo.

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Ops were well known for printing their own labels for games. But that's also a rental cart so it may have been something else at some point. But rest assured, that's a legit cart. Looking at what you've shown of the label I'm sure that's Areofighters 2 in japanese. Now go play one of the best shooties on the Neo.
    That's good news. I'm sorry, but what's "Ops"?

Quote Originally Posted by afs189 View Post
    That's good news. I'm sorry, but what's "Ops"?
    Arcade operators.

Windjammers Wonder

Yea its just an english label on top of the japanese label. You can see the kana for "SO" in your picture which is the first part of "Sonic Wings" which was the japanese name for the game.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by afs189 View Post
    Just wondering what the hell it is. Label is paper, glued over another paper label that looks Japanese. Any ideas what it is? The board matches the scan from http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Aero_Fighters_2 and has the same mod. What is it?

Edit: Sticker says "MH ASSOSIATES" 800-843-5487 TESTED", and has "9-20-96" written on it in red pen, along with "OK" and what looks like "AM".
    Thanks for the laugh.

Thread Information