Thread: Laptop Battery Repair

CPS2 Person.

Laptop Battery Repair

So does anyone have the software to reset and reinitialize battery packs after you change the cells.

Modern battery packs are like cps2 boards, once the voltage drops to zero the pack dies. Putting in new cells alone will not revive it, the pack eeprom must be reset with software such as be2works.com

Throne of Games

Quote Originally Posted by darksoft View Post
    Don't hide it, you are angry beacuse if a multiboot is made, you will not be the only one that can Play Progear

CPS2 Person.

The only way that I will be able to justify spending $200 for software to reboot my single battery pack is to offer to do the same for at least 4 other people for $25 plus the cost of new cells. Any takers. This is obviously a very very niche need for people who have old laptop that they need for which no new pack can be found.

Throne of Games

Don't hide it, you are angry beacuse if a multiboot is made, you will not be the only one that can Play Progear

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Can you do this for old MacBook batteries and how much is a cell?

CPS2 Person.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    Can you do this for old MacBook batteries and how much is a cell?
    Depends on the BMS chipset. Need the model number of the MacBook. Good 18650 cells Panasonic are $45 for six cells
    Last edited by mainman; 01-06-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Throne of Games

Galford's Armourer

AFAIK nobody had cracked how to do this yet on post 2009 macbooks. Id love to be wrong about that as I have half a dozen batts that need it.
    MY WEBSITE:

CPS2 Person.

Do you know the make of the micro controller used in the mac battery pack

Throne of Games

Galford's Armourer

Nope. Thanks to some complete dumbass at Defcon 2011 Apple has now started keeping the IC info under lock and key and epoxying the hell out of it. Some guy reverse engineered the 2009 batteries and showed that you trick the SMC into overcharging them which *maybe* (and most probably not at all) would make them catch fire / blow up. This could be done remotely (he showed) and so could be this super terrible threat.

Then this dumbass proceeded to notify apple about this "threat." Needless to say consumer and industry panic began and now these batteries are protected from hacking like fort knox.
    MY WEBSITE:

Thread Information