GAME GIVEAWAY-WHAT IS IT THIS TIME!??!?!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Hey, everybody. Been a while since I did this and there's a game out there that I feel merits a playthrough. This game hasn't been getting the attention I feel it deserves so I want to do something nice for the site for Christmas and have a game lottery.

This time I'm going to be giving away a brand new copy of THE EVIL WITHIN 2:

The Evil Within 2.jpg

This game has blown me away and defied my expectations, especially considering I didn't care for the first one at all. This is a magnificent game that I really think more people should try so I'm doing my part.

The rules are what they've always been-

1.) Please do not enter your name into the lottery if you already have the game.
2.) Please do not bid on the game just to flip it.
3.) Your NG.com profile must have existed prior to the date that this post went live.
4.) One entry per participant.
5.) You must own one of the platforms that this game is available for (PS4, XB1, Windows)
6.) I will only pay for shipping of a physical copy in the US. If you want a physical copy and you live outside the US, you will have to pay for shipping and you'll be getting a US verison of the game-make sure your system can run it.

All you have to do to enter is post in this thread that you want to join in. Once the winner is determined, I'll discuss the details in PM with them and we'll determine whether they want a physical or digital copy of the game and which platform.

I'll let this one go at least until Christmas day. When it's done, I'll randomly determine the winner. I MAY extend to New Year's Day. We'll see how it goes.

This is my way of saying thanks to the NG.com community for continuing to be my home on the internet, while at the same time spreading awareness of a video game that I believe people should be playing.

It begins now. Good luck!

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
Loved The Evil Within 1, been hearing good thing about 2. Consider me entered!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Super awesome of you bro! Count me in please!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I really did love the first game. I very much remember you not caring for it and us getting into some mild disagreement over it.

So I take it this game is leagues better?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I really did love the first game. I very much remember you not caring for it and us getting into some mild disagreement over it.

So I take it this game is leagues better?

Yep. It's my game of 2017.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Best of luck folks!

Full review expected after delivery!!

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Only heard good things about this game so I'd be up for giving it a shot. Count me in.

Either lamestation or xbone would be fine for me. Whatever it'd be better on.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've been meaning to play part 2, so count me in please. I'd be happy with a digital copy.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm in Taiso. Thanks for doing this. Survival Horror is still one my favorite gaming genres and still haven't purchased this one yet.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Wow, that is a ringing Taiso endorsement! I passed on the first and because of everything said about it, I didn't pay 2 any mind. On this endorsement alone, I'm very intrigued. I'd like to join this raffle if I may.

Thanks for all the great reviews Taiso, I count myself amongst the number of folks here that pay attention to what you have to say and find your reviews and insight valuable.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Wow...very cool. Tried to grab a copy on Black Friday, but missed out.
I'd like to throw my hat in the ring.
And thank you!
I've got both consoles, so either is fine!

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I have yet to find destiny offering her bosom so that I may drink the milk that is a Taiso giveaway. This, friends, is my time.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I'd like to get in on this. XBO or PS4, physical. Thanks!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Wow, that is a ringing Taiso endorsement! I passed on the first and because of everything said about it, I didn't pay 2 any mind. On this endorsement alone, I'm very intrigued. I'd like to join this raffle if I may.

Thanks for all the great reviews Taiso, I count myself amongst the number of folks here that pay attention to what you have to say and find your reviews and insight valuable.

Thanks for the kind words. When I first started coming here and opining, I was genuinely enthusiastic about stuff. I argued my position because I loved the material being discussed.

Then I started practicing my critical voice here, refining my ideas and how I examine the things I am evaluating. I really studied my own methods and techniques, and started comparing my method and approach to the big name critics out there. What was I doing right? What was I doing wrong? Could I even recognize greatness in art? Was I even capable of separating the wheat from the chaff, or was I just another fanboy with an opinion and time to reinforce my views with research?

Now I know I come off like a very stodgy old fuck, demanding of my entertainment only that it be worth the time to consume and that it at least attempt to be well intentioned as art. But the view I've taken about my uncompromising taste these days is that if I can blast something with the fires of scrutiny and it still survives, I can accept it as worthy even if there are flaws in it.

Neo-Geo.com is the place where I learned how to do this. Much like learning how to climb a tree by scaling the oak in your back yard or swim by wading into your friend's pool to teach yourself how to swim, this place is a major contributing factor to my writing and I don't think I can ever separate myself from that. Nor would I want to.

Giveaways like this are, I guess, my way of recognizing that.

Last edited:

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Not throwing my name as I haven't played the first, but wanted to just comment that this was a very kind gesture!

Best of luck to those in!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
came for dead island giveaway. leaving disappointed.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
came for dead island giveaway. leaving disappointed.

I will be doing a Bubsy The Woolies Strike Back PS4 Giveaway soon, so stay tuned for that.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Please count me in. I've never won anything in my life....fingers crossed.