Sony PSP: Anyone try the Micro SD to Duo Adapters?

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I've been using the duo stick adapters with absolutely 0 problems.
definitely recommended

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've been using the duo adapter for ages now. It's built pretty cheap so I wouldn't handle it too much, but it's always worked great.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've been using the duo adapter for ages now. It's built pretty cheap so I wouldn't handle it too much, but it's always worked great.

This. I'm using one that I purchased from Amazon years ago. It does the job but the build quality is crap. I think mine came apart a little when I removed it to swap some cards. Never touched it again.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I bought several a couple years ago.
I read reports of knockoffs running rampant so I bought them all from different sellers.
All of them seems fake because only only port at a time works, it's ok because i decided to go with one 32gb card anyways.
It seems that if I load it up with too many games it totally crashes or pulls up the game list realll slow.
That's about 40-50+ games anyways, you get tired of them take out the sd card carefully (read above) and pop it on your computer and swap some stuff out.
Too easy

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Ive used them for years. The main one i have has a split in it so i cant keep removing it. its been sitting in my PSP for about 5 years now

Those things can be fragile so you got to be careful with them. Outside of that I havent had issue

Genki

n00b
I did have an issue when I tried to format a 128GB in my PSP. It was filled with 50GB after format and when I looked into it, I was greeted with garbage:
vRBtCMr.jpg

Since Windows won't allow FAT32 formatting, I had to use a formatter program, have the memory card in PSP and connected via USB to format it as a fickin' large FAT32 drive. No problem since then.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
yep, using them both.
keep in mind, the former card being a doubler requires the user to have mcsd's of the same dimensions all round, including class and capacity.
treat that instance as you would computer ram, two of the same mcsd. (joined and flooded by os format. look up fat32 formatter gui xp os for sm preparations.)
the latter card on the op is a plain adaptor, and is the least to troubleshoot.
the doubler has 2x 128g class 10 mcsd'a formatted in fat32. (256g merged volume capacity, FIXED.)
the adaptor has a single mcsd at same as above, no issues to date.
pro-tip:
once you have a big enough card, use usb or FTP/ad-hoc file transfers to eliminate unnecessary sm removal from the psp, socket preservation and maintenance reasons. :D
[edit]
corrections.

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I did have an issue when I tried to format a 128GB in my PSP. It was filled with 50GB after format and when I looked into it, I was greeted with garbage:

Since Windows won't allow FAT32 formatting, I had to use a formatter program, have the memory card in PSP and connected via USB to format it as a fickin' large FAT32 drive. No problem since then.

Are you sure it's not a bootleg memory card?