Fox (broadcast TV network)
Fox News Channel
Fox Business Channel
Fox Sports One
Fox Sports Two
Big Ten Network
Fox Deportes
News Corp (all Fox's print media stuff)

And Disney gets everything else. FX, FXX, FXM, Fox's share of Hulu (Disney now has 60% with Comcast and WB owning the rest), National Geographic, all of Fox's international stations, all of Fox's TV and movie studios, and all of their intellectual property including what they still owned of Star Wars, X-Men, Fantastic Four, the Simpsons, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Avatar, Modern Family... all of it.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
The Simpson's predicted this back in 98. Hope they decide to do more with the Alien franchise and Predator as well.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I'd rather they just give up on the Alien franchise as well as the Predator franchise. Between them, they have three good movies: Alien, Aliens, and Predator. The rest is shit.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'd rather they just give up on the Alien franchise as well as the Predator franchise. Between them, they have three good movies: Alien, Aliens, and Predator. The rest is shit.

Alien 3 and Predators were decent movies. Not brilliant, but certainly not shit.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Alien 3 and Predators were decent movies. Not brilliant, but certainly not shit.

You have to remember that fami thinks 99% of any given thing is shit.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
You have to remember that fami thinks 99% of any given thing is shit.

We also learned recently that fami doesn't like pretentious people, or those that take themselves too seriously.

Or irony, apparently :keke:

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
If they ever make another Marvel vs Capcom at least it'll have some X-Men in it.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
The deal is all but done.

Basically, Disney is buying everything Fox owns EXCEPT:
Fox (broadcast TV network)
Fox News Channel
Fox Business Channel
Fox Sports One
Fox Sports Two
Big Ten Network
Fox Deportes
News Corp (all Fox's print media stuff)

And Disney gets everything else. FX, FXX, FXM, Fox's share of Hulu (Disney now has 60% with Comcast and WB owning the rest), National Geographic, all of Fox's international stations, all of Fox's TV and movie studios, and all of their intellectual property including what they still owned of Star Wars, X-Men, Fantastic Four, the Simpsons, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Avatar, Modern Family... all of it.
Fox and Disney are both quite conservative organizations, so it makes sense that they would join forces.

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,

I've re-watched Predator 2 recently. That movie is so damn ridiculous. I always loved the fact that it's set 7 years in the future from when it was released. It's one of those visions of the future where things keep going to shit, the crime is rampant, it's getting hotter, and guns are starting to get weird, but still shoot bullets instead of lasers.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I'm not familiar with what Disney currently owns. What's their stance on R rated movies?

As someone who enjoyed Fox's Marvel movies far more than anything Marvel Studios made (mainly the Xmen prequels, Deadpool and Logan), I hope they continue to operate independently as they are now. At least to certain degree.

If they ever make another Marvel vs Capcom at least it'll have some X-Men in it.

Rumor already mentioned MvC:I to have XMen as future DLC, along with a graphical overhaul for the game (same rumor source was almost on point regarding SF5 season 3 / AE content).

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Disney is very liberal though.
I don't know what you mean- Disney has always made family-friendly movies. They usually don't have controversial or edgy content in their movies. They're never made an R-rated film.

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I don't know what you mean- Disney has always made family-friendly movies. They usually don't have controversial or edgy content in their movies. They're never made an R-rated film.

Touchtone Pictures was Disney. They kind of kept that fact under the table, but that was the channel they used to release more adult oriented movies. They had a few R rated hits. It was totally Disney though just with a different name slapped on it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Eventually there will only be one media corporation who owns everything.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member

Fox's deal was only for the movie/TV rights. MvCI could've had X-men in it. It just doesn't... either because of Capcom's stupidity or (more likely) Marvel dictating to them that it couldn't.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Disney now owns so many weird things. Supposedly this will give them something like 40% of the movie and television distribution market.

This country's well past due for some trustbusting.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Fox's deal was only for the movie/TV rights. MvCI could've had X-men in it. It just doesn't... either because of Capcom's stupidity or (more likely) Marvel dictating to them that it couldn't.

Thats exacty what happened. Marvel has been trying to dial back X-Men and FF4 licensing and even comics for a few years now.

There was no way they were gonna let Capcom promote Fox properties during that time. Sucks the game didnt get re negotiated before it came out the way it did.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Touchtone Pictures was Disney. They kind of kept that fact under the table, but that was the channel they used to release more adult oriented movies. They had a few R rated hits. It was totally Disney though just with a different name slapped on it.
That's exactly my point, any movie that actually had the Disney logo on it, was family-friendly, and wasn't R-rated.
Probably some of the Fox film series, like Alien, Predator, etc. won't actually have the Disney logo on the movie poster.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Wait a minute! Does that mean Disney also finally has complete distribution rights on A New Hope along with the rest of Fox shared films?

I remember Fox owned the rights forever or something like that. Damn Disney just got full control over quite a few of their properties.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Wait a minute! Does that mean Disney also finally has complete distribution rights on A New Hope along with the rest of Fox shared films?

I remember Fox owned the rights forever or something like that. Damn Disney just got full control over quite a few of their properties.

Yes. They now have full control over Star Wars and Marvel rights.