Hello :)

powerflower

Banned
Hi, long time lurker here.

I'm from Germany and it's freezing. God bless gaming and SCART RGB :-J

To my person. Gamer since Coleco, Collectard since MD. Like MD, Sat, DC, PS1-3, XB/360, Suitcase Engine, SGRFX, LT, GT, JAMMA PCBs and of course :dragf: the NEO/MVS! ...and some other stuff.

PS, my English sucks a little ;)

-Black Fly

Last edited:

powerflower

Banned
Thanks man!

Iv'e a lot of questions and a lot to contribute and to offer. Like what shall I do with my "mint" Brikinger? This game sucks so hard, boooo! On the other hand Pulstar is the only way to shoot on the Neo. Masterpiece :)

powerflower

Banned
Very good question. Actually I tried avoiding the comparison. Have them both AES, love em equally. BLazing is like Leo and Pulstar like R-Type. But i admit what makes Pulstar a little more appealing to me is the sheer diversity and amount of stages, not comparing two different styles. Blazing should have at least two more stages. Blazing is a blast in 2P and Pulstar is more for the me and myself moments :)

As a shooter freak I enjoy all of them as long they're good. Like Gradius, ASOII ;) Irem, Cave, Toaplan, Taito... you know, the good stuff.

Oh, and thanks!

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Very good question. Actually I tried avoiding the comparison. Have them both AES, love em equally. BLazing is like Leo and Pulstar like R-Type. But i admit what makes Pulstar a little more appealing to me is the sheer diversity and amount of stages, not comparing two different styles. Blazing should have at least two more stages. Blazing is a blast in 2P and Pulstar is more for the me and myself moments :)

As a shooter freak I enjoy all of them as long they're good. Like Gradius, ASOII ;) Irem, Cave, Toaplan, Taito... you know, the good stuff.

Oh, and thanks!

What do you think about the Thunder Force series and NGDEV shooters .

Last edited:

powerflower

Banned
Yeah TF...Love them all three on MD. V not so much and 6...even less.

NGDEV, hmmm... something is missing. Kraut Buster could change that.

Look at SöldnerX2 (PS3), a perfect example how Euro shmup is done with outstanding music by Rafael Dyll. Buy it;)

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yeah TF...Love them all three on MD. V not so much and 6...even less.

NGDEV, hmmm... something is missing. Kraut Buster could change that.

Look at SöldnerX2 (PS3), a perfect example how Euro shmup is done with outstanding music by Rafael Dyll. Buy it;)

Yea, 3 and 4 are excellent, never spent much time on 5 but I like 6. Also Agree on NGdev shooters and I do own the Soldner games. Also think Sturmwind is pretty solid.

powerflower

Banned
I even love 2! Every MD part has its own charm. Too bad TecnoSoft lost the plot in transitioning to 32 Bit. V made extensive use of Saturns HW but just for the sake of it which results in very choppy leveldesing and the music is boring.

I have Sturmwind but... I don't know. The weakest of their games. NeoXYZ is their strongest in my opinion.

Please check out SoldnerX2 then you'll see. It's on another level. Amiga scene was very strong in Germany and it reflects perfectly in this game. So much content...

Too many good shmups to discuss:-J

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Pulstar is my favorite, as you said, nice diverse levels. It's hard for sure, and really is like R-type in that it's a full memorization game. Blazing is fun, not denying it, but Pulstar gets my nod for not saying, "BONUS!" every 3 seconds or so. Welcome.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Pulstar is my favorite, as you said, nice diverse levels. It's hard for sure, and really is like R-type in that it's a full memorization game. Blazing is fun, not denying it, but Pulstar gets my nod for not saying, "BONUS!" every 3 seconds or so. Welcome.

I agree with both you guys. When I first played Pulstar I was like WoW. Game is Beautiful but it got pretty freakin hard. Even Cheating threw it was hard but it is one of the best shooters on the Neo. The Bonus! on Blazing is pretty annoying.

Last edited:

powerflower

Banned
Best way to play Pulstar is the CD version which has the exact same soundtrack only in high Q Stereo. Loading times are acceptable me thinks. And yeah what were they thinking with that BONUS?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Best way to play Pulstar is the CD version which has the exact same soundtrack only in high Q Stereo. Loading times are acceptable me thinks. And yeah what were they thinking with that BONUS?

In a game center it's not as loud, there are some arcade games that work like that. Music is usually much lower than the sound effects, so they make them louder so you can hear them over the other games. Progear's ring/gem collect is guilty of this as well.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
I agree with both you guys. When I first played Pulstar I was like WoW. Game is Beautiful but it got pretty freakin hard. Even Cheating threw it was hard but it is one of the best shooters on the Neo. The Bonus! on Blazing is pretty annoying.

Welcome! :buttrock:

I actually ended up growing on the bonus sfx over time it just kinda gave it that familiar yet annoying charm when ever i ended up playing again. That being said it is pretty annoying so I guess i just learned to accept it and learn to enjoy it. GET IT MORE, WOOOOO

powerflower

Banned
@ Panda

I understand the "promotion" of games in noisy arcades. But damn how did the game testers in Blazing survived that process?? Wasn't there any guy who realised how stupid this is? It's like Star Wars and then comes teh Vaddah and "oh the noooooohhhes!!" ...shitting all over it...

At least Yumekobo could have lowered or ELIMINATE that FX for the Home Cart? Because mucho Pesetas for a Neo game?

Last edited: