What do your current employers give to you for the holidays?

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
well I work in a bar, usually comes with some form of gift cart around this time of year.

...and then there's the holiday party, usually new years day or so.
you get 3 bars worth of employees and SOs and tell them "free booze," shit gets weird

fluxcore

Another Striker
xmas dinner party (with open bar), either a gift/prezzy voucher or a food hamper kinda thing.

I'm on-call the weekend of xmas, but our office is closed from xmas day to the 8th. Have to take annual leave for it though.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
We're cheap. Instead of bonuses, there's a drawing at the Christmas party.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
My company throws a pretty swanky all expense paid Xmas party, just so happened to be last night that is the coldest night of the year. So fuck that I didn't go.

Year end bonus is paid first week of January, I got a pretty good one this year so I can't complain.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
They give us like $400.00 in Sept for xmas, then make us take a flu shot. Then ask us to collect moor money.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Let's get real.

What do people expect from their employers for Xmas?

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
We used to have a yearly Christmas party at a restaurant, but school budgets became tighter in the last two or three years, so no party, but we still get some kind of a gift. We work 'till the 21st, we have lunch together, get the gifts and go home. It's back to work on the 8th, and we get full pay during the days in between. I got bonuses when I worked at private companies, but there are no such things in public schools.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Let's get real.

I'm the kind of guy who doesn't expect shit, if we had a chrissy party at the office and drink beer until we're blind then im fine with that. Fuck I don't care if we have it in a park, fuck it it's Australia.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
A holiday lunch, the middle finger and that timeless phrase that is uttered under the breath of every employer worldwide, "Get the fuck back to work maggot...".

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
A holiday lunch, the middle finger and that timeless phrase that is uttered under the breath of every employer worldwide, "Get the fuck back to work maggot...".

Essentially, this. An extended lunch catered by the same people at the same place, year after year, with the same speech of "Well, we had some rough times, but we did well." I hear it was better before I got here. I hear that sentence a lot, actually :lolz: One point is that they used to give a recognition speech for an employee or two at this luncheon, but after my first year, I never heard one.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
My current place is pretty cool. Last few years everyone got $300 bonus, then this year the bonus was reworked to be a "stipend" that was meant to also make people feel a good about their compensation (yet everyone's still getting increases), so it was bumped up.

I got about $1900.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Let's get real.

A membership to the jelly of the month club. Ta the gift that keeps on giving.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Wow...this is a depressing thread, I guess I'm in good company on my SS Depression cruise.

My company is horribly lackluster as well. From 2000-2009, we did nothing. Our owner was a Jehovah's Witness and he made it company policy that no holidays were allowed to be celebrated what so ever.

From 2009 on, we've done either nothing, or next to nothing. Lately it's been an uber awkward lunch the last work day before Christmas. They'll have a drawing for 2 days paid off (not making that up...)

One thing of note, our owner does push us to donate to local charities, bring in donation bins, having "stuff a stocking" things during the work day...ironic figuring he gives us zip. All day today, two employees have been wrapping children's presents to donate to a local home.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
6 days of Holiday Pay.

They just sent out an email that they were going to add one more day. I felt that they were one short.

It used to be 6 days. But then in 2009, they decided to bring it up to 7 and remove a random day off we get in March. But that was also the year that they didn't increase salaries, so they kept the day in march. So for 7 years, we got 7 days + day in march. Looks like this year they "Fixed the Glitch" but nobody was happy about it.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
We get a party with a dinner. Then afterwords we have a drawing to win prizes gift cards, vacation days, a tv, and an iPad usually.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
We just had ours, we got 250 dollar Amazon gift card (went to my newborn daughter and diapers) and food. I'm still happy with that.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
They just sent out an email that they were going to add one more day. I felt that they were one short.

It used to be 6 days. But then in 2009, they decided to bring it up to 7 and remove a random day off we get in March. But that was also the year that they didn't increase salaries, so they kept the day in march. So for 7 years, we got 7 days + day in march. Looks like this year they "Fixed the Glitch" but nobody was happy about it.

nort you've been there a long time, geez, ever thought of job hopping somewhere else? best way to max salary instead of waiting for small annual raises.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Corporate trips. But this past year will probably be one of the last since we are getting too big.