Holy shit. Doug jones wins . First dem senator in Alabama in 25 years.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I think this news is better stated as: "You can run a child molester for senate in Alabama, and still almost win."

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
well, i was on the train home and wanted to post from my phone. but yes- your subject is better.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Certainly doesn't bode well for Republicans up for re-election next year.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It's all part of Trump's MAGA plan to kill the Republican party from within. Thanks Don!

Marek

Banned
I guess I like Sessions a lot more now that his naked ambition and demented world view have paved the way for a major shift in the mindset of congressial vermin republicans, from idgaf maga perpetual winning to survival instincts.

Rats will be jumping ship once they realize they are on the losing end of the current political game.

Jones called them right out, saying go ahead and fund CHIP before I even get there. That's great momentum to bring to congress

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
It is still looking tough for Dems to grab the senate in 2018 but is at least a possibility now. Large senate swings usually go against the party of the incumbent so who knows I guess.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Now let's see if he actually does anything.

Best scenario is that he doesn’t do anything that brings further shame on this country like what Trump has done, or the rest of the GOP, or the retarded people who vote republican.

Yeah, as long as he stays clear of doing anything what those people would do, we should all be a little less worried.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Now let's see if he actually does anything.

If the Democratic part was smart, they would see this as an opportunity to start courting southern voters. Doug Jones has three years to convince a smallish percentage of Alabama voters who voted for "Not Roy Moore" that we was worth their vote. But the DNC is run by retards, so they'll fuck this up too.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
If the Democratic part was smart, they would see this as an opportunity to start courting southern voters. Doug Jones has three years to convince a smallish percentage of Alabama voters who voted for "Not Roy Moore" that we was worth their vote. But the DNC is run by retards, so they'll fuck this up too.

He will be repping a very conservative state. I don't know much about his political positions but we should not expect him to vote in lockstep with the more liberal aspects of the Democratic agenda, or his Senate career will be very short.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
What might be an important vote in brexit was lost by the brexit rabid government this evening. Coupled with the Doug Jones win it lends the day something of a fightback for rationals feel.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
He will be repping a very conservative state. I don't know much about his political positions but we should not expect him to vote in lockstep with the more liberal aspects of the Democratic agenda, or his Senate career will be very short.

That's what I'm hoping for. Being a Democrat in Alabama needn't be the same thing as being a Democrat in California. Whatever some of us might think about it, the fact is that the culture down south is a lot different and isn't going to change overnight. The sooner that the left realizes that a combination of demonization and condescension isn't going to win hearts & minds down there, the sooner that they can try to compete with the GOP.

Marek

Banned

Agreed.

But Doug Jones is a staunch pro choicer and, if his prosecutorial career is any evidence, an anti racist as well.

He'll play the uber progressive libtard minefield like a pro

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's 2017 and people still think abortion should be illegal...in the superpower of the world.

It's a big reason why so many voted for a pedophile.

Look at this:

dn9f37yscm301.jpg

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
It's 2017 and most people believe whatever they want to believe, because it's easy to associate pretty much exclusively with other people who will validate and reinforce those beliefs.

I mean, you're talking about values and opinions, Sage, but people really do seem to feel entitled to their own facts, now.

I really think there are more sincere flat-earthers than there are people engaging in it as a bit now.

At that point, satire is really dead. It's over. We can't do satire anymore. We can't do irony.

Seriously, look at the people who claim to be engaging in satire and irony. Often as not, it's just shitty sincerity in disguise.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's 2017 and people still think abortion should be illegal...in the superpower of the world.

It's a big reason why so many voted for a pedophile.

Look at this:

dn9f37yscm301.jpg

The real problem isn’t white men but evangelicals. Evangelicals are basically confused satanists on a one way ticket to suck demon cock for eternity in hell. Biggest terrorist group in the world.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
That's what I'm hoping for. Being a Democrat in Alabama needn't be the same thing as being a Democrat in California. Whatever some of us might think about it, the fact is that the culture down south is a lot different and isn't going to change overnight. The sooner that the left realizes that a combination of demonization and condescension isn't going to win hearts & minds down there, the sooner that they can try to compete with the GOP.

Agreed. Democrats have a prime opportunity right now to embrace moderate Republicans that feel alienated by their party's relentless shift to the right. Having some conservative views should not be a deal breaker as long as there's a general consensus on the issues that actually matter.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The real problem isn’t white men but evangelicals. Evangelicals are basically confused satanists on a one way ticket to suck demon cock for eternity in hell. Biggest terrorist group in the world.

White evangelicals.

A good number of those black men and women were also evangelicals.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

Jewish Bible...lol

Eatin' ain't cheatin'

They weren't all 17, lithy.

Please don't type anything about ephibophilia, lithy.

Not you.

It would ruin me.

lol. Just being a pedant, I'm bored, but I got to look up a new word for it.

Also, I think lonestage is in 'game recognize game' mode and I can never get him riled up.

pedantophilia.

I do like all the back-patting going on from Democrats around the country on this election. I meant to reply to your other post about how Ds will regain control while learning nothing in the process. I wonder if this election will result in less patronizing (or flat out calling them retards) of the Deep South by the 'left'. Seems unlikely, but who knows, maybe Alabama can go for Hillary in 2020.