post your favorite music video clips ever

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Any video directed by Michel Gondry are tops in my book.

But traditionally, Daft Punk Around the World, and The Chemical Brothers Star Guitar.
Both videos have visual elements that represent the various instruments and sounds.

Around the World's choreography is absolutely brilliant. Every dancer represents an instrument, and has a dance steps that represents the notes! Crazy!

Star Guitar was a visual achievement when it came out due to the seamless stitching of visual landscapes that also represent instruments. But also the incredible thing about this video is the timing of when objects appear on camera, representing notes of the song. Every objects, be it a post, a building, a shrub, etc... are all spawned at the timing of the notes. It gets mesmerizing just seeing what thing represents what.

Other honorable Michel Gondry mentions:

Kylie Minogue "Come Into My World" - awesome "parallel pathing" choreography editing

The White Stripes “The Hardest Button to Button” - instrument duplication on the beat and rhythm (apparently they had to have a shit-ton of gear to make this video)

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I'll just post the last 2 videos that really did something for me...

If these early tracks are any indication, I am going to lose my shit for the next MGMT record!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
BUMP

This band isn't my cup of tea, but I really like this song and video, and I realized find myself seeking it out at at least once a year.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I always disliked that "King of my Castle" tune. Plus, the video is just GitS footage. I had the GitS soundtrack back then, and I had people I asking me to rip that damn song for them. It shouldn't even be on this list. It's not a music video. It's just a bunch of scenes cut together, like the stuff made by 12-year olds on YouTube, when they cut scenes from their favorite anime to the latest Lady Gaga song. Or whatever. I know I need to update my references. Big Shaq? Man's not hot? I hear that shit, like, all day, every day.

Chris Brann, the guy who made the original track (which is pretty much a downtempo track) dislikes the remixes aswell. The original is, imo, better.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

This one below requires a way to view 360 videos, but pretty cool if you can.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
A few more:

And def one of my favorites, even though I don't really like the band... I love this song and the video has even more impact than the song itself: