PC Engine Super System3 RGB Tech Support.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
Well to play devil's advocate here..not getting the output right is a pretty big faux pas. One that could have probably been avoided with a few more beta, proto testers.

You're going to spoil everyone's bitching about "kids these days".

I'm 41, and some of you sound positively geriatric.

People don't need to be flipping out over this like some are, that's for sure. Nerd rage over a first rev product is absurd. But it didn't help that those who understood why the details matter and were trying to help make sure these problems didn't make it into the shipping product were told to shut up and stop obsessing over stupid things like cables. If the RGB quality issues require a hardware revision to fix, how much more will that cost NeoSD than a bit more QA and (constructive) criticism up front?

[insert typical disclaimer that I love the product and NeoSD and my SSDS3 is on the way and I'm excited and no need to get shitty about it yada yada]

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
[insert typical disclaimer that I love the product and NeoSD and my SSDS3 is on the way and I'm excited and no need to get shitty about it yada yada]

hahaha

I will still shake my cane and yell at all these little bitchy-ass nerds though.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
WELL... the good thing is...

Alex and the forum have come to an understanding...

In the future they will have their own forum/website/facebook page... HOWEVER, they will remain on NG.com... under the same rules as I have always stated....

This will give some of the more pussy members and Generation Facebook a "safe space" away from NG.com...

xROTx

PS. I will mod this place... someone else will have to mod Alex's new place.... Good luck to the fellow :D

EDIT. As always... Love...

Rot Phung Te...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
WELL... the good thing is...

Alex and the forum have come to an understanding...

In the future they will have their own forum/website/facebook page... HOWEVER, they will remain on NG.com... under the same rules as I have always stated....

This will give some of the more pussy members and Generation Facebook a "safe space" away from NG.com...

xROTx

PS. I will mod this place... someone else will have to mod Alex's new place.... Good luck to the fellow :D

EDIT. As always... Love...

Rot Phung Te...

"Safe Space" , I cringe every time I hear that word.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
"Safe Space" , I cringe every time I hear that word.

TELL me about it...

Over the past few days... i have seen the extent of the pussy generation... it's sorta embarrasing...

So... Neosd is a nice man... he's gonna make a non-NG.com place for your these guys Vagina needs...

All in all... i suspect I know what will eventually happen in this "Safe Space" but I am gonna keep it a surprise... for the new guy in charge:D

xROTx

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Dude...you are one of those bitchy ass nerds. The pendulum swings both ways.

Touche. You have bested me, sir. But I'm a different kind of nerd that rarely bitches imo.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
TELL me about it...

Over the past few days... i have seen the extent of the pussy generation... it's sorta embarrasing...

So... Neosd is a nice man... he's gonna make a non-NG.com place for your these guys Vagina needs...

All in all... i suspect I know what will eventually happen in this "Safe Space" but I am gonna keep it a surprise... for the new guy in charge:D

xROTx

That's Cool.

This might be a little off topic but I just don't understand why people outside the regulars dislike this place. I know sometimes we could be a little rough but we are all adults here, not little children. Probably most here are past their 30's and just want to blow off some steam, enjoy the hobby, and have a little fun. Are we suppose to just let people ask dumb shit a million times or allow them to not follow the rules and just be polite about everything? That's how other Social Media places want it, not here.

My advice to these angry nerds is put the controller down and make your self a hard drink, put on some Johhny Cash, slowly sip your drink and just sit there and listen.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
This might be a little off topic but I just don't understand why people outside the regulars dislike this place. I know sometimes we could be a little rough but we are all adults here, not little children. Probably most here are past their 30's and just want to blow off some steam, enjoy the hobby, and have a little fun. Are we suppose to just let people ask dumb shit a million times or allow them to not follow the rules and just be polite about everything? That's how other Social Media places want it, not here.

I think it's partly because the "rules" here make it look like there are no rules, and then when new members (or returning members) feed old members the same shit they're being fed, they get banned. You can't call people "fagits" out of one side of your mouth, insist that they chill with the other side, then act surprised when they act out.

This place also has some Trump-type wannabe alphas who talk all tough but are the first to act butthurt when things start getting nasty. It's also kind of like a street gang where you have to accept beatings from senior members without retaliating in order to gain some street cred.

The funny part for me is that one of the reasons I came back is because the forums I've been frequenting have felt a little too civil/safe and I had fond memories of how this place was run. I can give as good as I get and don't mind the vibe here, but there's some hypocrisy in how this place handles certain things. Either let everyone shit on each other and expect them to take it like a man regardless of status or provide some basic rules/boundaries that are better documented than gang code.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I think it's partly because the "rules" here make it look like there are no rules, and then when new members (or returning members) feed old members the same shit they're being fed, they get banned. You can't call people "fagits" out of one side of your mouth, insist that they chill with the other side, then act surprised when they act out.

This place also has some Trump-type wannabe alphas who talk all tough but are the first to act butthurt when things start getting nasty. It's also kind of like a street gang where you have to accept beatings from senior members without retaliating in order to gain some street cred.

The funny part for me is that one of the reasons I came back is because the forums I've been frequenting have felt a little too civil/safe and I had fond memories of how this place was run. I can give as good as I get and don't mind the vibe here, but there's some hypocrisy in how this place handles certain things. Either let everyone shit on each other and expect them to take it like a man regardless of status or provide some basic rules/boundaries that are better documented than gang code.

There is no "Gang Code"... there is only ONE code when it concerns NG.com... it is...

Rot gets bored... EASILY... and if you push your fuckin' luck... he'll decide you are expendable...

xROTx

PS. Ask Friend Of Sonic... I had been aware of his dumbness for a while... I just needed an in...

...and it ends badly...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Yea, I understand what your saying but let's take us for example. We got into a few dumb scraps, had some fun with it, and it's whatever now. We all talk shit to each other and don't get scared away. It's really not a bad place if you could take a few verbal punches. I think it makes this place Unique and Fun. We have New Members here who were able to take it and dish it back and they are getting along fine over here. I don't think it matters how long you've been here. If you say something that someone doesn't agree with, they are going to let you know and it's probably not going to be in the nicest way either which is a beautiful thing.

TuSecsy

War Room Troll
HEY lads... Here's something to think about....

We have some of the best tech fella's on the netz... they all believe in helping our community... so, this RGB cable thing will eventually be resolved...

This is why Neosd and his team like it here... we will help out if humanly possible...

Concerning, The Schmups thing... it's System11's website... and he's a nice site owner...

Inter forum spats are so 80's... fun tho they maybe... SO... what I'm trying to say is...

Let's focus on our website and our userbase... The tech lads will solve it and our userbase gets the benefits...

xROTx

PS. I've been known to funster... but when all is said and done... my MAIN priority is to the site and the community here...

With the exception of a few idiots of course... everyone gets looked after...

No worries, keep doin your thing. I actually like it here, internet has become far too safe space for sure.

The NeoSD team thing came off as a little harsh but I was just pacing and leading them (persuasion technique). 3 days ago they laughed it off as a cable problem, now they're consulting voultar & co. like they should've a month ago. Lots of people got pissed off along the way, shucks!

I just want to order an SSD3 that's the final solution, not some half-step like it as atm. So once they fix their hardware I'm all over it. Seems they finally got the message.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
No worries, keep doin your thing. I actually like it here, internet has become far too safe space for sure.

The NeoSD team thing came off as a little harsh but I was just pacing and leading them (persuasion technique). 3 days ago they laughed it off as a cable problem, now they're consulting voultar & co. like they should've a month ago. Lots of people got pissed off along the way, shucks!

I just want to order an SSD3 that's the final solution, not some half-step like it as atm. So once they fix their hardware I'm all over it. Seems they finally got the message.

Yeah you're a fucking hero. Please go away.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member

You're one of the pussies we're talking about dumbass.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
There is no "Gang Code"... there is only ONE code when it concerns NG.com... it is...

Rot gets bored... EASILY... and if you push your fuckin' luck... he'll decide you are expendable...

Sounds arbitrary, but I'm not going to debate the topic because we both know where that will end up.

Yea, I understand what your saying but let's take us for example. We got into a few dumb scraps, had some fun with it, and it's whatever now. We all talk shit to each other and don't get scared away. It's really not a bad place if you could take a few verbal punches. I think it makes this place Unique and Fun. We have New Members here who were able to take it and dish it back and they are getting along fine over here. I don't think it matters how long you've been here. If you say something that someone doesn't agree with, they are going to let you know and it's probably not going to be in the nicest way either which is a beautiful thing.

Fair enough, but in the context of a discussion about a new product where the forum is playing host to that product's maker, this type of interaction is detrimental both to the forum and the manufacturer. Getting into it over games or politics is fine, but when a discussion about RGB cables goes off the rails and a vendor has to reevaluate their participation here, we all lose.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Getting into it over games or politics is fine, but when a discussion about RGB cables goes off the rails and a vendor has to reevaluate their participation here, we all lose.

they just can't handle the unstable voltages.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Sounds arbitrary, but I'm not going to debate the topic because we both know where that will end up.

Pretty much...

Fair enough, but in the context of a discussion about a new product where the forum is playing host to that product's maker, this type of interaction is detrimental both to the forum and the manufacturer. Getting into it over games or politics is fine, but when a discussion about RGB cables goes off the rails and a vendor has to reevaluate their participation here, we all lose.

That's why neosd and I talk.. you fucks play... do what the fuck you like...

But as soon as it get's serious... it's "but but... it's not my fault"...

Yes it was your fuckin' fault... nerds who like you and the "generation complain at will"... are what makes developers not choose forums...

Instead of looking at the big picture... you wanna focus on your petty RGB shit... and not give the terraonion team a chance to resolve it...

YOU have been at the forefront of the complaining here... and hence... YOU are the one that will get it in the neck...

I have done my utmost to protect Neosd from the forums ways but no more...

He will still play here even after the new place is created... which means... i will get free reign to deal with you guys the good old NG.com way...

xROTx

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
Pretty much...

That's why neosd and I talk.. you fucks play... do what the fuck you like...

But as soon as it get's serious... it's "but but... it's not my fault"...

Yes it was your fuckin' fault... nerds who like you and the "generation complain at will"... are what makes developers not choose forums...

Instead of looking at the big picture... you wanna focus on your petty RGB shit... and not give the terraonion team a chance to resolve it...

YOU have been at the forefront of the complaining here... and hence... YOU are the one that will get it in the neck...

I have done my utmost to protect Neosd from the forums ways but no more...

He will still play here even after the new place is created... which means... i will get free reign to deal with you guys the good old NG.com way...

xROTx

Please point me toward the post(s) where I complained about NeoSD or their products.

Observation and constructive criticism meant to help improve the product and increase its chances of success aren't complaints and aren't bad, except to hypersensitive types who shouldn't be in business in the first place. There's nothing petty about getting potential issues out in the open and resolving them before they become an expensive mistake.

And don't lump me in with the others who are flipping out. That's horseshit.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Please point me toward the post(s) where I complained about NeoSD or their products.

Observation and constructive criticism meant to help improve the product and increase its chances of success aren't complaints and aren't bad, except to hypersensitive types who shouldn't be in business in the first place. There's nothing petty about getting potential issues out in the open and resolving them before they become an expensive mistake.

And don't lump me in with the others who are flipping out. That's horseshit.

... You post with the disguise of "constructive ciristiscm".... but in reality... it's you complaining...

Blah de blah... "should've road tested more"... blah de blah... "Don't come to Ng.com... it's Bad"...

YOU are the sort of guy that would happily sell you life insurance... knowing you don't need it and then bitch about it afterwards... saying the industry is fucked...

Fuckin' hypocrite...

SavagePencil

Crazed MVS Addict
From the shmups discussion, they're talking with Voultar about how to get csync cables working and will also be looking into why video signal is bleeding into the audio. It sounds like there is a path forward, but it may require some surgery for the early adopters.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
From the shmups discussion, they're talking with Voultar about how to get csync cables working and will also be looking into why video signal is bleeding into the audio. It sounds like there is a path forward, but it may require some surgery for the early adopters.

That's awesome.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
thirdkind has sadly been indisposed.... for the forseeable future...

NEVER say i didn't give him a chance... but as SOON as you enter chat and start breaking my balls... you might as well consider your long term prospects around here...

xROTx

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
If this helps here is what’s inside of this cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JSK2LHM/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_PNPyAbK3408TE
69091cc95984c5a243856d127033fdb7.jpg
c6a76095c9359736f2baf252899e4a5a.jpg

And here is what’s inside of this cable
https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk...e-2-sega-genesis-2-rgb-av-scart-cable-tv-lead
a7a585081660b7d1e30256a196d8ca1d.jpg
00481fc54a9cd2106c9a820925de0498.jpg

I got my order to go through on the third day of sales so I don’t have it yet but when it’s here I’ll test on a XRGB mini to Plasma TV and a ikegami RGB CRT. The ikegami only worked with my other RGB consoles when I used csync cables directly or when I ran it through a BNC cable with a built in sync stripper from Wookieewin.
If either of these should not be used for a technical reason let me know.