Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 263

Thread: PC Engine Super System3 RGB Tech Support.

  1. #101
    New Challenger

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    So, did you ask NeoSD for a free unit to review?
    Absolutely not, although maybe Alex assumed I did? I often ask if places are sending review units out; Meaning send it, I test and send back. I also have asked many times if I can "buy the first one off the assembly line" from people...which I'll admit is a dick move since I'm essentially "skipping the line", but I DO try my best to review and promote whatever it is.

    I really hope this isn't just a misunderstanding...

  2. #102
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I just wanted to see if they had anything added being cheap cables. That was going back to an earlier thought mentioned in the past.
    Don't worry Syn man...

    I think I'll move this convo to the War Room...

    xROTx

    PS. Just to focus RetroBobs mind... he's getting moved in there as well...

  3. #103
    New Challenger

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    YWhen Neosd was just starting out... he gave away free units of the NG release to drum up exposure... RetroRGB got one...
    I paid for mine. Want to see the receipt?

  4. #104
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,610
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRGB View Post
    I paid for mine. Want to see the receipt?
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...B&goto=newpost

    SURE...

    xROTx

  5. #105
    .
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    4
    Hi there,

    I hope this issue is resolved in a timely manner but I am definitely grateful for the device itself.

    I am able to play the system but it has a strange rainbowing effect during movement + bleeds colors on the right side of object in games on my BVM output.
    Not sure if it is important but white bleeds purple lines out the right side & blue bleeds blue lines.

    I have taken pictures of my current setup in the hopes that there may be something on the SD System 3 I can change to resolve the issue.

    Here is my current setup as well as a link to the pictures showing the above:
    System: Supergrafx
    BVM: 14F5U
    SCART Splitter: GscartSW Lite
    Upscaler for LCD: Framemeister
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Oq?usp=sharing

    Hopefully this can help in some way with NeoDevs investigation into the issue.

  6. #106
    Pupil of Bonus-Kun

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Eatitup_86 View Post
    I have taken pictures of my current setup in the hopes that there may be something on the SD System 3 I can change to resolve the issue.
    Are you connecting that SCART cable to the SSDS3? I'm not sure how on spec it is. I can't see any resistors on the RGB lines (unless they are in the other end) and it looks like you have a sync stripper or something in there as well.

  7. #107
    NEST Puppet
    flashbackx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    This. A bunch of people here told me to order cables from her because they are quality. I honestly don't care if I have to buy another cable just as long as it works.
    Agreed. I have have bought most of my cables from her and they've all worked great. This is just an odd issue that is easily solved by using a different cable... for me at least.

  8. #108
    .
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kez View Post
    Are you connecting that SCART cable to the SSDS3? I'm not sure how on spec it is. I can't see any resistors on the RGB lines (unless they are in the other end) and it looks like you have a sync stripper or something in there as well.
    Yep, that is the cable I am using. it came from RetroGameAccessories (Retro-access). There are resistors in there but you can only see one in the photos. I guess they are installed directly on to the SCART cable pins based on that one's positioning. This cable works perfectly on my Genesis 2 which is what it was designed for originally.

    The sync stripping occurring on the LCD is from the Framemeister. The BVM input is direct from the gscartsw lite.

  9. #109
    Ikari Warrior
    Jibbajaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Livin' in VBA's head, rent free...

    Posts
    5,332
    Oh, is this why I got a Twitter DM from Voultar today, upset at what I said about their show? Because RetroRGB saw my comment in this thread?

    To tie a bow around what I said directly to him in DM, if you guys are going to criticize people and their work on your show, then some people aren't going to like your show.

    He wanted to know why I would do something shitty like that to him, and I replied with "shitty like scaring people into not buying Everdrives because it will fry their hardware?" and his reply was "what does that have to do with me?". Uhh, because Rene is your co-host? Those Everdrives are how Krikzz makes his living. You're fucking with someone's means of putting food on the table because Rene has a theory. How many game consoles do we know (or even suspect) are taking a dirt nap because the owner used Everdrives? Zero plus or minus zero. But because Rene has a theory that this could put extra wear-and-tear on a console's electronics, let's work the retrogaming world up into a tizzy.

    I also saw the video you (Voultar) put up where you re-did a Doujindance Duo-R. Now, cards on the table, that's why I contacted you about re-doing my unit, but to be honest, you were such an asshole in that video that I was really tempted to not contact you at all (and ultimately your attitude is why I said "nevermind". I gave you the story about spending the money on something else because I was trying to extricate myself from the situation without being a cunt. Oh well.) Doujindance might not be a professional EE. Maybe he's just a guy trying to do his best based on what he knows. I've heard that his work has gotten better, so maybe he's made an effort to learn. I have no idea. But you completely destroyed him in that video. It's OK to make a video showing what goes into re-doing his mod work, and cautioning people that his work is obviously not pro-quality without treating him like a god damned retard.

    Point is, if you're going to put negativity (and a ton of bravado) out there, don't be shocked when some people don't like you. I get called every name in the book in the comments section of my videos. You know how many times I've contacted the offenders to argue with them? Never.
    Neo-Geo AES US #000003 | Neo-Geo MVS #55378008 | Neo-Geo CD US #71077345



    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

  10. #110
    War Room Troll
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    new york

    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba View Post
    Oh, is this why I got a Twitter DM from Voultar today, upset at what I said about their show? Because RetroRGB saw my comment in this thread?

    To tie a bow around what I said directly to him in DM, if you guys are going to criticize people and their work on your show, then some people aren't going to like your show.

    He wanted to know why I would do something shitty like that to him, and I replied with "shitty like scaring people into not buying Everdrives because it will fry their hardware?" and his reply was "what does that have to do with me?". Uhh, because Rene is your co-host? Those Everdrives are how Krikzz makes his living. You're fucking with someone's means of putting food on the table because Rene has a theory. How many game consoles do we know (or even suspect) are taking a dirt nap because the owner used Everdrives? Zero plus or minus zero. But because Rene has a theory that this could put extra wear-and-tear on a console's electronics, let's work the retrogaming world up into a tizzy.

    I also saw the video you (Voultar) put up where you re-did a Doujindance Duo-R. Now, cards on the table, that's why I contacted you about re-doing my unit, but to be honest, you were such an asshole in that video that I was really tempted to not contact you at all (and ultimately your attitude is why I said "nevermind". I gave you the story about spending the money on something else because I was trying to extricate myself from the situation without being a cunt. Oh well.) Doujindance might not be a professional EE. Maybe he's just a guy trying to do his best based on what he knows. I've heard that his work has gotten better, so maybe he's made an effort to learn. I have no idea. But you completely destroyed him in that video. It's OK to make a video showing what goes into re-doing his mod work, and cautioning people that his work is obviously not pro-quality without treating him like a god damned retard.

    Point is, if you're going to put negativity (and a ton of bravado) out there, don't be shocked when some people don't like you. I get called every name in the book in the comments section of my videos. You know how many times I've contacted the offenders to argue with them? Never.
    Ya that Rene/Krikzz bullshit left a stain on all those guys. Rene is a fuckin idiot let's be real. Oh no 30 years from now I might lose a day off a consoles lifespan (in theory)! Throw out your everdrives! Jealous fuckin hack, lul.

    Voultar is good people though, he has every right to make fun of that douchendance jizm. At least Voultar has the skills/knowledge to back up what he says unlike Bob/Rene/Etc.
    Last edited by TuSecsy; 01-17-2018 at 08:20 PM.

  11. #111
    Ikari Warrior
    Jibbajaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Livin' in VBA's head, rent free...

    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by TuSecsy View Post
    Ya that Rene/Krikzz bullshit left a stain on all those guys. Rene is a fuckin idiot let's be real. Oh no 30 years from now I might lose a day off a consoles lifespan (in theory)! Throw out your everdrives! Jealous fuckin hack, lul.

    Voultar is good people though, he has every right to make fun of that douchendance jizm. At least Voultar has the skills/knowledge to back up what he says unlike Bob/Rene/Etc.
    I'm not saying that anyone is an idiot, I'm just saying that I don't like the way they handle things. And I think that it comes from a feeling of self-importance, which is why I said what I originally did. Voultar is obviously a smart guy, but he walks around like he has an "S" on his chest or that he has a dick swinging between his legs that's bigger than his forearm. A little bit of humility never hurt anyone.
    Neo-Geo AES US #000003 | Neo-Geo MVS #55378008 | Neo-Geo CD US #71077345



    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

  12. #112
    War Room Troll
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    new york

    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba View Post
    I'm not saying that anyone is an idiot, I'm just saying that I don't like the way they handle things. And I think that it comes from a feeling of self-importance, which is why I said what I originally did. Voultar is obviously a smart guy, but he walks around like he has an "S" on his chest or that he has a dick swinging between his legs that's bigger than his forearm. A little bit of humility never hurt anyone.
    I think he's funny. And Rene is still a fuckin idiot. But to each their own.

  13. #113
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    Voultar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba View Post
    I'm not saying that anyone is an idiot, I'm just saying that I don't like the way they handle things. And I think that it comes from a feeling of self-importance, which is why I said what I originally did. Voultar is obviously a smart guy, but he walks around like he has an "S" on his chest or that he has a dick swinging between his legs that's bigger than his forearm. A little bit of humility never hurt anyone.

    Rather than conflating what was actually said. Let's talk about why I PM'd you in the first place. I was genuinely interested in not what you said, but what motivated you to say what you said. I wouldn't PM a normal stranger. But we know the same people and sorta run in the same circles so I assumed that we were somewhat pals. Whether it was cunty or childish is totally beside the point. But when I communicated to you that it I found your remarks about me kinda shitty and harsh, your retort was something along the lines of "Shitty like scaring people into thinking that Everdrives are going to fry their systems?" Who in the fuck said that? I didn't say that. Did Rene say that? Did you actually read his article? Perhaps you didn't understand the data being presented? Who knows. I'm a pretty friendly guy and I try to help everyone that I can. But to equate something that hasn't anything to do with me along with my video critique of a guy living in Japan (DoujinDance) who was selling $400+ PC-E Duo's that were terrible and DANGEROUSLY modded, SHOWING people how they, themselves can fix said systems is the result of someone with too much self-importance? I'm sorry, but that's completely erroneous, You then coupled your justification further by saying something along the lines of "I read about how you guys are digging in to this new PCE thingy from NeoSD and then find out that your other co-host is buddies with DarkSoft." -Dude, are you fucking serious? I've OPENLY submitted analog spice simulations to those guys so that they can implement a more refined RGB circuit in a later revisions. I've not "dug" into anyone.. Please cite where you read that. I'm trying to help them out. As for what RetroRGB does, says, fucks, wanks too, what fucking business is that of mine? That's akin to saying "Well, RetroGGBob raped 4 clowns at the Carnival last week. He does a podcast once a month with a couple of other dudes, so they're guilty, too.

    You are completely free to have whatever opinion you want of me. Again, I was merely interested in your method of thinking. It's a moment of teaching for me, at least. I like Rot, and I like almost everyone here. I try to help everyone. If you don't like me, that's completely 100% fine. I was merely curious as to why.
    Last edited by Voultar; 01-17-2018 at 09:38 PM.

  14. #114
    War Room Troll
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    new york

    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Voultar View Post
    Rather than conflating what was actually said. Let's talk about why I PM'd you in the first place. I was genuinely interested in not what you said, but what motivated you to say what you said. I wouldn't PM a normal stranger. But we know the same people and sorta run in the same circles so I assumed that we were somewhat pals. Whether it was cunty or childish is totally beside the point. But when I communicated to you that it I found your remarks about me kinda shitty and harsh, your retort was something along the lines of "Shitty like scaring people into thinking that Everdrives are going to fry their systems?" Who in the fuck said that? I didn't say that. Did Rene say that? Did you actually read his article? Perhaps you didn't understand the data being presented? Who knows. I'm a pretty friendly guy and I try to help everyone that I can. But to equate something that hasn't anything to do with me along with my video critique of a guy living in Japan (DoujinDance) who was selling $400+ PC-E Duo's that were terrible and DANGEROUSLY modded, SHOWING people how they, themselves can fix said systems is the result of someone with too much self-importance? I'm sorry, but that's completely erroneous, You then coupled your justification further by saying something along the lines of "I read about how you guys are digging in to this new PCE thingy from NeoSD and then find out that your other co-host is buddies with DarkSoft." -Dude, are you fucking serious? I've OPENLY submitted analog spice simulations to those guys so that they can implement a more refined RGB circuit in a later revisions. I've not "dug" into anyone.. Please cite where you read that. I'm trying to help them out. As for what RetroRGB does, says, fucks, wanks too, what fucking business is that of mine? That's akin to saying "Well, RetroGGBob raped 4 clowns at the Carnival last week. He does a podcast once a month with a couple of other dudes, so they're guilty, too.

    You are completely free to have whatever opinion you want of me. Again, I was merely interested in your method of thinking. It's a moment of teaching for me, at least. I like Rot, and I like almost everyone here. I try to help everyone. If you don't like me, that's completely 100% fine. I was just curious as to why.
    Rene did say certain everdrives are dangerous to your system and will reduce it's lifespan (i.e. eventually fry it), with zero real world evidence to back it up. There's also a bunch of errors in his article which the whole roundtable refuses to acknowledge (saying certain everdrives didn't have grounds when they in fact did, for example). And you did back him up on said podcast.

    That's akin to saying "I agree with what Bob did to those poor helpless clowns, in fact I handed him the mace, and I was jerkin off while he did it". Just keepin it real, you can argue semantics if you like.
    Last edited by TuSecsy; 01-17-2018 at 09:44 PM.

  15. #115
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    Voultar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by TuSecsy View Post
    Rene did say certain everdrives are dangerous to your system and will reduce it's lifespan (i.e. eventually fry it). With zero real world evidence to back it up. And you did back him up on said podcast. Just keepin it real, you can argue semantics if you like.
    Is it possible? Absolutely. Is it probable? Of fucking course not! I'm pretty sure that was thoroughly clarified.

    And about the whole Doujindance video. Have you any idea how many times he was contacted and pleaded with to NOT use 2-part epoxy when modding up DUO-R systems? A bunch of times! Do you know how many of those systems that I and others have saved from the fucking dumpsters? Why shouldn't he be called out for that? He's now producing PCB's for his modifications and things are much, much better.

    @Jibbajaba - I have absolutely no beef with you. I wish you the best in whatever your endeavors are. Since you made a point to talk about my DM's here, I wanted to enact the labor of explaining everything, in very clear terms.
    Last edited by Voultar; 01-17-2018 at 09:45 PM.

  16. #116
    War Room Troll
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    new york

    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Voultar View Post
    Is it possible? Absolutely. Is it probable? Of fucking course not! I'm pretty sure that was thoroughly clarified.

    And about the whole Doujindance video. Have you any idea how many times he was contacted and pleaded with to NOT use 2-part epoxy when modding up DUO-R systems? A bunch of times! Do you know how many of those systems that I and others have saved from the fucking dumpsters? Why shouldn't he be called out for that? He's now producing PCB's for his modifications and things are much, much better.

    @Jibbajaba - I have absolutely no beef with you. I wish you the best in whatever your endeavors are. Since you made a point to talk about my DM's here, I wanted to enact the labor of explaining everything, in very clear terms.
    It actually wasn't thoroughly clarified at any point. You never said it's not probable, in fact all of you were saying it is a hard fact that these are reducing the lifespan of the systems based on Rene's amazing junk science theory. And you attacked and laughed at anyone who doubted the validity of his claims. There is zero, I repeat, zero chance of any everdrive reducing your systems lifespan, FAX!

    It's also just as possible that Bob fucked those clowns after killing them. That sick bastard.

    But fuck douchendance. Please please please never stop making fun of and humiliating him and anyone else like him. It's fuckin hilarious and also a much needed service/warning for the community, thank you.
    Last edited by TuSecsy; 01-17-2018 at 09:54 PM.

  17. #117
    Ikari Warrior
    Jibbajaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Livin' in VBA's head, rent free...

    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Voultar View Post
    You are completely free to have whatever opinion you want of me. Again, I was merely interested in your method of thinking. It's a moment of teaching for me, at least. I like Rot, and I like almost everyone here. I try to help everyone. If you don't like me, that's completely 100% fine. I was merely curious as to why.
    Look, man. It goes without saying that I don't know you personally. Maybe you're good peeps. But online you put out a real "I need to be the smartest guy in the room" vibe, like the kind of guy who screams out his own name during sex. I know and can not stand people like that in real life. If you want to stare at yourself in the mirror while you jack off, that's your business. But when you start knocking other people down to make yourself look smart, that's where I check out.

    I personally just try to make good content to put out there without getting up in anyone else's shit, and I respect other people who do the same. I've been on YT for almost 5 years now, and this is the first instance of inter-creator drama I've gotten involved in. Can you say the same? Nope.
    Neo-Geo AES US #000003 | Neo-Geo MVS #55378008 | Neo-Geo CD US #71077345



    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

  18. #118
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    Voultar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    125
    It's bad practice to generate more heat when you don't have to and problems can absolutely arise. I agree that more emphasis should've been placed on the actual poor practice than the extreme ramifications.

    It's a poor design choice. I don't know how that can be refuted.

  19. #119
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    Voultar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    125
    Oh, I didn't PM you as a miffed "content" creator. I PM'd you as a manly man. I hope you go for another 5 years and make wonderful content that's original and fruitful. I like your stuff!
    Last edited by Voultar; 01-17-2018 at 10:00 PM.

  20. #120
    War Room Troll
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    new york

    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Voultar View Post
    It's bad practice to generate more heat when you don't have to and problems can absolutely arise. I agree that more emphasis should've been placed on the actual poor practice than the extreme ramifications.

    It's a poor design choice. I don't know how that can be refuted.
    Poor design choice like not having dummy pins in the middle to solidify the connection of the dbgrafxboostr?

    It's only a "poor design choice" if it actually matters to the end user, which it doesn't. There's no proof it even generates more heat. Stop defending baldy he's the weak point in your crew and you know it.

    I find Voultar's arrogance hilarious and addictive. If you want the boring NPR alternative to Howard Stern, then by all means, listen to NPR.

    I would guess that if you knew him in real life he's also extremely kind and generous to everyone he knows. I would also guess that jibbajaba is a judgemental selfish prick... Funny how personalities work.
    Last edited by TuSecsy; 01-17-2018 at 10:12 PM.

  21. #121
    Crossed Swords Squire

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Ohio,USA

    Posts
    199
    Just saying, whether you like Rene or not, he wasn't trying to ruin Krikzz. He did talk to Krikzz before putting out his article. The more important part of the article that everyone forgets is that he was mainly pointing out the issues with the multicarts from China. Yes Everdrives were brought up but the multicarts, which we all know have issues, were the real point.

    On topic, if you guys do buy the cheap cable just be aware that if it is connected to the sync pin on the system side and you put it into a frammeister, gscart, or OSSC you can genuinely damage them. They might work but there are known issues with TTL csync on those devices.
    Last edited by MobiusStripTech; 01-17-2018 at 10:11 PM.

  22. #122
    Ikari Warrior
    Jibbajaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Livin' in VBA's head, rent free...

    Posts
    5,332
    I'm not saying that Rene was out to ruin Krikzz. But I think that what he did was irresponsible.
    Neo-Geo AES US #000003 | Neo-Geo MVS #55378008 | Neo-Geo CD US #71077345



    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

  23. #123
    . Yodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,961
    Quote Originally Posted by MobiusStripTech View Post
    On topic, if you guys do buy the cheap cable just be aware that if it is connected to the sync pin on the system side and you put it into a frammeister, gscart, or OSSC you can genuinely damage them. They might work but there are known issues with TTL csync on those devices.
    I can't possibly imagine why they would be connected to the sync pin. To even come close to being Euro Scart standard, they should use composite video.


    I have one coming in tomorrow. I'll let everyone know what is what with them.

  24. #124
    Crossed Swords Squire

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Ohio,USA

    Posts
    199
    Most of the cheap ones do connect to composite video, but you never know. Just giving a word of warning. I have a cheap one I use for testing and it was listed as being csync but it's definitely composite video.

  25. #125
    War Room Troll
    Join Date
    Oct 2001

    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by MobiusStripTech View Post
    Most of the cheap ones do connect to composite video, but you never know. Just giving a word of warning. I have a cheap one I use for testing and it was listed as being csync but it's definitely composite video.
    For those of us who are less technically inclined, can you show us what to look for in our cables to know for sure? I bought one of these because I have an MD1 SCART cable from this seller that works really well, but I also use a gscart and OSSC, so now I'm paranoid about damaging them with a TTL csync cable (which is what this one is claimed to be).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •