Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: PC Engine Super System3 RGB Tech Support.

Pm Rot. He'll Give You
    A Great Custom Rank.
    Those issues sound really strange. I've been using mine over the weekend and haven't found a problem yet playing any Hu-Card ROM or CD Image, except for a random softboot playing Star Parodier on stage 3... which was probably caused by having the in-game menu enabled. Still have to try it again with the option disabled. Very happy with it so far.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusStripTech View Post

I would be interested to know if anyone else has the same issue with the audio being ridiculously quiet? As shown in the video I posted, it's barely audible when maxed out.
    I haven't tried mine yet, but that sounds like the audio is coming from the pins but aren't amped to proper line levels. My composite modded TG16 does the same. The audio is fine, but I have to turn up the receiver much higher and if the receiver can't crank it high enough you get distortion since you're at the amp's maximum output.

I've got a briefcase connected right now, I'll test a game with it then switch to the SD3 to see if the volume levels on mine are different.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I haven't tried mine yet, but that sounds like the audio is coming from the pins but aren't amped to proper line levels. My composite modded TG16 does the same. The audio is fine, but I have to turn up the receiver much higher and if the receiver can't crank it high enough you get distortion since you're at the amp's maximum output.

I've got a briefcase connected right now, I'll test a game with it then switch to the SD3 to see if the volume levels on mine are different.
    Yeah I agree that it's likely not amped correctly. If I play a HuCard rom and plug into the system audio it's normal. As soon as I go back to the SSD3 I have to crank the volume.

Quote Originally Posted by [OCEAN] View Post
    Those issues sound really strange. I've been using mine over the weekend and haven't found a problem yet playing any Hu-Card ROM or CD Image, except for a random softboot playing Star Parodier on stage 3... which was probably caused by having the in-game menu enabled. Still have to try it again with the option disabled. Very happy with it so far.
    I have been able to consistently recreate my issues, so I definitely wish my experience was the same as yours. It's interesting to see how different the results have been. At this point I am going to continue to use Todd's files since he also isn't having all of my issues, but some of them at least. That way we have some baseline to go off of.

Cheng's Errand Boy

One of the members of the TerraOnion team posted to facebook that they are aware of the video noise issues and hope to have a fix by the weekend.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

I just hooked by SD3 and played a few games. I'm running it on a SD Wega set using HD Retrovision component cables.

First of all, the sound comparison. Audio from the SD3 is actually slightly louder than the same audio played through my IFUs audio out. It sounds good. I heard no hum or distortion.

The HD Retrovision cable works great with it. Setting the brightness switch to low is the correct position for this. I do see some noise in darker solid colors, it's pretty minor but it is there. If we get this fixed then it will look better than my RGB mod going through my converter.

Actual use is rad as fuck. Neosd said that loading is reduced, but in the games I tried it was pretty much gone altogether, like you were playing a hucard. CD audio starts with no seek delay at the start of stages which is a huge improvement over real hardware.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I just hooked by SD3 and played a few games. I'm running it on a SD Wega set using HD Retrovision component cables.

First of all, the sound comparison. Audio from the SD3 is actually slightly louder than the same audio played through my IFUs audio out. It sounds good. I heard no hum or distortion.

The HD Retrovision cable works great with it. Setting the brightness switch to low is the correct position for this. I do see some noise in darker solid colors, it's pretty minor but it is there. If we get this fixed then it will look better than my RGB mod going through my converter.

Actual use is rad as fuck. Neosd said that loading is reduced, but in the games I tried it was pretty much gone altogether, like you were playing a hucard. CD audio starts with no seek delay at the start of stages which is a huge improvement over real hardware.
    This is good to hear. Have my Retrovision cables stored away. Might Need to dust them off and hook this up to the big screen.

Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    This is good to hear. Have my Retrovision cables stored away. Might Need to dust them off and hook this up to the big screen.
    +1

On the HD Retro cable mailing list

Hopefully there'll be enough interest to make more sooner than later.

Disciple Of Orochi

Buying the Retrovision cables is starting to be one of my better ideas in recent memory.

Thread Information