PC Engine Super System3 RGB Tech Support.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
For all your RGB cable, and future Super System3 needs.

Within reason. Ex: No asking for ISO or Rom files.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Didn't we already go over this. A Standard Genny 2 Cable will work.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I posted it so people quit talking about it in the announcement thread.

nam9

Zero's Secretary
Didn't we already go over this. A Standard Genny 2 Cable will work.

Depends.

Assuming you want RGB then you also want to ensure that the cable wired for Composite Sync.
CSync should also be correctly attenuated with a cap/resistor.

Cheap cables can use composite video as sync which you don't want.

Personally I would recommend Retro Gaming Cables.
On eBay, retro_console_accessories has been recommended many times.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Ohh boy, I best stay out of this thread.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Depends.

Assuming you want RGB then you also want to ensure that the cable wired for Composite Sync.

Bingo.

If you want composite your run of the mill Genesis red, yellow, white cable will work.

If you want Component then the HDRetrovision cables have you covered. http://www.hdretrovision.com/ (out of stock right now, but worth the wait for a next batch).

If you want HDMI, then use one of the RGB solutions above and then hook it into an OSSC:

https://www.videogameperfection.com/products/open-source-converter/

If you want to use S-Video..there is something wrong with you (I'm not sure there is a solution here).

haightc

n00b
I was wondering if save state support was planning to be added at some point? It looks like based on the video's the database function hasn't been built out yet. It would be helpful is you could assign hucards to specific folder, like US only release to a US supercard. Or perhaps auto-select system card in most cases you would want the arcade card, but have US titles auto select Super System 3. I would be fine manually doing this though and manual selection might be better for those game express titles. Perhaps save state could be set to just dump the ram state saving the convenience of long password save recording and entry, this would obviously be yet another plus over the everdrive. I already have a coregrafx, supergrafx, two super cd-rom 2s, arcade card and turbo everdrive. The Super CD-ROM2 is a pain to recap, after you finally get it apart it's a mine field and it's almost like the traces want to come off. For me it makes the DUO and GT feel like cakewalks. I'm getting one of these to reduce the wear and tear on the system, plus bonus convenience. It might be neat if there is a switch, I like having the reset button on my everdrive. The simultaneous press of run and select seems like it'll work just fine though, I can't think of a game that mapping will become an issue. Maybe the reset button just resets the in memory game? With the Super CDROM2 audio also gets passed back to the console, is there a reason the SS3 doesn't? I use the audio output of my coregrafx as SCD2 port is excessively depressed but out of the console it sounds fine.

TwinFami

n00b
Depends.

So, I'd be able to use this with my SCART to HDMI box like my other systems and be good to go?

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
I was wondering if save state support was planning to be added at some point? It looks like based on the video's the database function hasn't been built out yet. It would be helpful is you could assign hucards to specific folder, like US only release to a US supercard. Or perhaps auto-select system card in most cases you would want the arcade card, but have US titles auto select Super System 3. I would be fine manually doing this though and manual selection might be better for those game express titles. Perhaps save state could be set to just dump the ram state saving the convenience of long password save recording and entry, this would obviously be yet another plus over the everdrive. I already have a coregrafx, supergrafx, two super cd-rom 2s, arcade card and turbo everdrive. The Super CD-ROM2 is a pain to recap, after you finally get it apart it's a mine field and it's almost like the traces want to come off. For me it makes the DUO and GT feel like cakewalks. I'm getting one of these to reduce the wear and tear on the system, plus bonus convenience. It might be neat if there is a switch, I like having the reset button on my everdrive. The simultaneous press of run and select seems like it'll work just fine though, I can't think of a game that mapping will become an issue. Maybe the reset button just resets the in memory game? With the Super CDROM2 audio also gets passed back to the console, is there a reason the SS3 doesn't? I use the audio output of my coregrafx as SCD2 port is excessively depressed but out of the console it sounds fine.

You're lucky that greedostick has created this thread .....

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Unsure about you Great_Spunky... but i feel somewhat cheated by having this...:(

xROTx

lol , just keep the focus on the bright side ,you're lucky too rot , cause it give you less work , you were very busy this last days in the other thread ...

Last edited:

haightc

n00b
Well you created this thread for generally technical questions. I don't post much on this forum because of all the negative and it sometimes makes me feel ashamed to be a NeoGeo owner. I seriously sometimes think that liking any of these games make conservation, moronic arsehole.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Well you created this thread for generally technical questions. I don't post much on this forum because of all the negative and it sometimes makes me feel ashamed to be a NeoGeo owner. I seriously sometimes think that liking any of these games make conservation, moronic arsehole.

The reason why most noobs get treated like shit is 95% of them do ZERO research into anything they comment on. Google is a workhorse. Hell most of the dumbass questions asked about the Neo has been answered hundreds of times. So yea, old guard is going to get pissy when it's obvious that zero footwork has been done. It's like saying you love Street Fighter II and don't even know the input commands for a Hadouken.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
For example, the thread in news and rumors has a link to this thread.

If new people read the whole thread most questions have been answered. They're too excited to research and get the treatment.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
The reason why most noobs get treated like shit is 95% of them do ZERO research into anything they comment on. Google is a workhorse. Hell most of the dumbass questions asked about the Neo has been answered hundreds of times. So yea, old guard is going to get pissy when it's obvious that zero footwork has been done. It's like saying you love Street Fighter II and don't even know the input commands for a Hadouken.

^truth

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

The Panda has spoken, Well said.

It's funny you mention SF and input commands for a Hadouken. When I first played Street Fighter II CE on the Genesis when I was a kid, me and my brother couldn't figure out how to do the special moves. I was pressing on the dpad with my thumb instead of dragging, thinking why the hell can't I pull this shit off. Once I pulled off my first Hadouken, I thought it was the greatest shit ever. By the end of the night my left thumb had a blister from that hard ass genny 3 button dpad. My Next Birthday present was one of these joints. I was kicking ass with this joystick.

q8w8AG0.jpg

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The Truth hurts...

TBH... I would like to have the new blood posting and so forth... some of them eventually could become decent posters and contributing members...

However, the recent posting without researching stuff... is sorta becoming irritating...

xROTx

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
However, the recent posting without researching stuff... is sorta becoming irritating...

irritating is the right word , Rot :
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273375-japangameonline-MVS-converter

no word of thanks , then 5 min later post a stupid question in the indicated thread

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?249818-Best-MVS-Multicart-and-where-to-buy&p=4258513&viewfull=1#post4258513

and 6 min later in another

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?272543-New-MVS-to-AES-Converter&p=4258515&viewfull=1#post4258515

KIDS WITHOUT MANNERS!
I give up:oh_no:

Last edited:

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Latest RetroRGB video talks about the SSDS3 9appound the 3 minute mark) and how the colors are going to be too bright now with the current RGB solution because the PCE outputs at a different voltage than the MD2... Apparently there is no winning in this situation.

https://youtu.be/rwbvAsF8OiE